Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My €100m BEAM scheme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭memorystick

I'm assuming if you cut numbers, it also applies to B and B cattle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

In the event BEAM is oversubscribed, payment rates may be subject to minor revision.

I wonder if it is undersubscribed will there be a revision upwards? Or what would happen to the balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

My reference for 2018 is 1269kg nitrogen.
    My reduction target is 1205kg.

Currently I have 32 animals which add up to 1482kg.

Fair bit of calculation to get right levels for €540 and I wonder will they charge some hidden fee like they normally do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,151 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Here is a link to DAFM website for T&C's etc.

The BEAM application is found in the Exceptional Aid Measure tab (6th one down) when you log into your Agfood account.
    https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/farmerschemespayments/beam/

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

My reference for 2018 is 1269kg nitrogen.
    My reduction target is 1205kg.

Currently I have 32 animals which add up to 1482kg.

Fair bit of calculation to get right levels for €540 and I wonder will they charge some hidden fee like they normally do.

How did you find out your reference figures as matter on interest? Did you do it yourself or did you see it online? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭White Clover

Sugarbowl wrote: »
    How did you find out your reference figures as matter on interest? Did you do it yourself or did you see it online? Thanks

If you go onto agfood and click into exceptional aid measures, all the details are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

If you start the application on agfood , it shows it and I used the help sheet to calculate what I currently have.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭josephsoap

How many KG for a 6 month old calf ?

Any idea when payment due to issue ?

What happens if you fail to meet the 5% and actually increase numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭tanko

[QUOTE=joseph
    soap;111017906]How many KG for a 6 month old calf ?

Any idea when payment due to issue ?[/QUOTE]

Dairy cow 85kgs
    Suckler cow 65kgs
    Cattle > 2yrs 65kgs
    Cattle 1-2 yrs 57kgs
    Cattle 0-1 yrs 24kgs

• Advertisement

tanko wrote: »
    Dairy cow 85kgs
    Suckler cow 65kgs
    Cattle > 2yrs 65kgs
    Cattle 1-2 yrs 57kgs
    Cattle 0-1 yrs 24kgs

Thanks Tanko, so if you sell a calf / weanling at either 6 months or 9 nine months he is still classed as 24KG?

In the nitrates examples Farm 1 it states, farmer could sell 5 calves at 6 months rather that 12 months and states that is a 48 KG reduction. Is that correct, 9.6 kg at 6 months old?

josephsoap wrote: »
    Thanks Tanko, so if you sell a calf / weanling at either 6 months or 9 nine months he is still classed as 24KG?

Looks like that but isn't it averaged over the 12 months so the longer you keep him the more kgs he contributes.
    Selling cattle earlier than normal helps to qualify i think.
    I've only had a quick look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

What happens if you fail to meet the 5% and actually increase numbers?

You would loose what you got. Probably off your bfp in 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

I could be wrong but do people this this scheme will mean a lot of farmers selling cattle next August / September to try and reduce their over all Kgs of nitrogen for the year.
    I don't think I will be applying for it as I like the ability to be be able buy and see cattle when it suits me, I am missing out on a lot of it anyway as I killed cattle in June - August this last few years, so I think I will take my beating as it is and try to make it up in other ways.

Anto_Meath wrote: »
    I could be wrong but do people this this scheme will mean a lot of farmers selling cattle next August / September to try and reduce their over all Kgs of nitrogen for the year.
    I don't think I will be applying for it as I like the ability to be be able buy and see cattle when it suits me, I am missing out on a lot of it anyway as I killed cattle in June - August this last few years, so I think I will take my beating as it is and try to make it up in other ways.

Yeah I’d say what we will do here is try and fatten the grass cattle earlier next year (maybe a month earlier) and buy in a bit later. We’ll still have the same numbers going through the farm. We are getting max payment here so too much to miss out on. A lot of lads will probably think like you and ask is it worth it.

I sold four cows in the mart which were killed shortly after.
    Am I right in saying i get nothing and the lads that got them killed get €400?

It looks like cows are eligible.
    I've been told that if a dealer or factory agent bought them and they were killed within 30 days (mine were) that i'll get the €100 on them.
    Is this correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

Cavanjack wrote: »
    Yeah I’d say what we will do here is try and fatten the grass cattle earlier next year (maybe a month earlier) and buy in a bit later. We’ll still have the same numbers going through the farm. We are getting max payment here so too much to miss out on. A lot of lads will probably think like you and ask is it worth it.

O yes anyone who would could getting a few thousand would be foolish to miss it. Can you draw the maximum for the suckler cows (40 X €40) and the maximum for the slaughter (100 X €100) therefore overall payment would be €11,600?
    I do have a feeling that like any subsidy it will have unintentional effects on the market. Remember years ago there was a old neighbor of ours who would bring his cattle to near beef but wouldn't draw down the 22 month subsidy as he said you got paid that in the mart the day you sold without any form filling. His nephew is now complaining that the single farm payment on the bit of land is poor, but he used to do very well with his cattle when selling them some times I think he even got more than he would have got in the envelope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

Having done the carbon navigator in the KT programme there are other factors ie turnout date , fertilizer and concentrate usage. slurry spreading dates and method and outwintering among others . It must be possible to adapt these to make the 5% reduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,151 ✭✭✭✭Base price

It looks like cows are eligible.
    I've been told that if a dealer or factory agent bought them and they were killed within 30 days (mine were) that i'll get the €100 on them.
    Is this correct?
    Yep according to point 9.2 of the t&c's.

• Advertisement

https://www.teagasc.ie/media/website/publications/2019/Bord-Bia-Beef-Carbon-Navigator-LR4.pdf

I would assume that the dept will encourage farmers to use measures listed in the link to achieve the 5% reduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

is applying for this kinda putting a cap on any future reference number you may have? If the reference period is not starting till next June 2020, that leads you into summer 2021 to have the reduction made. Then in the t & c you must apply for a sfp each year up to that. Does that mean from 2022 onwards we will have a new cap and 2021 could be a Terence year? (Edit:reference)
    So what if there was a new run of schemes like bdgp in the near future. Are you not limiting yourself to a certain quota? Young and enthusiastic here so don't want to narrow my future plans all for one payment. Just thinking out loud. Any one thinks the same?

is applying for this kinda putting a cap on any future reference number you may have? If the reference period is not starting till next June 2020, that leads you into summer 2021 to have the reduction made. Then in the t & c you must apply for a sfp each year up to that. Does that mean from 2022 onwards we will have a new cap and 2021 could be a Terence year?
    So what if there was a new run of schemes like bdgp in the near future. Are you not limiting yourself to a certain quota? Young and enthusiastic here so don't want to narrow my future plans all for one payment. Just thinking out loud. Any one thinks the same?

Who knows, it's government policy to get rid of sucklers and increase production of white gold at any cost.
    You'll be old and cynical soon enough, oh and who is Terence?

who is Terence?

This lad I assume

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ajHLWn1Pt2I

is applying for this kinda putting a cap on any future reference number you may have? If the reference period is not starting till next June 2020, that leads you into summer 2021 to have the reduction made. Then in the t & c you must apply for a sfp each year up to that. Does that mean from 2022 onwards we will have a new cap and 2021 could be a Terence year?

You have the option of reneging on the scheme and letting them claw back the payment

Anto_Meath wrote: »
    O yes anyone who would could getting a few thousand would be foolish to miss it. Can you draw the maximum for the suckler cows (40 X €40) and the maximum for the slaughter (100 X €100) therefore overall payment would be €11,600?
    I do have a feeling that like any subsidy it will have unintentional effects on the market. Remember years ago there was a old neighbor of ours who would bring his cattle to near beef but wouldn't draw down the 22 month subsidy as he said you got paid that in the mart the day you sold without any form filling. His nephew is now complaining that the single farm payment on the bit of land is poor, but he used to do very well with his cattle when selling them some times I think he even got more than he would have got in the envelope.

Don’t have sucklers (so I’m not really getting the max) but yeah think you can get €11,600.
    As for worrying about it being a reference year for stocking rates, well I wouldn’t worry about it. If it is it may be a blessing.

Cavanjack wrote: »
    Don’t have sucklers (so I’m not really getting the max) but yeah think you can get €11,600.
    As for worrying about it being a reference year for stocking rates, well I wouldn’t worry about it. If it is it may be a blessing.

Yes but I'm way understocked and want to double what I had during the dates given. I'm only starting back. There could be big changes next summer. Cattle are too low for too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭sonnybill

Poor scheme, very small numbers and E40 per cow should have been front loaded for lads for first ten cows, can see it being majorly undersubscribed by the smaller suckler lads and the 5 % is a lot of paper watching and uncertainty for pittance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭amacca

If you sold an animal through the mart how would you find out if it had been presented for slaughter within 30 days by an agent or dealer

Would it be on agfood? Can you search by tag no?

And can you find out if it was sold on again or presented for slaughter by the guy who bought off you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭High bike

I notice if it's oversubscribed the payments will be reduced but nothing about increased payments if it's under subscribed , so where does the surplus money go then??

Advertisement