Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Winter Is Here - Game of Thrones II Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

The discussion today was all fur coat and no knickers. Nothing major happened. A lot of guess work, gut feeling, etc. I've had nothing more than a hunch that Seacle is the Night King since last night. Read nothing today to dissuade me from that. Admittedly nothing to strengthen that hunch either.

Just quoting it again to see what happens. Above me as I type I see the full words.

When I preview and come back to typing, the word has edited itself. I dunno why?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

quickbeam wrote: »
    Just quoting it again to see what happens. Above me as I type I see the full words.

When I preview and come back to typing, the word has edited itself. I dunno why?

That's gonna bother my OCD more than it should. Are you on mobile or app?

Sh
    Sh
    Sh
    Sh
    Sh

That's all that posts when I put in the "poo" word with an i-fada on it.

Necro wrote: »

PC.

Shite.

Using a "size" indicator works. Using an accent doesn't. Is it just me that happens to?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

The app doesn't work for me when Cloudflare security is ramped up.

Anyway. Don't make it anything. It's not anything. What do you think of the possible Red Wedding reference?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Anyways quirkiness and OCD aside I'll be back in about half an hour.

Shower to be had
    Shave to be had
    And the other 'S'

Will be back shortly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

2D's quote about the empty place where my heart once was bothers me, especially after the wording of the conversion.

If they did that we would know at least one of them was converted. That is of course something that could happen though

There's no endgame for Eva if she lies about me being converted though.

I'll inevitably flip good and she'll be outed.

Still doesn't find us the Night King as I don't think Eva is bad at the moment.

• Advertisement

I don't think either of you are bad right now, but for arguments sake, the above is still a sound tactic if eva is convert - the NK just needs us to chase down converts while he keeps decimating village and he'll win. If a convert was lynched every day, he'd still win...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

I think I've deciphered your ramblings 2d...

Thought I don't know why you're posting things like that to be deciphered.

I could be wrong, but mam your posts are dead weird!

tusk wrote: »

Man! Not mam. Bloody mobile!!! :mad: :pac:

sKeith wrote: »
    added colour.

voted for | # of votes | voted by
    Ted_YNWA | 4 | tritium, Choc chip, sKeith, Necro
    Hello 2D Person Below | 3 | Ted_YNWA, Tusk, DublinAndy2
    Tusk | 2 | Stu Redman, fixxxer
    Guffy | 2 | Quickbeam, Bounty Hunter
    Bounty Hunter | 2 | Beakerjoe, Guffy
    sKeith | 2 | Micksjaguar, Lord TSC
    Lord TSC | 2 | gnr, Drumpot
    Choc Chip | 1 | Hello 2D Person Below
    Necro | 1 | Ladyskunk
    Beakerjoe | 1 | Ectoplasm

So I tried to resort the votes with timestamps but it ended up a garbled mess so back to this from sKeith

Did Ecto telegraph her solo vote on Beaker? I don't remember them interacting at all bar through an intermediary in QB.

Likewise 2D voting Choccy is a bit strange, though they could have easily self-pressed onto Ted if they were a wolf so a mark in the plus column for me there.

Skunk's vote, meh. Someone else can analyse this.

Genuinely don't really want to try and interpret that garbled mess of 2 voters, but you have Guffy voting BH and BH voting Guffy, I'm gonna say not a team.

That, tbh is all I'm willing to read into at the moment anyways

tusk wrote: »

Any chance you'd update the rest of us? :(

Also Necro said a few times that someone claimed Danny. Is this true? Think I asked before but saw nothing mentioned about it. I’d hope it gets highlighted in a more obvious fashion should we start thinking that person is wolfy/ NKy.

Yep, not gonna say who this close to a conversion though. I doubt I'm the only flute that noticed it.

Choc Chip wrote: »
    Any chance you'd update the rest of us? :(

I'd rather give 2d the chance to respond with reading as to why coded messages were necessary and if she wants to come out then up to her.

If it is what I think it is then it's nothing that can help or hinder the game in it's current stage.

With that said 2d, if I am right, you need to stop with the codes and do some nk hunting. You were on my chopping block last night and still are unless something changes

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Morning all,

Necro, I should probably just clarify something thats on my mind.

You said you'd have revived Ted last night if he had made a character claim, but why would that have made a difference? We're working under the assumption everyone is a powerless character, right? So why would him saying he's Tyrion have made any difference?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Morning all,

Necro, I should probably just clarify something thats on my mind.

You said you'd have revived Ted last night if he had made a character claim, but why would that have made a difference? We're working under the assumption everyone is a powerless character, right? So why would him saying he's Tyrion have made any difference?

Because the claim is easily resolveable.

If he'd been a wolf and claimed Tyrion then the real Tyrion could have countered him

Tusk is full of bluster. Totally misread the situation yesterday. No evidence that they're any more perceptive today.

• Advertisement

Unless you're converted after. Then Eva is golden :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Because the claim is easily resolveable.

If he'd been a wolf and claimed Tyrion then the real Tyrion could have countered him

Knowing that, why would a wolf claim a character named in the OP?

Or would you have only saved him if he named a character from the OP?

(And this also presumes a convert wouldn't have come from the list of OP characters?)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

sK makes a good point about Beaker & Choc chip both voting at 10.30am and never changing their votes. A potential team voting that early?

I guess others responded to this already but that is very early to decide unless you don’t think you’ll be online later.

Joe explains that he thinks I’d be a good convert choice but I’d prefer he try to get the night king than the convert at this early stage and as I said yesterday the fact that a few said I’d be a good convert is probably why I wasn’t converted (would you choose someone a lot of people think could be chosen)

——

Well as explained earlier, once the convert happened, my thoughts went to whom woukd be best fit the profile of a convert IMO.

Which was you IMO. Hence the early vote. Id love to catch NK, or a convert, its just easier in my mind to catch a convert than the NK on day 1. You can prefer all you want , but them the brakes.

(And this also presumes a convert wouldn't have come from the list of OP characters?)

Yeah, it would have depended on the name of the character.

One in the OP I would have certainly saved

Tusk is full of bluster. Totally misread the situation yesterday. No evidence that they're any more perceptive today.

Eh I'm right here bud... You can talk to me directly.

You've said outright that you're posting codes for people to crack. I think I've cracked it and give you the opportunity to respond and this is what you've got?

Mmmmkay.

Strange egg.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Unless you're converted after. Then Eva is golden :rolleyes:

What's with the rolleyes?

But the converts don't matter, only the NK does. I agree I'd rather lynch a Walker than villager, but there's no point trying to lynch a converted that I can see. So if he'd come out as a character named in op, would be a better option to save him (imo) than let him die.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Did Ecto telegraph her solo vote on Beaker? I don't remember them interacting at all bar through an intermediary in QB.

Given that I listed him as my top suspect for Nightking I'd say yes I telegraphed it.

Choc Chip wrote: »
    But the converts don't matter, only the NK does. I agree I'd rather lynch a Walker than villager, but there's no point trying to lynch a converted that I can see. So if he'd come out as a character named in op, would be a better option to save him (imo) than let him die.

I think I quoted the wrong post here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Given that I listed him as my top suspect for Nightking I'd say yes I telegraphed it.

May I ask why Im your top suspect or are you just chancing your arm shading me.

Advertisement