Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foo Fighters, RDS, Wed 21st August

• Registered Users Posts: 4,976 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Penfailed wrote: »
    I bought two tickets for Belfast the day they went on release. After recent discussions with my wife, we've decided to take our two kids to their first 'big' gig. I bought another two tickets last night. The first pair say GA1 on them, the second pair say GA2 on them...I've been to Boucher before...there's only one area, isn't there?

You might want to check the seating layout on ticketmaster, it could be a setup similar to the RDS where they've putch 1 and pitch 2 setups which are separated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,458 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Penfailed wrote: »
    I bought two tickets for Belfast the day they went on release. After recent discussions with my wife, we've decided to take our two kids to their first 'big' gig. I bought another two tickets last night. The first pair say GA1 on them, the second pair say GA2 on them...I've been to Boucher before...there's only one area, isn't there?

GA is general admission and the number just refers to the allocation of your tickets as another poster said.

You will 100% be in the same standing area with these two tickets. There is also only one standing area for that gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Jesus when I hear the words falls round the fear gets into you ha

Rockshore is the beer of choice in the RDS and its piss. 4%
    Haha it wont be that bad.

You could find a spot on the Lisburn Rd to.I wouldnt park on Boucher Road itself as it closes before the concert ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,950 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

At the Manchester show last year found some of the extended jams to get repetitive after a while and drunken Dave's chatter but great show and it should be a good night. Similar set each show but they include the classics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

At the Manchester show last year found some of the extended jams to get repetitive after a while and drunken Dave's chatter but great show and it should be a good night. Similar set each show but they include the classics

The reason I stopped going to see their concerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Slane with chilis in '03 was the worst for extended jams

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

Anyone who has the unlucky seat of Block C Row C seat 5

Make sure if u do try and get a swap

I literally just saw tickets going for Anglesea stand,Bock C row B,seats 6,7 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

Have 1 spare standing ticket going for the gig in Dublin if anyone is looking for one. Face value (€79). PM me if interested.

ETA: Ticket gone now.

Anyone else think the guy who sings for Imagine Dragons sounds just like Dave ???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭pah

Anyone else think the guy who sings for Imagine Dragons sounds just like Dave ???

No

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Ferajacka

Sounds like yer man from chillies.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭FollowMyWay

Does anyone know what kind of t-shirt selection they have at the current gigs?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Vangoghslow

What time will the boys be going on stage in the RDS? I have to tear up after work!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭bennyl10

What time will the boys be going on stage in the RDS? I have to tear up after work!

8ish - 10.30 usually

The pubs around the RDS were nightmares for Bon Jovi. Packed and took ages to get served. Better off getting cans and drinking on the streets

Bars Inside much better and serving that Rockshore stuff at €6.50 a pint/bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 9,378 ✭✭✭Shedite27

The pubs around the RDS were nightmares for Bon Jovi. Packed and took ages to get served. Better off getting cans and drinking on the streets

Bars Inside much better and serving that Rockshore stuff at €6.50 a pint/bottle
    You suggesting that's as a good or bad deal?

Shedite27 wrote: »
    You suggesting that's as a good or bad deal?

As a non dub

Bad as it's a rip off and rockshore is so light too. Only 4% and at that price. Along with big ques and missing half the show

Tbh I do like a few pints at shows so I partake in what I'm complaining about ha

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Vangoghslow

I have an e-ticket for sale. Pitch 2 Standing. Pm me if interested. Face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,378 ✭✭✭Shedite27

As a non dub

Bad as it's a rip off and rockshore is so light too. Only 4% and at that price. Along with big ques and missing half the show

Tbh I do like a few pints at shows so I partake in what I'm complaining about ha
    Yeah I agree, thought you were saying it's much better inside than the bars outside.

Depending which route you're coming from, the bars along the canal are better for crowds. If you want to get close, go in the door of Paddy Cullens and take a quick left up the stairs, queues at the bar upstairs are much quieter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

What's the story with parking? Would like to try there an hour or so before doors open, reckon I could get a spot at Simmonscourt? Also what's the deal with paying for parking in there, just pay as you arrive?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Looks like they are down to do 3 hours at Reading/Leeds , wonder will we get the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Email today:

Doors - 17:30
    HOT MILK - 17:45
    FC&TR - 18:45
    IMPORTANT : FOO FIGHTERS - 20:00

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Email today:

Doors - 17:30
    HOT MILK - 17:45
    FC&TR - 18:45
    IMPORTANT : FOO FIGHTERS - 20:00

Hot Milk ???

Name sounds stupid

Hot Milk ???

Name sounds stupid

Thanks, I named them myself

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Thanks, I named them myself

Fair play I'll prob go in for them

Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes dont appeal much to me

Fair play I'll prob go in for them

Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes dont appeal much to me

You could always listen to them first??

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭smilgy

Does anyone know from previous gigs at the RDS, whats the craic with food stalls and such? Is there a good selection? I presume they're not actually located on the pitch, if so, how do they control the crowds for pitch 1 or 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

smilgy wrote: »
    Does anyone know from previous gigs at the RDS, whats the craic with food stalls and such? Is there a good selection? I presume they're not actually located on the pitch, if so, how do they control the crowds for pitch 1 or 2?

Pretty good selection behind the older stand, on the grass there. It's outside the arena so everyone can get out, you have to pass back through security to get in so can be a little slow if you time it wrong (ie just before the Foos come on)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

smilgy wrote: »

Don’t know about the vendors and the choices but I presume it’ll be the usual choices but the stalls are set up outside the concert arena in the area where the horses prance around before they do their thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Rough guide...

Red is where the stage will be
    Blue is food
    Green is the draught bars, for Guinness etc. Smaller bars dotted around with less choice

There are options behind the new stand on the left of the pic too, but from memory they're fairly limited

488017.jpg