Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Winter Is Here - Game of Thrones II Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Morning. Not a convert Necro - at least not yet anyway - but fair enough to accuse me. Me picking Drumpot was a shocking bad decision.

Reading back this morning though Im not feeling good about you or sKeith at all, especially the fact that sKeith is trying to paint your prize as an ability to dodge death when you explicitly stated that it wasn't that AND used the delay in announcing Ted's character by auto priest to 'prove' that.

I really hope I'm wrong and it's just my paranoia kicking in but I'm having flashbacks of evils having happy overnight chats on thread. :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Actually that’s flawed thinking. No reason the second convert can’t come from the non-OP claimants. Will review again when I get to work.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

resfing back, I’m more than happy to go after Mick as priority one today. His story of having an innate power when literally no one else has seems a massive issue with his story.

Flagged Trit last night as someone I had issues with too, so again, more than happy to go with him as a baddy as well. His whole “”TSC is Jorah but non housed, wait he’s housed but not Jorah, me so confused” stuff last night was weird.
    Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Morning. Not a convert Necro - at least not yet anyway - but fair enough to accuse me. Me picking Drumpot was a shocking bad decision.

Reading back this morning though Im not feeling good about you or sKeith at all, especially the fact that sKeith is trying to paint your prize as an ability to dodge death when you explicitly stated that it wasn't that AND used the delay in announcing Ted's character by auto priest to 'prove' that.

I really hope I'm wrong and it's just my paranoia kicking in but I'm having flashbacks of evils having happy overnight chats on thread. :(

My worry is that the story of Bronn being able to hard avoid a death, or rescue an other, is being painted somewhat retroactively, and not by Necro himself either. It’s nearly coming across as trying to fix a plot hole in Necro’s powers, cause I believe he was quite adamant to start off with it wasn’t character related and was proof not all powers were. Now there’s backtracking, trying hard to rewrite the narrative.

I’ve a very quiet day today so plan on getting a lot more involved. Mick seems self resolving so I wanna start with a deeper look at Trit, since I realized how poor his play seemed pre my FFA yesterday.

Would also love to spray wrapping my head round Skunk (who looked to be trying to draw a kill for some reason) and 2D who I have no reads on cause I’m so inexperienced with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭tritium

Necro wrote: »
    No if Ecto's evil she's locked as a convert, I don't want to lynch her.

I think QB is still pure too, I'm just reading back before the lynch.

It's AWFULLY convenient that trit refuses to claim his role then Mick comes ploughing in with one of the only non-revealed roles left in the game.

I think both are lock evil tbh

Necro, no offense but this is just dumb. There’s two roles left, peek or no peek mj could probably work it out and it doesn’t look particularly impressive as a feat of seeing. On the other hand I already pointed out that I wanted to keep some stuff vague to give us the best chance with the prize. Again, with only a few roles left at the point I wasn’t exactly hiding amidst the masses

quickbeam wrote: »
    Gonna play devil's advocate here, because I don't know if you can trust me after 10am.

H2D's claim worries me. She only starting hinting about it, after I'd already mentioned I was linked to Catelyn,

Monday, 8:54, so pre any conversions:
    Not the Starts. But Catelyn.

Monday, 10:47, was this in reference to my post mentioning her character?
    Just catching up on the last ten pages. One in particular stood out as really key.

Then, Monday, 12:28, the first reference to Cat:
    I was a heartbroken Cat yesterday on top of being bamboozled with this game. My heart is aching less today so I shall endeavour to keep responding and talk sense (*Gulp*). The bloody sun being out won't help.

Without wanting to get in to too much specifics of my PM, it mentions my oath to Catelyn, so I'd assumed I was linked to her (and her being a character in the game). It is ambiguous enough to read that she's not actually in the game though. It's only something that I'm seeing now as I re-read with this in mind. It had seemed clear that she was in the game on first reading.

It also could solve the anomaly of me being the only non-OP character linked to another non-OP character.

I mean, H2D might even be completely truthful, but Cat is the RH? Canon-wise that doesn't make much sense from my memory of reading the books though.

Wrong. My first hint towards who I am came before this.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    My worry is that the story of Bronn being able to hard avoid a death, or rescue an other, is being painted somewhat retroactively, and not by Necro himself either. It’s nearly coming across as trying to fix a plot hole in Necro’s powers, cause I believe he was quite adamant to start off with it wasn’t character related and was proof not all powers were. Now there’s backtracking, trying hard to rewrite the narrative.

Yep. This is exactly my worry. Is this a way to shore up the Bronn identity?

This happens less than 20 bloody mins before the lynch when the conversation was starting to shift towards the pack of unclaimed.

Villager trit doesn't do this around lynch time. Villager trit has this conversation a few hours before, or even just waits until post lynch.

