Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,257 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

pinkyeye wrote: »
    You asked what MY definition was??

Now because I liked a previous post that has to be MY definition??

Seriously what are you on about?

And who monitors likes? :D

I think she is being "crypto facist" now. Its a full blown argument with herself. Full of random turns in the convo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

You need to go back and read MY definition again Kimsang.

I specifically mention "groups" of people. That would include people who share a religion. What's confusing you??

I don't think you're taking enough time to read stuff before getting outraged. :rolleyes:

What's confusing is your use of the word racism. Do you just decide yourself subjectively what it means? Are you happy with other people having other definitions than yours? Does racism mean something different to different people?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

pjohnson wrote: »
    I think she is being "crypto facist" now. Its a full blown argument with herself. Full of random turns in the convo.

I'll admit it, I've no idea what a "crypto facist" is. :D

I'll admit it, I've no idea what a "crypto facist" is. :D

By your definition if you hate Nazis, that makes you a racist. Do you hate Nazis?

Kimsang wrote: »
    By your definition if you hate Nazis, that makes you a racist. Do you hate Nazis?

Jaysus this is great craic altogether.

• Advertisement

Because your question is loaded.
    It assumes this guy Justin is going to get into power.
    It assumes Justin wants to expel all non ethnic irish.

So I'm not sure if these two are true.
    Could you in future ask less loaded questions like the ones I pose please? They are far more efficient at advancing a conversation, as they don't lead in the future to "Gotcha!" moments.

But let's suppose they are true. I would go to the UK or Thailand.

The Japanese people believe that anyone who is not ethnically Japanese cannot be considered Japanese, similar to most countries in the world that are not Western. You could move there and have generations of children, and they would not be considered Japanese.
    If this were true, would it be enough for you to call the Japan racist?

Because that's the bar many seem to have set for Stephen.

Actually if you pay attention he does. Getting into power less chance but that's just due to the fact that the majority of the population see him and the likes of Gemma for what they are.

I recognise at least two of her supporters in the pictures shared on here from when I did security, and believe me they wouldn't give a crap about you agreeing with them or their right to protest they would happily kick your head off for who you are, or at least claim to be.

Have you ever been to Japan?

I have for work and loved it, very hospitable people, a cousin of mine also emigrated there in the 80s and came back to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

That got out of hand quickly.

cookie1977 wrote: »
    That got out of hand quickly.

Oh you dislike hands now? You are a racist so.

I genuinely don't hate anyone who hasn't done harm to me or mine.

I may hate their ideologies but no, I don't hate them as individuals, mainly because I don't know them, especially in the case of Nazis. I've genuinely never met one in the flesh.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Jaysus this is great craic altogether.

There you go shifting the focus from an important subject again without offering any insight.
    My definition of racism is a hatred or bias against an individual who belongs to a certain group of people purely based on the fact that they belong to that group with no other reason. It's fairly simple.

By pinkeye's definition of racism, if one hates Hitler because he's a nazi, that makes you a racist(since nazis are an ideological group of people). Do you disagree with this? Or are you a racist by this definition as well? I certainly am.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

I genuinely don't hate anyone who hasn't done harm to me or mine.

I may hate their ideologies but no, I don't hate them as individuals, mainly because I don't know them, especially in the case of Nazis. I've genuinely never met one in the flesh.

I have the exact same feeling about Muslims. I don't hate Muslims but I hate their ideology of Islam.

There you go shifting the focus from an important subject again without offering any insight.

By pinkeye's definition of racism, if one hates Hitler because he's a nazi, that makes you a racist(since nazis are an ideological group of people). Do you disagree with this? Or are you a racist by this definition as well? I certainly am.

How does one hate Hitler?? He's dead and I'm fairly sure none of us ever met him. :rolleyes:

Dont be ridiculous. If you want to pull the topic wildly off course then fire away. The way back when machine will house the thread for a lifetime so generation scan review it and try to figure out what was gone on.

Stephen15 wrote: »
    I have the exact same feeling about Muslims. I don't hate Muslims but I hate their ideology of Islam.

There's quite a difference between Nazis and Islam now Stephen, lets not try and pretend they're the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

There's quite a difference between Nazis and Islam now Stephen, lets not try and pretend they're the same thing.

well, they both have a common enemy and what their book says vs the practical implementation of control has a lot of similarities.

You've used so many focuses its hard to keep up.

Now Kim if you think that 2+2 = 4 does that mean that your pets will be racist?

They are both ideologies, and within the confines of this argument, the exact same ****ing thing.

I would actually say that Islam has much in common with ideologies like Communism and Fascism. Islam may be dressed up as a religion but really it is a totalitarian ideology like Fascism and Communism. Whether it has a lot in common with the Nazi Party of Germany or is a different story altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭Odhinn

No, the ones that believe i(.............) Heinrich Böll

The fact that you can' t revert to specific posts is rather worrying.

They are both ideologies, and within the confines of this argument, the exact same ****ing thing.

The only thing is that you are aligning with people who have attended nazi meetings and pretty much have similar attitudes.

I don't tend to waste my time arguing for stuff I don't believe in or agree with because

A. I don't believe in it as I see such people and their followers as dicks

B. I've a life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,928 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Stephen15 wrote: »
    That's why being anti immigration is actually a left wing position. Unfortunately the traditional left and the unions have abandoned the working class. Foreign staff are members of their inept union so they're hardly going to offend a fair chunk of their members are they and the unions main goal is getting subs in not looking out for workers right, pay + conditions etc.

Nah - anti racism is a left wing position - Unions do not pit worker against worker based on their skin colour, nationality or religion. And rightfully so cause it's a scummy thing to do.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

There are a number of ideologies within Islam, within Sunni Islam and Shia Islam.

Odhinn wrote: »
    There are a number of ideologies within Islam, within Sunni Islam and Shia Islam.
    Ah now dont you know we're all about the grand sweeping "catch em all" statements here!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Odhinn wrote: »

which one of them isnt openly anti-semetic and anti-western. Which one doesn't force women to cover up and believe homosexuality should be illegal ?

What the fcuk is this thread even about anymore?

I havent a clue but I think it might be something to do with crypto fascist wokeists? :confused::confused::confused:

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

I havent a clue but I think it might be something to do with crypto fascist wokeists? :confused::confused::confused:

Bitcoin?

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Bitcoin?

Is that for the parasites? or the crytpto fascist wokeists?

Terry Pratchet

which one of them isnt openly anti-semetic and anti-western. Which one doesn't force women to cover up and believe homosexuality should be illegal ?

There are various degrees and attitudes regards womens dress - from the burkha to the hijab. Those who are "anti western" are a wide grouping from Sunni to Shia.

Being anti-homosexual is common to far more than just Islam. Generally its dragged up to blame Islam for some attitude thats equally prevalent in christian states.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Is that for the parasites? or the crytpto fascist wokeists?

We are taking down the banks man. Join us

• Advertisement

Nah - anti racism is a left wing position - Unions do not pit worker against worker based on their skin colour, nationality or religion. And rightfully so cause it's a scummy thing to do.

Your the one obsessed with skin colour. But seriously do you seriously think workers want to be undercut by cheaper labour regardless of skin colour, religion or nationality?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement