Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foo Fighters, RDS, Wed 21st August

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

I agree with Sean.

Last time I seen qotsa in Belfast the arena had the curtain up at the back as it was a small crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I know there is that close association between QUTSA and FF but I don't think they would support them. They are in an odd position where they are too big to support anyone but probably wouldn't be big enough to easily fill a stadium. I know the RDS is a smaller venue but I think they'd do something like 2 days in The Olympia on their own rather than the RDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

I know there is that close association between QUTSA and FF but I don't think they would support them. They are in an odd position where they are too big to support anyone but probably wouldn't be big enough to easily fill a stadium. I know the RDS is a smaller venue but I think they'd do something like 2 days in The Olympia on their own rather than the RDS.

I see Greta Van Fleet supporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Woolygloves

Saw QOTSA in 3 last year, amazing, but agree they don't have as broad appeal as the Foos. Lot of the older crowd don't know who they are whereas DaveG has been collecting fans for decades. QOTSA would scare away the selfie brigade too I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

QOTSA pretty much sold out the Point last year so that's their venue size I think, the Olympia is too small for them but that would be unbelievable to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭roper1664

Any links? Thanks

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Saw QOTSA in 3 last year, amazing, but agree they don't have as broad appeal as the Foos. Lot of the older crowd don't know who they are whereas DaveG has been collecting fans for decades. QOTSA would scare away the selfie brigade too I think.

I thought they were only ok at the last 3Arena show , Felt their first 3Arena show was a lot better.

Is that a bad thing ?:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Woolygloves

I thought they were only ok at the last 3Arena show , Felt their first 3Arena show was a lot better.

It's a great thing, it's just another reason QOTSA might not sell out the big arenas.

roper1664 wrote: »
    Any links? Thanks

I'm just guessing who will be in support.

There's nothing official so far.

last Qosta 3arena show was terrible. Sound was terrible.

Then caught them with IGGY in London and sound/day was amazing.

• Advertisement

last Qosta 3arena show was terrible. Sound was terrible.

Then caught them with IGGY in London and sound/day was amazing.

I thought the sound was fine i just felt the show just fell a bit flat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

They are playing the Olympia in March, they'd hardly come back to do support?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

threein99 wrote: »
    QOTSA pretty much sold out the Point last year so that's their venue size I think, the Olympia is too small for them but that would be unbelievable to see.

I actually meant "The Point". Yeah. Brain Fart on my behalf

EPAndlee wrote: »
    They are playing the Olympia in March, they'd hardly come back to do support?

Well considering they're going to be all over Europe during the summer I can't see a better way of advertising an up and coming band than supporting the Foos

Anyway watch this space I guess.

I guess where i was sitting, lower tier seats facing the band was so Bass heavy that the mids and treble weren't cutting through.

Barely heard any guitar solos/vocals.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I don't know what people see in this band, it's such bland rock music, there's just nothing about them or his voice either. At least other generic rock bands like Oasis and U2 had a bit of swagger about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I don't know why you'd wade into a thread about a band* with nothing to offer but an opinion that you don't like them purely so that you can sh1t stir and hopefully set something off.

please do one.

k thx bai.

* Note : This can refer to either FF / QOTSA or the other group mentioned as possible support, same point applies.

Oasis? I don't think standing on stage in a long coat with your hands behind your back is swagger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I don't know what people see in this band, it's such bland rock music, there's just nothing about them or his voice either. At least other generic rock bands like Oasis and U2 had a bit of swagger about them.

Musical taste much like tastes in food, its all subjective.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

threein99 wrote: »
    Musical taste much like tastes in food, its all subjective.
    that poster is probably off in the recipe forum finding & making worthwhile contributions to some other thread "I hate shepards pie, mince, spuds, nothing special, very bland"

• Advertisement

Id be happy with The Hives supporting

These guys are great live.

Even if the music fails you.. Pele's stand up comedy will have you in stitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Oasis? I don't think standing on stage in a long coat with your hands behind your back is swagger

ah c'mon, if you look up 'swagger' in the dictionary you'd probably a picture of Liam Gallagher

anyway, off topic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

It wasn't flat from the pit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

ah c'mon, if you look up 'swagger' in the dictionary you'd probably a picture of Liam Gallagher

He also makes an appearance under the entry : Twat

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

RayCon wrote:
    He also makes an appearance under the entry : Twat

Also referred to as a gob****e

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

That'd be great, from the R&L bill Distillers look the only fit really. I'd like Pvris as I missed their gig last year but not sure if that would work.

That'd be great, from the R&L bill Distillers look the only fit really. I'd like Pvris as I missed their gig last year but not sure if that would work.

Was only thinking Pvris the other day, I seen Distillers are playing another festival with FF as well as Reading & Leeds

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Unclebumble

Is that 100% confirmed? - son pissed he could get a ticket for their show in the Olympia so this would be great to see them and FF

Appreciate any info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭roper1664

Is that 100% confirmed? - son pissed he could get a ticket for their show in the Olympia so this would be great to see them and FF

Appreciate any info

I had asked the same question as you. I understood it as a statement too originally. The poster is making a prediction. Not saying that they actually read it somewhere.

I doubt they'll be the support.

Advertisement