And the stuff he leaves out, this breadcrumbing... good God.

QB straight in and I completely agree with her.

Like this is all just breadcrumbing, what's the end game here trit? How is this helping us solve who to lynch?

I was skimming at this point in real time cos I had a litany of calls on the board at work (70 calls waiting, I'm exhausted this evening)

I saw this part and misinterpreted it as QB accusing me of lying. I see I was wrong here.

There's nothing here, this is just misdirection. trit REALLY doesn't want us lynching into the unclaimed pile for some reason.

And then....

So now trit is outed as Jaime, after refusing to give any info in the run up to the lynch.

And outed by a character....

Not in the OP
    Conveniently not claimed
    And has a power to peek someone, more power than any of the other named characters have starting off
    And he conveniently peeked one of the only two other players in the game who had not revealed.

Okkkkkk then....

Use you brain here Necro instead of tunneling

I claimed a role because we were shifting to the unclaimed. We had a shot at a guaranteed wolf and QB was nudging is away from that on the basis of nonsense, and like village always seems to do everyone was just sheeping along to it. As a result we killed 4 village last night - ****ing spectacular! Possibly the biggest ****show yet for a boards village. That’s not on me, that’s on clowns who took a simple plan to kill where there was a certain wolf and frankly shat on it and are now tunneling me as a wolf instead of facing up to how well they screwed up last night. I told you all agree the kills and you all just wafted along-great job

This was my first hint.
    Can anyone tell your newbie if there's a Boards app for android?

Also QB, your allegiance is to Catelyn and as already mentioned, there's a difference between Catelyn and Lady Stoneheart.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yep. This is exactly my worry. Is this a way to shore up the Bronn identity?

My other worry is how....why does it feel all theories being floated have avoided the top post counts? Are the wolves all playing low post count, highly passive games? If so, would a conversion into the highest posters not have made sense at some point, to balance things out and help “guide” the village?

Can someone read back on yesterday evening. Where was Ecto saying we should lynch? It was confusing but I think it was in those who had not claimed. If so that would actually be a really good look for her.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

This concerns me equally Ecto, the first thing you discuss is my Bronn stuff and the revive rather than actually addressing what was discussed last night?

I see lord has done similar but at least he references the Mick stuff and gives an opinion on it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Jesus that 9pm..... what were you all thinking. Idiots. Why on earth was Drumpot targeted..... he should not have been in the picture for a kill. Like why..... there were so many better targets..... Like Mick. High on the FFA, low poster, has played waaaaay differently this game...... we are killing ourselves.

Necro, Skeith and Stus chats at night are great, Micks literally all over the shop and caught out big time.

If we do believe Trit and him are in cohoots, and Trits actually the NK, should we not kill Trit first?

That said Im not convinved Trit is bad. Id prefer catch a mick, kill a Mick.

Death to Mick I say

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

tritium wrote: »
    Use you brain here Necro instead of tunneling

I claimed a role because we were shifting to the unclaimed. We had a shot at a guaranteed wolf and QB was nudging is away from that on the basis of nonsense, and like village always seems to do everyone was just sheeping along to it. As a result we killed 4 village last night - ****ing spectacular! Possibly the biggest ****show yet for a boards village. That’s not on me, that’s on clowns who took a simple plan to kill where there was a certain wolf and frankly shat on it and are now tunneling me as a wolf instead of facing up to how well they screwed up last night. I told you all agree the kills and you all just wafted along-great job

Trit all this stuff doesn't matter a sh1te if Mick is the Night King.

You're either a convert and will likely die or you're telling the truth.

I want the Night King and Mick is our best tangible shot at that currently.

Like think about it, he reveals that if hes converted something terrible happens to the village, even though hes not in the OP so no one has a bloody clue he exists.

Mick dies today, that's all that matters right now

Can someone read back on yesterday evening. Where was Ecto saying we should lynch? It was confusing but I think it was in those who had not claimed. If so that would actually be a really good look for her.

My plan was lynch in the unclaimed, shoot into the claimed but not named in OP. You seemed to be deliberately misinterpreting me which was why my suspicion of you got to the point where I considered killing you.

This concerns me equally Ecto, the first thing you discuss is my Bronn stuff and the revive rather than actually addressing what was discussed last night?

I see lord has done similar but at least he references the Mick stuff and gives an opinion on it

That's bull Necro...this WAS discussed last night and it's what was troubling me from that discussion.
    If you are on the level then why not actually address this point rather than use it as a stick to beat me with?

The rest of what was discussed is fine. What is there to discuss? We lynch Mick and he's NK, brilliant. We lynch Mick and he is a convert good but not as great. We lynch Mick and he's actually Bran and we are really fubar.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Jesus that 9pm..... what were you all thinking. Idiots. Why on earth was Drumpot targeted..... he should not have been in the picture for a kill. Like why..... there were so many better targets..... Like Mick. High on the FFA, low poster, has played waaaaay differently this game...... we are killing ourselves.

Necro, Skeith and Stus chats at night are great, Micks literally all over the shop and caught out big time.

If we do believe Trit and him are in cohoots, and Trits actually the NK, should we not kill Trit first?

That said Im not convinved Trit is bad. Id prefer catch a mick, kill a Mick.

Death to Mick I say

Have you had an overnight epiphany?

You voted to lynch me.

Trit all this stuff doesn't matter a sh1te if Mick is the Night King.

You're either a convert and will likely die or you're telling the truth.

I want the Night King and Mick is our best tangible shot at that currently.

Like think about it, he reveals that if hes converted something terrible happens to the village, even though hes not in the OP so no one has a bloody clue he exists.

Mick dies today, that's all that matters right now

Mick is simple- if he’s bran he’ll be converted this morning and that can’t be stopped. He says that’s bad so we have to kill him. If he isn’t bran he’s bad so we have to kill him

Either way the outcome is the same

That's bull Necro...this WAS discussed last night and it's what was troubling me from that discussion.
    If you are on the level then why not actually address this point rather than use it as a stick to beat me with?

The rest of what was discussed is fine. What is there to discuss? We lynch Mick and he's NK, brilliant. We lynch Mick and he is a convert good but not as great. We lynch Mick and he's actually Bran and we are really fubar.

Are you actually believing Mick? It screams of half baked bollox

Have you had an overnight epiphany?

You voted to lynch me.

Nope, Mick has just become the clear front runner.

Is that not clear?

My plan was lynch in the unclaimed, shoot into the claimed but not named in OP. You seemed to be deliberately misinterpreting me which was why my suspicion of you got to the point where I considered killing you.

You seemed to be deliberately confusing, so maybe there was a pair of us in it. But above I was giving you benefit of the doubt as drive in to work reminded me that I *thought* your stance was as you state above and this would have me lean village on you.

I would like a 3rd party (not Mick or Trit) to confirm my reading that this is what you were saying though.

• Advertisement

You seem to think I'm doing the painting though.

I've been consistent in what I've said all along my prize was

A reversal of any kill bar the munch.

Let's get things straight though, I dont want to lynch you because IF you're evil you're a convert

And I want the Night King

tritium wrote: »
    Mick is simple- if he’s bran he’ll be converted this morning and that can’t be stopped. He says that’s bad so we have to kill him. If he isn’t bran he’s bad so we have to kill him

Either way the outcome is the same

But why would he reveal this somehow village devastating power if he's converted when hes not even listed in the OP

Hes not Bran, hes the Night King backed into a corner because there were no roles to claim

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Are you actually believing Mick? It screams of half baked bollox

No I think it is bull but I've been in games before where something that couldn't possibly be true...turned out to be true.

No I think it is bull but I've been in games before where something that couldn't possibly be true...turned out to be true.

I can relate

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

You seemed to be deliberately confusing, so maybe there was a pair of us in it. But above I was giving you benefit of the doubt as drive in to work reminded me that I *thought* your stance was as you state above and this would have me lean village on you.

I would like a 3rd party (not Mick or Trit) to confirm my reading that this is what you were saying though.

when i showed up yesterday evening. I found you both talking the same things but getting annoyed at each other's way of articulating it.

I have you leaning both village for now - until i read back over everything I missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

But why would he reveal this somehow village devastating power if he's converted when hes not even listed in the OP

Hes not Bran, hes the Night King backed into a corner because there were no roles to claim

This is the killing blow here really.

He was grasping, by picking a (legitimately reasonable) character. But he screwed it by saying he had a village devastating power if he was converted.

Why would anyone come out with that information when they could just say they are bran and leave it at that?

Makes zero sense in terms of village-positive play.

Right but

There are no assigned roles outside of the Night King's faction

Prizes were won via the #courtjester comp on day 0

Mick is contradicting both of these as he didn't enter the comp and apparently has a day 0 peek

Then he has to reveal to the thread that IF he gets converted it's bad for the village even though he's not even a listed character

You seem to think I'm doing the painting though.

I've been consistent in what I've said all along my prize was

A reversal of any kill bar the munch.

Let's get things straight though, I dont want to lynch you because IF you're evil you're a convert

And I want the Night King

Well, I'm not evil yet anyway.

Right but

Mick is contradicting both of these as he didn't enter the comp and apparently has a day 0 peek

Then he has to reveal to the thread that IF he gets converted it's bad for the village even though he's not even a listed character

I know...but I'd like you to remember the goldrush ;):p

• Advertisement

Right but

He is caught out in his lies, simples

Advertisement