Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Winter Is Here - Game of Thrones II Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Choc Chip wrote: »
    Btw, I voted at 7pm or 8pm. The vote ON me was early.

Read everything back I had to catch up on and posted all that before work / during my break so my bad but if that’s the only typo I’m happy enough:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

If they did that we would know at least one of them was converted. That is of course something that could happen though

Or eva could have been evil in the first place and made the power up. We can't completely trust any convert she gives us.

Read everything back I had to catch up on and posted all that before work / during my break so my bad but if that’s the only typo I’m happy enough:)

Was just clarifying cos it was throwing shade my way.

Eva WW wrote: »

2D's postings are strange ramblings and not always relevant.

Might seem like inane ramblings but they're not. The fact that nobody as copped on to them is a slight concern given the scrutiny other innocuous posts are getting. That's why I didn't change my vote yesterday, sheer guesswork. If my posts couldn't be deciphered there was no hope with any others.

Barring maybe the first couple of posts in here, all the others have been relevant.

Choc Chip wrote: »
    Or eva could have been evil in the first place and made the power up. We can't completely trust any convert she gives us.

Nobody is clear in this game atm

• Advertisement

Also Necro said a few times that someone claimed Danny. Is this true? Think I asked before but saw nothing mentioned about it. I’d hope it gets highlighted in a more obvious fashion should we start thinking that person is wolfy/ NKy.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

That is true, same as yourself BH.

I have stated on thread that from the handover into I got, i don't have any confirmed convert name.

Using your point, any name on list could already be bad at the time Andy submitted them, so will never get flagged.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Necro wrote: »
    Sooooo many people with 2 votes.

Not much point in doing anything though, I've gone down rabbit holes trying to do stuff with no red flips.

This is disappointing. I'd hoped for some insight from you before 10am when you could be still somewhat trusted (I happen to think you're grand atm). I know wagonomics is difficulty without any red flips. But, any thoughts on, say, the lone voters (Choccy, Beaker and, oh ... you!), or any other thoughts that we could potentially use later in the game.

Agreed. I was just pointing that we cant trust her conversions tells unless he gives us one or more then later flips green.

Might seem like inane ramblings but they're not. The fact that nobody as copped on to them is a slight concern given the scrutiny other innocuous posts are getting. That's why I didn't change my vote yesterday, sheer guesswork. If my posts couldn't be deciphered there was no hope with any others.

Barring maybe the first couple of posts in here, all the others have been relevant.

Why do they need to be deciphered. If we're not getting them, can you explain in plain English for us poor dopes who aren't clever enough to figure out what you're saying.

Bark once for NK, and twice for RH!

• Advertisement

That is true, same as yourself BH.

I have stated on thread that from the handover into I got, i don't have any confirmed convert name.

Using your point, any name on list could already be bad at the time Andy submitted them, so will never get flagged.

Yeah assuming you’re on the level yeah even getting a didn’t get converted back does not clear someone of being the NK or NKs RHM.

Anyway back to work, hopefully you don’t all post crazily today as I won’t be able to check my phone till I’m done this evening.

I did note that I thought Tusk, QB and Ecto were different today.

How so? For all of us?

If I was different yesterday it was because it was a Monday and I was at work, whereas Sunday ... I wasn't.

Could be the same for Tusk and Ecto. I just know I wasn't converted.

But if you spotted something noticeably different then spill, and it could out a convert in one of those listed.

Yeah assuming you’re on the level yeah even getting a didn’t get converted back does not clear someone of being the NK or NKs RHM.

This reminds me ....

Eva, can you explain more about your prize?

You gave a list of those who weren't converted. But there are others which you haven't given yet. Can you give them now?

You also said about you dying in certain circumstances, can you explain that?

Does the same list of people continue indefinitely (ie you'll always be informed if one gets converted?) or is it defunt now that you've revealed?

If you can't reveal now can you reveal at 10am just in case you get converted?

("You" being all versions of your character whomsoever was behind the account)

quickbeam wrote: »
    This reminds me ....

Eva, can you explain more about your prize?

You gave a list of those who weren't converted. But there are others which you haven't given yet. Can you give them now?

You also said about you dying in certain circumstances, can you explain that?

Does the same list of people continue indefinitely (ie you'll always be informed if one gets converted?) or is it defunt now that you've revealed?

If you can't reveal now can you reveal at 10am just in case you get converted?

("You" being all versions of your character whomsoever was behind the account)

It's not a list of who's not converted. It is a list of who I'll get a notification if they get converted.

I haven't mentioned anything about dying on Eva account. Can you point to the ones you mean by Andy. I might have read things differentlt

There is an empty place within me where my heart once was.

Is this telling us that you're a convert 2d?!

It's not a list of who's not converted. It is a list of who I'll get a notification if they get converted.

Yes, I understand that. Sorry if phrased badly. I mean, you mentioned you'd a longer list and that was just some of the players in question. I'm just wondering who else is on that list.

Like, after 10am, like Necro, we won't really be able to trust you (I trust Necro a little more than you, atm, but I think you're probably good too), so would it be worth expanding on the list before then?

Again, at 10am so as not to give the NK additional knowledge.

2D also quoted a song by the Wolfe tones. Why would she come out and tell us that she was evil/a convert.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

This is disappointing. I'd hoped for some insight from you before 10am when you could be still somewhat trusted (I happen to think you're grand atm). I know wagonomics is difficulty without any red flips. But, any thoughts on, say, the lone voters (Choccy, Beaker and, oh ... you!), or any other thoughts that we could potentially use later in the game.

Morning. I wasnt a solo voter?

I'll pull up the timestamped version of the lynch when I get up (will be before 10)

Note my next post where I say I'm going to bed though.

Like... I know I'm always here but even I have to sleep at some point. :(

Okay, Dandy's no longer appearing in the list of posters, so that makes ISOing and finding where he said about dying a bit difficult :( Feckit!

I'll pull up the timestamped version of the lynch when I get up (will be before 10)

I think qb meant people with one vote on them. Will pull out list when I'm back in an hour if not already done.

• Advertisement

Yep! I was reading the voted for column, not the voted by column. Whoops. Solo posters: H2DPB, Stinky, Ecto.

Because if an evil won a prize I could die, I can now be converted also.

@Eva, this is the post I was referring to.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Wow, you also studied under Professor Shade Shadesteen at the Shade Institute? eek.png I thought Lordy was the only one to have had such an honour, you lucky pair!

I suppose Necro, it's getting to that stage in the game where if you are bad (despite numerous unprompted protests that you aren't) you would want to maybe keep an eye on me. I'm not a wolf, I'm not currently in danger of being painted as one or manipulated into a mislynch. I'm getting more into the game. I'm potentially a low lying wolf-hunter.

If you are village, then 'Hurray!' and well done for leaving no stone unturned. However, I feel the above is very cheap shade, lip-service shade...lipshade if you will. Even the way you tried to pull sKeith into it with "unlike our pal Stucifer", it just smells a little...funny. It's like you are trying to light a fire under me in advance for Tuesday's deliberations with weak fuel.

Getting the NK is paramount, but other wolf kills are not just "collateral damage". If we lynch a convert or there is a vig kill on a convert on Day 2, that's far better than us taking out another villager. We are a couple of deaths and a conversion into the game, if Tuesday goes that way without landing any wolf, we're approaching a dire situation for all Houses and lone players in the village.

I'm looking forward to the prospect of playing what to me will be a new element of WW and killing all bads in order to get there...so shoot me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm certainly not one of those players sKeith posted about and putting any House allegiances I may or may not have before the overall village fight against the NK.

It could be worse I guess, I could be claiming a power which is eerily similar to the NK's major power in the show (necromancy), in a game where the OP states that prizes could be character-specific powers. It could be worse, I could have just literally posted "Hey, you're preaching to the converted bud" cool.png

I dunno what to say to this. It seems like a huge overreaction to me pointing out you want to progress to endgame (I'm RIPing Phase 2 lest I anger the kraken/sKeith)

It's not shade as you put it, I directly mentioned you and quoted you.

I agree with the overall sentiment of your post but that one paragraph stood out to me in terms of the conversation we were having.

Its comments like that and Guffys early one that cause issues, give people something to jump on if you're both good (which I have no way of knowing)

All of H2DPB's posts (barring first few which were just court jester and newb questions):
    Just catching up on the last ten pages. One in particular stood out as really key.
    Certainly helped me out a bit.
    Valar Morghulis is just High Valyrian. It's said numerous times throughout the show by several characters. It was Arya's gimmick for a while too, during her time in Braavos.
    I was a heartbroken Cat yesterday on top of being bamboozled with this game. My heart is aching less today so I shall endeavour to keep responding and talk sense (*Gulp*). The bloody sun being out won't help.
    I've used the same strategy for the joust as I do for me lotto numbers. I've been robbing myself for years so this'll no doubt be a catastrophe.
    I probably could have worded that better. I just meant interesting in the context of the game and figuring out how it works as a newbie, rather than "Ah-ha! I've cracked the code".
    I love the sun. This game is robbing me of time with it.
    Not a whiff of a raven around these parts.
    That was my interpretation/assumption too.

From here the posts are weird:
    Where are you now when we need you, what burns where the flame used to be,
    are you gone like the snows of last winter and will only our rivers run free?
    There is an empty place within me where my heart once was.
    Duh, duh, duh-duh,
    Duh, duh, duh-duh,
    Here's comes the bride,
    Not dressed in white.
    I am. Kill me and my posts will make perfect sense.
    It's not right.
    I didn't. When I said yesterday that I was glad I didn't win a prize, that was sincere. I was turned inside out and upside down trying to keep abreast as was, a prize would have been an awful dose on top.

I was jousted off me noble steed earlier too, so no prize today either.
    Democracy in Westeros?

[image - it's big and doesn't need quoting, I think]
    Ted_GBNF
    I assumed he was off for some kip. Mad one.
    Hell hath no fury like a Lady scorned.

2/3 that voted for me are gone.
    The discussion today was all fur coat and no knickers. Nothing major happened. A lot of guess work, gut feeling, etc. I've had nothing more than a hunch that Seacle is the Night King since last night. Read nothing today to dissuade me from that. Admittedly nothing to strengthen that hunch either.

Duh, duh, duh-duh,
    Duh, duh, duh-duh,
    Here's comes the bride,
    Not dressed in white.

Red Wedding reference?

Because if an evil won a prize I could die, I can now be converted also.

Because I have players tracked, I am reducing the pool of options for NK to convert, hence target on my back.

@Eva, this is the post I was referring to.

QB is that second last post of 2D's a direct quote? It looks different than the original. Might be mobile though.

The discussion today was all fur coat and no knickers. Nothing major happened. A lot of guess work, gut feeling, etc. I've had nothing more than a hunch that Seacláide is the Night King since last night. Read nothing today to dissuade me from that. Admittedly nothing to strengthen that hunch either.

Why is this different than what you quoted QB?

It's really bugging me as if you're trying to not mention that they were pointing at Choc Chip not just rambling inanely.

Why would someone bother to alter a quote though particularly a word that stands out.

I dunno if its even wolfy but its bizarre!

• Advertisement

QB is that second last post of 2D's a direct quote? It looks different than the original. Might be mobile though.
    Why is this different than what you quoted QB?

It's really bugging me as if you're trying to not mention that they were pointing at Choc Chip not just rambling inanely.

Yeah, a direct quote. The only quote I edited was the one where I took out the picture. It's probably something to do with the accents. I know in the past when I've tried to hide bad words by using an accent, it doesn't always look good.

Advertisement