Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clue: A 13 player Murder Mystery game.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Baggly wrote: »
    Im putting in a No Vote placeholder.

mostly cos I will have to vote in the next hour or so I might be doing the same tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Alright who is the Glenfiddich drinker? ain't my drink. Whiskey needs an e in it for me, much smoother.

Sure but a Glenfiddich 30!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Necro wrote: »
    Is there a lynch though?

If there's one tonight we should discuss the merits...

It does say between allocated lynch times?

sKeith's post above said lynch form open so am assuming this is allocated time. Not sure if lynch tonight or not.

And reading back post, lynch @ 9pm

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

The next poster below me is a wolf.

LOL at this post being last on the page :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I'm also foocked because I'll probably be in bed in about two hours. Hadn't expected a lynch tonight. Might do no-lynch, though I don't usually approve of such a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Baggly wrote: »
    Im putting in a No Vote placeholder.

Hey guys

Do we get an option to lynch or not at every lynch?
    Why would not lynch? Surely the longer we don’t lynch the more likely the wolves are to munch our good guys? Or am I missing something?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

sKeith wrote: »

Lynch thread is open.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=111107513#post111107513

It's is now day 1. First lynch, if you choose to accept it at 9pm tonight.

Jaysus... not much time... Clarabel would be the only one I'm suss of right now, other wise it's a no vote for me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Green&Red wrote: »

This game certainly seems to allow a no lynch every round, personally I don't like doing no lynch, I reckon you always learn more from a bad lynch than no lynch at all.

SK, might have missed this in the OP but is this a game where you can only vote once? No changing

• Advertisement

Hey guys

Why would not lynch? Surely the longer we don’t lynch the more likely the wolves are to munch our good guys? Or am I missing something?

Yeah I'd agree with this. Better to lynch, cause that's 3 people declaring they not voting. There only 13 of us

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I hate no lynch tbh. But I also have next to no suspicions other than BH being super pockety at the moment, and Clara being a bit odd. And Clara's always that way, so it's more a village tell for me there atm.

Hey guys

I would think we will have the option every lynch but doubt people would be so likely to use that option when we have had more time to learn who is wolfy. If I vote in the next hour it's essentially aiming at random with what we have to go on.

I hate no lynch tbh. But I also have next to no suspicions other than BH being super pockety at the moment, and Clara being a bit odd. And Clara's always that way, so it's more a village tell for me there atm.

I was acting as if today was day 0, it seems this game has no day 0 however.

I was acting as if today was day 0, it seems this game has no day 0 however.

I also assumed today was Day 0 :(

*puts away his gifs / starts to wonder if Necro is a ho*

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Has tusk even posted yet?

Loughc wrote: »
    Jaysus... not much time... Clarabel would be the only one I'm suss of right now, other wise it's a no vote for me.

Why so?

and Clara being a bit odd. And Clara's always that way, so it's more a village tell for me there atm.
    Clarabel wrote: »
    Why so?

Necro summed it up nicely but I don't know you well at all so for me it's not a village tell. But it's not much to go on as I assumed it was Day 0...

Surely no lynch on Day 1 just gives away a mislynch. Wolves get munch in the morning and we have no info for Day 2 lynch. At least with votes we gain info.

• Advertisement

Pfft I hate wasting a village opportunity to get a wolf though. Means they definitively get to pick first.

tenor.gif?itemid=7513935

I think I agree with Ecto above but I don't suspect anyone strong enough this early. Game is only a few hours old and I had thought it was day 0. I'd be voting blind if I pick a player atm

Pfft I hate wasting a village opportunity to get a wolf though.

Then don't :)

This seems like a standard enough set-up, there must be a right answer to the question, SKeith would be the man to ask but...

Any of the rest of you experienced folk know which way is statistically better? I’m happy to go along with it if there is a “right” way to play?

This seems like a standard enough set-up, there must be a right answer to the question, SKeith would be the man to ask but...

Any of the rest of you experienced folk know which way is statistically better? I’m happy to go along with it if there is a “right” way to play?

Well votes give us data.

Everyone just voting No Lynch means we had the initiative to the wolves completely, and may as well ignore tonight entirely.

I'm odd AF.

I try keeping it a secret

I think based on numbers a no lynch on Day 1 is a bad plan. We gift them a kill and gain nothing for it.

We have till 9pm right (well most of us).

No need to rush vote anyone, there's 3.5 hrs to talk things out yet

Necro summed it up nicely but I don't know you well at all so for me it's not a village tell. But it's not much to go on as I assumed it was Day 0...

Ah okay. I'm convinced I have a sense of humour. Mostly it's just odd AF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

In the spirit of FIFA Fair Play, I won't be lynching Babybel.

Out three games in a row would be Cruella de Vil.

Advertisement