Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clue: A 13 player Murder Mystery game.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Still like it but JD & Coke was my Uni drink where they had dirt cheap promotions all the time of Jim Beam to get us to but it instead of JD so it just never feels special to me (Still happily go there though).

Yakult Green Tea is my usual tipple these days :pac:

I'll have a pint of Lucozade with a glacier of ice and a skip load of scampi fries please, Alfred.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Blech, whiskey and me do not mix. At all :)

I'll just keep tippling away at the champers our host has provided. Expecting the Ferrero Rocher any minute now...seems like a fancy shindig.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'll have a pint of Lucozade with a glacier of ice and a skip load of scampi fries please, Alfred.

Maybe 10 years ago I'd love that before they destroyed Lucozade :(

Scampi fries though... bloody delish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

2PESoLG.jpg

"I've some terribly upsetting news.

When I went into Henry's Office to fetch another bottle of Glenfiddich 30, I.."

".. I found Henry hanging there, from the ceiling fan, going round and round.. and round and round."

Lynch thread is open.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=111107513#post111107513

It's is now day 1. First lynch, if you choose to accept it at 9pm tonight.

Alright 2D has me pocketed, Necro a little too. Love me some Scampi :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Im putting in a No Vote placeholder.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Is there a lynch for tonight?

Alright who is the Glenfiddich drinker? ain't my drink. Whiskey needs an e in it for me, much smoother.

• Advertisement

Is there a lynch though?

If there's one tonight we should discuss the merits...

It does say between allocated lynch times?

Baggly wrote: »

mostly cos I will have to vote in the next hour or so I might be doing the same tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Alright who is the Glenfiddich drinker? ain't my drink. Whiskey needs an e in it for me, much smoother.

Sure but a Glenfiddich 30!

Necro wrote: »
    Is there a lynch though?

If there's one tonight we should discuss the merits...

It does say between allocated lynch times?

sKeith's post above said lynch form open so am assuming this is allocated time. Not sure if lynch tonight or not.

And reading back post, lynch @ 9pm

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

The next poster below me is a wolf.

LOL at this post being last on the page :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I'm also foocked because I'll probably be in bed in about two hours. Hadn't expected a lynch tonight. Might do no-lynch, though I don't usually approve of such a thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,433 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Hey guys

Do we get an option to lynch or not at every lynch?
    Why would not lynch? Surely the longer we don’t lynch the more likely the wolves are to munch our good guys? Or am I missing something?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

sKeith wrote: »

Lynch thread is open.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=111107513#post111107513

It's is now day 1. First lynch, if you choose to accept it at 9pm tonight.

Jaysus... not much time... Clarabel would be the only one I'm suss of right now, other wise it's a no vote for me.

Green&Red wrote: »

This game certainly seems to allow a no lynch every round, personally I don't like doing no lynch, I reckon you always learn more from a bad lynch than no lynch at all.

SK, might have missed this in the OP but is this a game where you can only vote once? No changing

• Advertisement

Hey guys

Why would not lynch? Surely the longer we don’t lynch the more likely the wolves are to munch our good guys? Or am I missing something?

Yeah I'd agree with this. Better to lynch, cause that's 3 people declaring they not voting. There only 13 of us

I hate no lynch tbh. But I also have next to no suspicions other than BH being super pockety at the moment, and Clara being a bit odd. And Clara's always that way, so it's more a village tell for me there atm.

Hey guys

I would think we will have the option every lynch but doubt people would be so likely to use that option when we have had more time to learn who is wolfy. If I vote in the next hour it's essentially aiming at random with what we have to go on.

I hate no lynch tbh. But I also have next to no suspicions other than BH being super pockety at the moment, and Clara being a bit odd. And Clara's always that way, so it's more a village tell for me there atm.

I was acting as if today was day 0, it seems this game has no day 0 however.

I was acting as if today was day 0, it seems this game has no day 0 however.

I also assumed today was Day 0 :(

*puts away his gifs / starts to wonder if Necro is a ho*

Has tusk even posted yet?

Loughc wrote: »
    Jaysus... not much time... Clarabel would be the only one I'm suss of right now, other wise it's a no vote for me.

Why so?

and Clara being a bit odd. And Clara's always that way, so it's more a village tell for me there atm.
    Clarabel wrote: »
    Why so?

Necro summed it up nicely but I don't know you well at all so for me it's not a village tell. But it's not much to go on as I assumed it was Day 0...

