Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Winter Is Here - Game of Thrones II Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Certainly helped me out a bit.

Spill. We might have overlooked something you noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

I would convert sk/bh to befgin with then look at a newbie.

But if nk is skunk, which is possobpe, she's more likely to convert tusk or fixxxer or someone she feels she can manipulate by being a woman and them a man.

So i guess look at who you think is nk then think like them.

Game Mod Hat: Completely uncalled for comment, you can make a point without a remark like that. Cut it out

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

quickbeam wrote: »
    Why would the Tars get a kill? There are no powers outside prizes.

Just an (admittedly out there) theory I was working on.

It's most likely a prize though, I agree. But I'm tinfoiling all possibilities

Mods posted a cloud pic between conversion and Clara’s kill. Any clue what that was about?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I think the odds say avoid the convert

So imagine we narrow down the convert to 10 people, group A, leaving us with the other 10, Group B. (Yes for the purposes of simplicity I’m ignoring Clara’s death)

If the convert is in group A we’re more likely to find the NK in Group B.

It is dependant on the odds of the convert being on group A being over 50%, which obviously we hope it will be because we know the people involved and try and rationalise the NKs thoughts

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

beakerjoe wrote: »
    So ...... whos bang in the middle, who would you pick if its you?

Me, personally?

Going off Keith's post count and percentages, I'd have probably gone with some people either side of me. Two either side if Guffy, Drump, Ecto and GnR. Cut Drump cause then I'd have to have changed stances on my susipcions of him from yesterday, but I had zero interaction with any of those other three.

But that's me, personally. A higher poster like Necro would probably choose a lower poster like Stu, Mick or 2D to balance himself out. Vice versa too, a lower poster would probably look for a high poster.

My main worry right now though is as a village, I'd be kind of worried we're dangerously close to lynching a high posting experienced player on the back of a fear its who "we" (as in, each individual poster's thoughts gathered into a collective obvious decision) would convert. Which will possibly lead to a really efficient villager getting lynched tonight.

Baggly wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTA8aR7SpjgLRDBPnFn6cgOor1-Jyg-AxcFo5Kn6lfPu0cO5OI1

This.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mods posted a cloud pic between conversion and Clara’s kill. Any clue what that was about?

Signifying a dragon attack imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

duffman13 wrote: »
    Game Mod Hat: Completely uncalled for comment, you can make a point without a remark like that. Cut it out

So the person who said the same thing as me yesterday is fine? Lol that mod comment is a joke. Mod evenly or don't.

Green&Red wrote: »
    I think the odds say avoid the convert

So imagine we narrow down the convert to 10 people, group A, leaving us with the other 10, Group B. (Yes for the purposes of simplicity I’m ignoring Clara’s death)

If the convert is in group A we’re more likely to find the NK in Group B.

It is dependant on the odds of the convert being on group A being over 50%, which obviously we hope it will be because we know the people involved and try and rationalise the NKs thoughts

Why could NK and convert not be in the same grouping?

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Me, personally?

Going off Keith's post count and percentages, I'd have probably gone with some people either side of me. Two either side if Guffy, Drump, Ecto and GnR. Cut Drump cause then I'd have to have changed stances on my susipcions of him from yesterday, but I had zero interaction with any of those other three.

But that's me, personally. A higher poster like Necro would probably choose a lower poster like Stu, Mick or 2D to balance himself out. Vice versa too, a lower poster would probably look for a high poster.

My main worry right now though is as a village, I'd be kind of worried we're dangerously close to lynching a high posting experienced player on the back of a fear its who "we" (as in, each individual poster's thoughts gathered into a collective obvious decision) would convert. Which will possibly lead to a really efficient villager getting lynched tonight.

Nah, it's not happening. I'm just interested in who people choose or possibly more importantly who they don't mention (I'm aware it's a good few but eventually we can start to get a pattern from multiple days of convert talk, FFAs, readslists etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Necro wrote: »
    Just an (admittedly out there) theory I was working on.

It's most likely a prize though, I agree. But I'm tinfoiling all possibilities

Have we accepted that teams don’t have a BR to communicate in? I think somebody said that but can’t remember why they suggested it.

So each prize could be like a peek, a Kill and a BG protect (or something like that), for each team to win. But at the moment they don’t know which team they are on. Or maybe there are more kills, I mean we can’t go all week with one kill and the NK converting, the game would never finish!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Are you the convert fixxxy?

Taking out house members and reducing the numbers to achieve parity would be a good tactic too...

ArcticSphericalBass-size_restricted.gif

I don't know who anyone else is except me though, so it would be a pretty flawed plan.

Not the convert.

Why could NK and convert not be in the same grouping?

They could but the odds of the NK being in either group is even

Drumpot wrote: »
    Have we accepted that teams don’t have a BR to communicate in? I think somebody said that but can’t remember why they suggested it.

