Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Campaign

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Dromore_2019

Currently in the waiting room and wondering how many others are there too?

Anyone any idea of when 2018 campaign calls might start happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Cml29

For those who did the PCA last week - any idea of when medicals will be ? This month or more likely August - I haven’t a clue!

Thanks
    C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭YNWA27

Cml29 wrote: »
    For those who did the PCA last week - any idea of when medicals will be ? This month or more likely August - I haven’t a clue!

Thanks
    C

Check your spam folder

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Belfast123456

Just waiting on the call myself.

It looks like people are still getting calls from 17/10 to start in August. However I was under the impression that was when the 18/10 intake was starting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Dromore_2019

It looks like people are still getting calls from 17/10 to start in August. However I was under the impression that was when the 18/10 intake was starting?

What is your merit position

• Advertisement

The August intake will likely only be taking 1810 candidates as gap fillers.

So only a handful. Top 10 appointable probably

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kw19

Out of curiosity are there many 18/10 FTs who have had their vetting cleared? Still not heard anything about mine yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Throwaway36

Kw19 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity are there many 18/10 FTs who have had their vetting cleared? Still not heard anything about mine yet.

I know there is at least 3 active on here with vetting cleared from as early as 2-3 weeks ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 staffielover

Kw19 wrote: »

I’m FT and haven’t heard anything in relation to vetting. Just waiting patiently lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Belfast_24

Does anyone know if there is an intake planned for September? I know August calls have been made and an intake is also planned for October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Andy smith

Guys I see the PSNI website has been updated. 131 still remain from last years campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 49 wonkyempresso

A lot more left than I thought. Wonder if that's including the August intake? Was kinda thinking that August would be the rest of 1710 and top performers of 1810 but mustn't be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Down2Business

Any other boardies do their PCA fam today?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Kbe173

Just got the call guys!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 staffielover

Kbe173 wrote: »
    Just got the call guys!!!

Well done! I am sure your delighted
    I’m FT 2 and still no word on my vetting

When did your vetting come threw?
    Are you August intake?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Kbe173

About 3 weeks ago for vetting. I’m deferring but that’s just news that 2018 have started getting calls!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Belfast_24

Got the call! Early September start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 SAPY

Just wondering from the date you recieve the PCA date what day you get the medical date?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Up a tree

SAPY wrote: »
    Just wondering from the date you recieve the PCA date what day you get the medical date?

You'll get medical date on completion of PCA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Monty95

I got my medical date around 5 days after my PCA

• Advertisement

Monty95 wrote: »
    I got my medical date around 5 days after my PCA

I got mine the next day. Lol

There is not method to the madness

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

Hows everyone keeping?

Noticed the chat has been quiet for a while. I suppose we are all just watching the days go past waiting on some movement?

Ive found it hard to stick at keeping active / the gym. With no date to work towards im struggling. Hows the rest of you finding it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Unknowndude

MD4PSNI wrote: »
    Hows everyone keeping?

Noticed the chat has been quiet for a while. I suppose we are all just watching the days go past waiting on some movement?

Ive found it hard to stick at keeping active / the gym. With no date to work towards im struggling. Hows the rest of you finding it?

Hey I hope you're keeping well. Yea it has been very quiet,i think everyone has been trying to keep their minds occupied lol unless they are working their way through the process. Still waiting on word for my PCA at the minute.

I know how you feel about the training,I was doing well for a month or so then fell away there recently. I'm trying to do a bit 2-3 times a week between running,swimming and cycling. Try to just keep yourself ticking over until you get your date. Then once you have tour date you can lift the intensity a bit. That's my plans anyways lol.

Hope we dont have to wait too long before we hear,understand the previous threads now when they complained about the wait. Our time will come.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Tedhastings13

Anyone any idea if September intake is full?

Anyone any idea if September intake is full?

I believe it will be, I’ve heard of a few people having already been contacted to be on standby for it

I believe it will be, I’ve heard of a few people having already been contacted to be on standby for it

Only just got my vetting cleared gutted if I miss out on it, took so long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Unknowndude

Hope you get the call soon,do you know how often they do the intakes?

Hope you get the call soon,do you know how often they do the intakes?

Not a clue

In what range is your merit number?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Toots123

How long did it take for your vetting?

Advertisement