Surely no lynch on Day 1 just gives away a mislynch. Wolves get munch in the morning and we have no info for Day 2 lynch. At least with votes we gain info.

• Advertisement

Pfft I hate wasting a village opportunity to get a wolf though. Means they definitively get to pick first.

tenor.gif?itemid=7513935

I think I agree with Ecto above but I don't suspect anyone strong enough this early. Game is only a few hours old and I had thought it was day 0. I'd be voting blind if I pick a player atm

Pfft I hate wasting a village opportunity to get a wolf though.

Then don't :)

This seems like a standard enough set-up, there must be a right answer to the question, SKeith would be the man to ask but...

Any of the rest of you experienced folk know which way is statistically better? I’m happy to go along with it if there is a “right” way to play?

This seems like a standard enough set-up, there must be a right answer to the question, SKeith would be the man to ask but...

Any of the rest of you experienced folk know which way is statistically better? I’m happy to go along with it if there is a “right” way to play?

Well votes give us data.

Everyone just voting No Lynch means we had the initiative to the wolves completely, and may as well ignore tonight entirely.

I'm odd AF.

I try keeping it a secret

I think based on numbers a no lynch on Day 1 is a bad plan. We gift them a kill and gain nothing for it.

We have till 9pm right (well most of us).

No need to rush vote anyone, there's 3.5 hrs to talk things out yet

Necro summed it up nicely but I don't know you well at all so for me it's not a village tell. But it's not much to go on as I assumed it was Day 0...

Ah okay. I'm convinced I have a sense of humour. Mostly it's just odd AF

• Advertisement

In the spirit of FIFA Fair Play, I won't be lynching Babybel.

Out three games in a row would be Cruella de Vil.

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    I think based on numbers a no lynch on Day 1 is a bad plan. We gift them a kill and gain nothing for it.

I agree with this but unless someone starts acting wolfy soon I might still vote no lynch as I don't want to contribute to someones death when I have nothing on them and obviously vote earlier than most.

What info do you think we will get from a blind lynch tonight Ecto?

I think it's easy for a wolf to hide in a no lynch vote. I'll be looking suspiciously there tomorrow

It's not necessarily about that (Also we have a couple of hours yet)

It's about handing the initiative to the wolves while giving ourselves fcuk all to go on.

Voting for No Lynch tonight means we get nada from it.

Just my opinion though

Clarabel wrote: »
    I think it's easy for a wolf to hide in a no lynch vote. I'll be looking suspiciously there tomorrow

If like myself you had to vote in the next 30ish minutes would you have a strong enough suspicion of someone to vote atm?

• Advertisement

A no info blind lynch is more likely to be all over the place and not provide info.

Its also more risky in terms of an RV being killed without notice or a chance to defend themselves.

If we kill a villager by accident tonight then we narrow the pool of people the wolves pick from to find RVs.

Yes we can't hit a wolf if we no Lynch, but we definitely don't hit a villager or RV. We save a number for when we have more info and aren't picking someone to lynch randomly.

It's not necessarily about that (Also we have a couple of hours yet)

It's about handing the initiative to the wolves while giving ourselves fcuk all to go on.

Voting for No Lynch tonight means we get nada from it.

Just my opinion though

So answer the question I asked Ecto. What will we likely get from tonight's lynch, if we avoid a no vote.

If people think there is a good reason to vote for someone, state it.

Don't just neg on no vote on principal. Provide a better target as an alternative.

Ok lemme run the numbers here for a minute

Lynch tonight - No Lynch - 10 v 3

Munch - 9 v 3

Mislynch - 8 v 3

Munch and vig friendly fire - 6 v 3

Mislynch - 5 v 3

Munch - 4 v 3

LYLO

Take out the friendly fire and it buys us an extra lynch but definitively we really only have 3 opportunities to find a wolf.

So... lynching tonight

Mislynch 9 v 3

Munch 8 v 3

Mislynch 7 v 3

Munch 6 v 3

Mislynch 5 v 3

Munch 4 v 3

LYLO

Not lynching tonight I guess gives our vig some wiggle room??

It doesn't so much matter what info we get. The point is that we get MORE info from a lynch than we get from a no lynch. Wolves have to pick a place to vote so it forces some action or thought.

Lynches are the way the village kill wolves but we want to give that up and hand them the kill without having to do anything before it? A no lynch is a cosy wagon to sit on. Lets not make it too easy for them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement