Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Winter Is Here - Game of Thrones II Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

It could be worse I guess, I could be claiming a power which is eerily similar to the NK's major power in the show (necromancy), in a game where the OP states that prizes could be character-specific powers. It could be worse, I could have just literally posted "Hey, you're preaching to the converted bud" cool.png

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51af805bd43303b570d21481144c043914c5043ad34&rid=giphy.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

The discussion today was all fur coat and no knickers. Nothing major happened. A lot of guess work, gut feeling, etc. I've had nothing more than a hunch that Seacláide is the Night King since last night. Read nothing today to dissuade me from that. Admittedly nothing to strengthen that hunch either.

Oh gawd, please don't talk about me in Irish. I have to toddle off and google to try and figure out if you're trying to throw shade.

Sure I said very little yesterday either, but if you wasnt to elaborate on your hunch, that'd be great.

You've confused me today and I don't know if it's worth me trying to figure out who you're trying to tell us you are, or if I should just start reading back and figuring out who nk is.

Elsewhere, I feel this list for Day 1 might prove useful if not now, sometime before the end...

JgnBnwY.png?1

Granted, I haven't played many games this year, but are such detailed lynch results the done thing now? Specifically, the timestamps? All it says in OP about the lynch results is the following...
    5. Voting rules: The lynch form will be opened following the munch and players can vote until 08:59:59PM. You can change your vote as many times as you like, but only your last vote will count. Do not share your vote form password with anyone else. All votes for the lynch have to be made by yourself.

6. Lynch rules: The votes will be published as soon as possible following the lynch in the order they were cast.
    If timestamps are not the done thing, then nobody was expecting that information to be made public, wolves included.

It's interesting to me that Beaker placed his definitive vote at 10:31am, despite posting this in the thread at 10:13am...
    No clear lynch candidate for me. My FFA will be based on whom would be the best convert choice.
    Tbf, he could have just put a placeholder vote in once the lynch forum opened just to make sure it was done for the day, especially if he had a busy day ahead. Then there was nothing to make him change his mind/vote in the following 10.5 hours. Two people placed very early votes and didn't change them though, Beaker and 2D Person Greeter.

Away from those two early votes, I'd be wary of any player who cast their vote but wasn't active on thread around the time their vote was cast. They can be online to cast their vote but can't/won't post in the game thread, what other game-related things might they be doing in the background?

The very late votes from sKeith and Necro aren't a great look either, but they could just be players wanting to do the best thing and go with an organised village consensus based on thread opinion. sKeith certainly has been vocal about doing what goes with village consensus.

Subsequent lynch results and timestamps might not be useful now that everyone knows the information is made public, but this Day 1 list could be useful to come back to as the game goes on and as we learn more info.

LadySkunk wrote: »
    I just wrote the most pockety post ever and had to metaphorically slap myself in the face and delete it :pac:

Feeling too warm and fuzzy as I nod off to sleep. Going to go to sleep myself. Feel a bit more involved after my couple of posts though and read back and on the bright side I’m off at 4 tomorrow and off the following day wooo, I’m going to wreck your heads.. More than I usually do :P

Will respond to Necro tomorrow, got distracted there. Night all

Lady Skunk. This here: saying you're doing something and then not doing it? I feel that you might be a bit warm and fuzzy alright....

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

I suppose Necro, it's getting to that stage in the game where if you are bad (despite numerous unprompted protests that you aren't) you would want to maybe keep an eye on me. I'm not a wolf, I'm not currently in danger of being painted as one or manipulated into a mislynch. I'm getting more into the game.

I'm potentially a low lying wolf-hunter.

One word completely jumped out there Stu in that sentence.

I know there is a lot of different scenarios being thrown about in the whole post.

Soft claim of prize too.

• Advertisement

Bejeepers, I have fellow night owls who are not sKeith or Necro :eek:

Or are you in 'morning' mode?

Morning mode! I'm considering whether to go back to sleep for 30 mins or get up now though...

Choc Chip wrote: »
    Morning mode! I'm considering whether to go back to sleep for 30 mins or get up now though...

Hey, if you have those 30 minutes available, grab them! I'll be greeting my OH on my way to bed as she is getting up for work in a few minutes, she would kill for those 30 minutes :pac:

Morning mode here, was a quiet night here overall. Wasn't much of a catchup

Would the NK be hiding in the lowest posters? After all, if he stops being able to convert his team have a massive disadvantage, even if they don't die with him. That's makes him vital for team bad.

Lowest posters being: Mick, Stu (sorry 6am-buddy), 2d, and lady skunk...

• Advertisement

Hey, if you have those 30 minutes available, grab them! I'll be greeting my OH on my way to bed as she is getting up for work in a few minutes, she would kill for those 30 minutes :pac:

If I go back to sleep I might not wake up in 30 minutes!

Stu: on this:

"Granted, I haven't played many games this year, but are such detailed lynch results the done thing now? Specifically, the timestamps? All it says in OP about the lynch results is the following..."

I've only played this year but have seen it done a few times so want surprised. The only people who might be caught out (if bad) were people who haven't played much this year I'd say.

Would the NK be hiding in the lowest posters? After all, if he stops being able to convert his team have a massive disadvantage, even if they don't die with him. That's makes him vital for team bad.

2D's postings are strange ramblings and not always relevant.

Adding confusion to the mix, Right-hand man to add some deflection.

Don't be sorry at all, it has to be mentioned and looked at. Even if not the NK, maybe any original follower he had or a convert could be in there.

- I know for 100% I'm not wolf or currently a convert.

- 2D's early vote yesterday has been mentioned by me in one of my last posts as something to keep in mind.

- Ladyskunk I have no read on at the moment like a few other players in the game.

- MJ is worrying me slightly in that he has been a "lock" on sKeith for NK since IMO too early in the game. A day later, he didn't change that view.

Stu: on this:

"Granted, I haven't played many games this year, but are such detailed lynch results the done thing now? Specifically, the timestamps? All it says in OP about the lynch results is the following..."

I've only played this year but have seen it done a few times so want surprised. The only people who might be caught out (if bad) were people who haven't played much this year I'd say.

So...me!

Thanks CC.

On looking at the post-count list, I'd actually include Tritium in the low posters currently as well. They have 42 posts, but about 7 or 8 of them were unsuccessful one liner attempts and failures at the court jester competition.

On looking at the post-count list, I'd actually include Tritium in the low posters currently as well. They have 42 posts, but about 7 or 8 of them were unsuccessful one liner attempts and failures at the court jester competition.

I'm just above tritium so may as well throw me in there too.

I just think its VERY risky for the NK to be too prominent.

Eva WW wrote: »
    2D's postings are strange ramblings and not always relevant.

Adding confusion to the mix, Right-hand man to add some deflection.

Is it too obvious though? Its sticking their head above the parapet far more than needed. And no on-thread tasks.

I think trit asked 2d yesterday about whether it would be good for the village if they died based on who they were saying they were. I can't remember 2d responding, but my gut says it's too overt for the nk.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Dealing with a brand new class of kids who are 4yrs old at most and in many cases don’t speak a lick of English so won’t be actively posting (after this big break) till a bit later today but... here come a load of preprepared posts from said break :)

Welcome (back) Eva- hope all is okay with DAndy and we see him again down the line.

Don’t really like powers unused (and therefore unproven) hanging out there semi clearing people especially when they make them an obvious conversion target, especially if they essentially could have 2 lives if they aren’t bullish!tting.

Are you a member of the brotherhood Necro ?

I kind of believe Necro up to a point atm however, that point being that I dunno if he can save himself as that isn’t in keeping with any characters iirc. John Snow for example didn’t revive himself he needed the red woman to do so.

I also don’t think he’s the NK but the NK can revive the dead so such a prize could fit that character
    ———

Eva is DAndy’s former character so if he was not lying (what character would knowing who was converted fit ?) he should know if potential 2 life Necro has been converted (though not if he was the NK or less likely the NKs RHM).

If we believe Ted/Tyrion won a prize to do with politicking ( makes sense for his character) then all of day ones powers / prizes are accounted for between Targaryen death, DAndy & Ted even if some of their characters may be disputed.

——

• Advertisement

Don’t think we can trust either Necro or Eva after conversion today.

If I was converting someone I’d pick Eva and tell her to say Necro was not converted for example.

Still don’t like how G&R ffad me, Lord and Necro with no explanation despite all three of us asking for one and him being online but now I see he says it was gut. Guess I get him having a gut feeling against me cos I had just ffad him but any reason for Your Lordy suspicions G&R? Iirc he thought Necro was the concert so I focus on Lordy first.

——-

sK makes a good point about Beaker & Choc chip both voting at 10.30am and never changing their votes. A potential team voting that early?

I guess others responded to this already but that is very early to decide unless you don’t think you’ll be online later.

Joe explains that he thinks I’d be a good convert choice but I’d prefer he try to get the night king than the convert at this early stage and as I said yesterday the fact that a few said I’d be a good convert is probably why I wasn’t converted (would you choose someone a lot of people think could be chosen)

——

Btw I agree we need to unite against the NK or die just like John Snow said in the show.

I don’t think QB was lying about being Brienne for the same reason sK believed her and for that reason I think sK has a similar character to QBs. Therefore atm I don’t think either are the NK or the NKs RHM but they could have been converted.

Lady Skunk. This here: saying you're doing something and then not doing it? I feel that you might be a bit warm and fuzzy alright....

Ah here Choc Chip, I was posting at 1:30 this morning and back up for 5:30. I said I was preparing a post for Necro in response to his yesterday and then people were posting live on thread, I got distracted, started writing a different post and then deleted it.

Said I’d respond to him today for consistency and because he got so butt hurt about it yesterday (No offence Necro :o )

If I recall correctly you pointed out one of my posts yesterday as wolfy, was that you? You literally just pulled one and said it was wolfy, no explanation and nothing I can defend myself against.

Now this morning stating I’m not doing what I said I’d do when it’s 6:30 in the morning. I am going to respond to Necro, in my own time this morning just like I said I would

Don’t think we can trust either Necro or Eva after conversion today.

If I was converting someone I’d pick Eva and tell her to say Necro was not converted for example.

Or even pick eva and tell her to say necro was converted?

sK makes a good point about Beaker & Choc chip both voting at 10.30am and never changing their votes. A potential team voting that early?

I guess others responded to this already but that is very early to decide unless you don’t think you’ll be online later.

Joe explains that he thinks I’d be a good convert choice but I’d prefer he try to get the night king than the convert at this early stage and as I said yesterday the fact that a few said I’d be a good convert is probably why I wasn’t converted (would you choose someone a lot of people think could be chosen)

——

Btw, I voted at 7pm or 8pm. The vote ON me was early.

Bejeepers, I have fellow night owls who are not sKeith or Necro :eek:

Or are you in 'morning' mode?

Morning mode also, running on about three hours sleep, freezing on the bus into work. Pray for me :pac:

LadySkunk wrote: »
    Ah here Choc Chip, I was posting at 1:30 this morning and back up for 5:30. I said I was preparing a post for Necro in response to his yesterday and then people were posting live on thread, I got distracted, started writing a different post and then deleted it.

Said I’d respond to him today for consistency and because he got so butt hurt about it yesterday (No offence Necro :o )

If I recall correctly you pointed out one of my posts yesterday as wolfy, was that you? You literally just pulled one and said it was wolfy, no explanation and nothing I can defend myself against.

Now this morning stating I’m not doing what I said I’d do when it’s 6:30 in the morning. I am going to respond to Necro, in my own time this morning just like I said I would

I honestly have no idea what post of mine from yesterday you're talking about. I'll have a search later.

And sorry skunk, but I didn't like the interaction last night and just noted it while catching up. It's all very well to tell me what you were doing off-thread, but there's nothing on-thread and that's all I can go on.

Morning btw! :D

• Advertisement

Or even pick eva and tell her to say necro was converted?

If they did that we would know at least one of them was converted. That is of course something that could happen though

Advertisement