Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

It's got sunnier here recently and most of the cloud's gone. It's now 22.7C, which is one of the warmest days of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

The temperature reached 22.9C, the second highest this month, before a big dark cloud covering half the sky, approached from the west, hiding the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

in for the day and down to stay.. rain... west mayo offshore

:confused:
    sryanbruen wrote: »
    Definitely some excellent sunsets and sunrises this summer (April was my favourite month for them due to the frequent hazy skies) but 13 July and last night's sunsets were the absolute best in my opinion. Volcanic sunsets have amazing colours. I have made a negative fuss about this summer all the way along but sunsets have been a plus generally to me.

Last night over the Malahide Estuary for instance:

iSihOwu.jpg

how do you attach images on a post? I can never do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

:confused:

how do you attach images on a post? I can never do it

You can either use the attach files link in the post,so to see that readers click on the attachment or use an outside site like imgur to host your pics which generates a link that you can copy and paste into your post and boards.ie in that case will display the photo

• Advertisement

Beautiful day here near Arklow ,sun still out feeling warm and great for working in

(Attaching 3 to this ,2 of the sky now and a screen grab of where to attach in the touch version of boards)

And edit apologies photos are sideways,you need to take them in landscape mode

Mortelaro wrote: »
    You can either use the attach files link in the post,so to see that readers click on the attachment or use an outside site like imgur to host your pics which generates a link that you can copy and paste into your post and boards.ie in that case will display the photo

I don't know what imgur is. So the alternative is go "advanced post" and click on attach a photo? Mmmm tried to do that and its looking for a URL.
    Will it not just go to my Photos file or Gallery to attach a photo?
    (sorry for the tech questions)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Grand ol’ day in Dublin up to now. Much cloudier and quite breezy.

Edit: bit brighter now again.

I don't know what imgur is. So the alternative is go "advanced post" and click on attach a photo? Mmmm tried to do that and its looking for a URL.
    Will it not just go to my Photos file or Gallery to attach a photo?
    (sorry for the tech questions)

If you are on your phone,use touch.boards.ie
    Then you'll have what I showed in the third image
    Just pick one from your phone then

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Horrible horrible day in the west...the low dark cloud and heavy drizzle. Turning into a really poor month. August the worst month of the year it seems every year.

Re attaching images - it is a shame boards don't make this easier to do. One should just be able to attach an image from your gallery. Maybe something for the mods to push for.

Hopefully there are better days ahead though MT's forecast isn't great.

• Advertisement

In full site mode,dont use the insert url box at all
    Just tap on the choose file above that(from your phone) and when you've picked one ,tap on upload to the right

See my screenshot (though I've zoomed in so you cant see the upload tab)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

12mm of Rain today and counting FFS.

So dark this evening too!

Just one sunny warm week would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Quick table showing No. of days with temps greater than temps referred to in table at all of the reporting Met Eireann stations.

KQTMXaO.png

I'll try to do a more in-depth report of this summer at the end of month.

Interesting stats. Phoenix park and Carlow very impressive with over 40 days this summer over 20 degrees. Where is mount Dillon, is that in the midlands?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭pauldry

Mount dillons a desert.

Seriously though 6 warm days out west.

Will Ireland be the last place on earth to bake.
    Id be reckoning so.

pauldry wrote: »
    Mount dillons a desert.

Seriously though 6 warm days out west.

Will Ireland be the last place on earth to bake.
    Id be reckoning so.

No you are forgetting Scotland. Been there literally dozens of times and I never saw the sun. It literally never stops raining there

• Registered Users Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Interesting stats. Phoenix park and Carlow very impressive with over 40 days this summer over 20 degrees. Where is mount Dillon, is that in the midlands?

Roscommon.

Quite wet now in Arklow
    Gone dark with it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Rain has arrived in Kildare now. Breeze picking up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Storm 10

More heavy rain approaching Galway now had a brief respite for about an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Yet another depressing write off of a day in Letterkenny.

• Advertisement

Dry here in Dublin 5 and quite pleasant but cloud seems to be building. No rain at all that I can think of over the past week or so. Garden could do with a shower or two

Dry here in Dublin 5 and quite pleasant but cloud seems to be building. No rain at all that I can think of over the past week or so. Garden could do with a shower or two

It rained last Friday, Thursday, Wednesday and Tuesday in Dublin, and every single day in the week before that...

Looking at the stats on met.ie linked earlier, the east coast has around 180-190 wet days a year, the west around 200-230 so not that different really. I suspect the main difference is those of us in the west get to enjoy a lot more days like today where there's constant drizzle and mist all day

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Dry breezy and cloudy in meath today, very disappointing after the weekends weather

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dry breezy and cloudy in meath today, very disappointing after the weekends weather

We got no good weather and today has been a washout
    Count your blessings :D

It rained last Friday, Thursday, Wednesday and Tuesday in Dublin, and every single day in the week before that...

Looking at the stats on met.ie linked earlier, the east coast has around 180-190 wet days a year, the west around 200-230 so not that different really. I suspect the main difference is those of us in the west get to enjoy a lot more days like today where there's constant drizzle and mist all day

I certainly don’t recall rain last Friday, i was in the park with the kids and we certainly didn’t see any. Perhaps earlier in the week it did but the last 4-5 days have been lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

It can vary a lot in Dublin . I was caught in a biblical deluge in Lucan last week
    Arrived home about 10 miles away to bone dry washing and not a drip of rain there . No rain here on Friday as far as remember either

That is counting days where less than 1mm falls which is pointless. If you applied that against most cities they would show the same. A wet day is more than a few mms. Sure it could drizzle for 10 minutes and have sun for 10 hours and that would count as a wet day!

Mortelaro wrote: »
    In full site mode,dont use the insert url box at all
    Just tap on the choose file above that(from your phone) and when you've picked one ,tap on upload to the right

See my screenshot (though I've zoomed in so you cant see the upload tab)

That is counting days where less than 1mm falls which is pointless. If you applied that against most cities they would show the same. A wet day is more than a few mms. Sure it could drizzle for 10 minutes and have sun for 10 hours and that would count as a wet day!

In most countries I'd agree with that but not Ireland where a large proportion of our rain is light drizzle. Hours of that misty crap can amount to only 1 or 2mm yet still makes it unpleasant to do anything outdoors.

A better comparison would be hours with rain recorded, I suspect Dublin's rain is typically heavier and comes in shorter bursts than the west. Think I downloaded a load of hourly records a couple of years back, might try and run a query against it some time when I'm bored!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭pauldry

After one of our wettest Marches on record in Sligo with 190mm earlier this year August could also be near record breaking. Rain gauge at 160mm now for the month. Could be near 200mm by month end if Fridays wave depression transpires.

More fully wet days in August than all of 2019 before it.
    What is the wettest August on record in the Northwest?

1985? 1986? 1998? 2007? 2012?....none of these?

Advertisement