So each prize could be like a peek, a Kill and a BG protect (or something like that), for each team to win. But at the moment they don’t know which team they are on. Or maybe there are more kills, I mean we can’t go all week with one kill and the NK converting, the game would never finish!

No assigned roles :P

Teams don't get a backroom until the Night King has been whacked.

Which makes the houses playing for themselves a bit redundant at this stage

Why would the Tars get a kill? There are no powers outside prizes.

This is something too.

Actually, I probably got the answer to this question as I was writing...

I was going to say, if someone won a bullet for a prize (in this case, it looks like a bullet that activated at 10am), why not come out and say "I have a bullet, who should we kill" and let the village make the choice together.

But then it kind of looks like the prize at least went to someone in House SexyDragonLady. So I guess revealing you had the prize would also have revealed your house in this case....I presume if someone from House Emo Teenagers or House Incest won, the kill would have been tweaked?

If we’re lynching a convert then we’re not lynching the SK

The counter argument is that there’s three of them now, strong core

So Clara was killed by a Tar because it was by dragon? But there’s no reason to suppose they knew Clara’s role, is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

No assigned roles :P

Teams don't get a backroom until the Night King has been whacked.

Which makes the houses playing for themselves a bit redundant at this stage

I took no assigned roles to mean there is no seer or BG, but isn’t a dragon kill a role? I mean don’t the prizes effectively give people a role of sorts with the power they get?

So what’s the stop the prizes being a seer peak or Protection etc? Do you think all prizes are kills?

As in, Tars don’t have specific beef with the Brotherhood do they?

• Advertisement

Drumpot wrote: »
    I took no assigned roles to mean there is no seer or BG, but isn’t a dragon kill a role? I mean don’t the prizes effectively give people a role of sorts with the power they get?

So what’s the stop the prizes being a seer peak or Protection etc? Do you think all prizes are kills?

Nope, I firmly believe protection and seer peeks are also potential prizes.

I'm kind of on board with Lord's theory that - say a kill prize - might be flavoured to a house member though

But also, unless they already know each other, they could easily have accidentally targeted one of their own?

As in, Tars don’t have specific beef with the Brotherhood do they?

Nah they could have just had suspicions on Clara and just swung for the fences.

Sucks for her though :( That's two games in a row (long games) she's been N0ed

So Clara was killed by a Tar because it was by dragon? But there’s no reason to suppose they knew Clara’s role, is there?

The OP says...

"There will be competitions each day to determine if anyone should win prizes. Prizes mean powers. These powers may be character target specific, so please consider this before revealing your character. "

I wonder if it's not that, say, a Peek, a bullet and a protect were awarded yesterday.

As much as someone won a prize, and because they specifically were the character they were, they got a free kill?

Dragon fire is so very specific for a kill description. There's only one group who have access to dragons in the show....

This is something too.

Actually, I probably got the answer to this question as I was writing...

I was going to say, if someone won a bullet for a prize (in this case, it looks like a bullet that activated at 10am), why not come out and say "I have a bullet, who should we kill" and let the village make the choice together.

But then it kind of looks like the prize at least went to someone in House SexyDragonLady. So I guess revealing you had the prize would also have revealed your house in this case....I presume if someone from House Emo Teenagers or House Incest won, the kill would have been tweaked?

It's a good point. How much should house alignment matter at this point?

How about the village making some suggestions to the ether if people really dont want to out their houses?

Do we the village think dandy should get BG if someone is around?
    Do we the village think that someone in particular is worth a peek?

The OP says...

"There will be competitions each day to determine if anyone should win prizes. Prizes mean powers. These powers may be character target specific, so please consider this before revealing your character. "

I wonder if it's not that, say, a Peek, a bullet and a protect were awarded yesterday.

As much as someone won a prize, and because they specifically were the character they were, they got a free kill?

Dragon fire is so very specific for a kill description. There's only one group who have access to dragons in the show....

Well.... technically two at the point in timeline we've been inserted into,

Night King has an undead dragon too

Well.... technically two at the point in timeline we've been inserted into,

Night King has an undead dragon too

If we're going this way with the back story than what of QBs claim to be allied to Cat Stark?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

So the person who said the same thing as me yesterday is fine? Lol that mod comment is a joke. Mod evenly or don't.

Forum Mod

DublinAndy, you would do well to reread the rules of this game. Rule #1 to be specific.

If you have an issue with anything on thread pm me.

Any more disrespect to fellow players or mods and you will be removed from the game. Improve your behaviour and you are free to continue playing.

So, back at PC now, so I can give a few specific names. I'd have picked to convert: Bounty, Choccy, Clara - somewhere around there on the post list.

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »
    If we're going this way with the back story than what of QBs claim to be allied to Cat Stark?

I'm not sure what to make of it tbh. At this point it's clear as day it's Sansa Brienne serves.

Unless they're taking the undead Cat Stark storyline from the books and inserting it, but the books are completely seperate from the show at this point so :confused:

Advertisement