Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia e-Soul

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

JohnC. wrote: »
    Old diesel wrote: »
    Thank you - I thought the Soul might come with two battery options.

Didn't realise it was only coming with the larger battery

It has 64 or 39.2, according to the Kia website.

From €31,995

The Kia website has been a bit of a mess with info coming and going and Kias handling so far of getting information to the buyers has been a shambles frankly.

I suspect reading between the lines that the 39 kwh is a model available on paper but most of the cars will be 64 kwh.

So the people Eddie Cunningham were talking to are talking of 64 kwh as they don't want to push a 32 k euros version they can't get.

So are telling Eddie and others (someone on Niro thread was told similar) that the 64 kwh is coming with no mention of 32 k euros 39 kwh.

The dealer can always opt to tell customers about a 39 kwh if there is one literally in stock at some point.

What's far more awkward is telling customers they can get a 32 k Soul with 39 kwh and then having to say later "actually we cant get you one of those".

Nissan rightly get slated for no active cooling and no CCS - but I have to say that at least you can actually walk into a Nissan dealer and buy a Leaf like normal without some of the nonsense you have to indulge with with the Koreans when it comes to buying an EV.

General feeling I get is that Kia and Hyundai are geared up to sell Sportage and Tucsons by the lorry load.

EVs are a bit niche for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭McGiver

The website is still a mess.
    K2 shows as 35,995 and K3 37,495. That just can't be right.
    And the configurator doesn't work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

McGiver wrote: »
    The website is still a mess.
    K2 shows as 35,995 and K3 37,495. That just can't be right.
    And the configurator doesn't work for me.
    Agree on the site... Configurator doesn't work for any model on Windows, Linux or Android.
    On the prices; were you expecting lower? Or higher?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Well Kia Liffey Valley have the K3 64 kwh as a 192 up for 37,895 on the Cars Ireland site.

Old diesel wrote:
    Well Kia Liffey Valley have the K3 64 kwh as a 192 up for 37,895 on the Cars Ireland site.
    Yet the website says 192 is sold out, orders open for 2020. Messy.

• Advertisement

Agree on the site... Configurator doesn't work for any model on Windows, Linux or Android. On the prices; were you expecting lower? Or higher?
    Definitely lower, and also much bigger difference between K2 and K3, with the only 1500 difference K2 makes zetor sense. Also the price is the same as Niro and Kona.

Are both K2 and K3 64 kW, just different trims? My understanding was that K2 was the smaller battery option.

Agree on the site... Configurator doesn't work for any model on Windows, Linux or Android. On the prices; were you expecting lower? Or higher?

Lower, abs tÄ› difference between k2 and k3 is too low, k2 makes zero sense. Is the k2 the smaller battery version or just lower trim of the the larger battery option?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bluesteely

K2 and K3 are both equipped with the long range battery, so €35,995 and €37,495 for those, while the €31,995 refers to the mid range battery option for the K2.

I'm told that the prices include the grant and VRT rebate.

Seems to be a caching issue with the website with regards to the price and configurator.

The "192 sold out" just means that because of the shortage of batteries that Hyundai/Kia Motor Group are experiencing, there are only a limited number available and all have been allocated to dealers. So a dealer will more than likely have one registered to allow people to test drive, but the bulk of Kia's EV sales will be for Jan 2020.

Kia configurator seems to be back for the soul. Still no documents available in the download section for the soul

Interesting... The soul docs appear if you go through the niro config and the niro docs appear if you go through the soul config :)
    Either way both result in a "network fail" message when you try download

Also interesting to see that the k3 soul and niro 64kWh are exactly the same price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Interesting... The soul docs appear if you go through the niro config and the niro docs appear if you go through the soul config :)
    Either way both result in a "network fail" message when you try download

Also interesting to see that the k3 soul and niro 64kWh are exactly the same price

...But the Soul has a better spec. HUD, front parking sensors, blind spot assist, better infotainment, maybe heated rear seats too... not sure on that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

...But the Soul has a better spec. HUD, front parking sensors, blind spot assist, better infotainment, maybe heated rear seats too... not sure on that one.

But is a car designed when you 70 pushing 80 year old :P:P:P:P

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Ah now, to be fair. Hairdressers would probably like them. :D

Am I putting myself, middle aged techie, in the same demographic as hairdresser pensioners? :P
    Probably :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Shefwedfan wrote: »

So ? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

0lddog wrote: »
    So ? :rolleyes:

:p might have given it away.....it was a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 13,991 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Am I putting myself, middle aged techie, in the same demographic as hairdresser pensioners? :P
    Probably :)

or maybe techie pensioner ;)

Yes but I expected it to be cheaper anyway. 38k is disappointing.

I've got a whisper of a e-Soul available for immediate delivery. Red with black roof.

PM if you would like to know where.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,591 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

There is a nice review of this car in the latest issue of What Car.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Luckylow10

Spoke to dealership today in Dublin and was advised they are getting in 3 in August. Doesn’t know what colour they will be (only white blue and black available). Also told that e Niro all sold and won’t be anymore orders till next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭noelf

This is in Kia Navan today ..

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

Interesting that Kia Gowan Motors are advertising their K3 Soul on carzone for 41,550

Presumably they are in effect just gouging this extra price based upon low supply?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,591 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I see my local Kia dealer has one in white. I must go have a look at it when I get a chance.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Mechatronical

I specd a basic long range K2 for 36,594, it dosent mention if this includes the SEAI grants.

Am I right in assuming the price is including all grants?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,837 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Kia say they’ve got a limited number of these back in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

I presume there is only 1 trim for the new kia soul ev for Ireland just as the Hyundai kona premium & high spec premium se only for uk market.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭icom

JohnC. wrote: »
    Kia say they’ve got a limited number of these back in stock.

Just received an e-mail from KIA saying they have a limited number of e-Soul models available in dealer stock now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Round Cable

icom wrote: »
    Just received an e-mail from KIA saying they have a limited number of e-Soul models available in dealer stock now.

I saw a full transporter of them going over the N7 at Kingswood last Tuesday, so they must have got another shipment in alright.

Advertisement