Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foo Fighters, RDS, Wed 21st August

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Looks like they are down to do 3 hours at Reading/Leeds , wonder will we get the same?
    EyesClosed wrote: »
    Email today:

IMPORTANT : FOO FIGHTERS - 20:00
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Hot Milk ???

Name sounds stupid
    Googling it shows me a lingerie company

• Registered Users Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Hot Milk on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTeWqo0hbs5Qr1iGlTcKUcg

They only seem to have four songs out there

• Registered Users Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Rough guide...

Red is where the stage will be
    Blue is food
    Green is the draught bars, for Guinness etc. Smaller bars dotted around with less choice

There are options behind the new stand on the left of the pic too, but from memory they're fairly limited

488017.jpg

Yeah there are about four or five food stalls over behind the Grandstand and one large bar. Much more on the Anglesea Stand side. There are sellers walking around with bottles of beer too but it's generally Rockshore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Email says to use Evntz app for parking. Nothing available for parking, just car parks miles away. Useless as always.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

was only able to get Pitch 2 for this - how do they police who goes into which area, are there wristbands for Pitch 1?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Happy with Frank Carter supporting , Def aiming to get in to see them

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭adam240610

Happy with Frank Carter supporting , Def aiming to get in to see them

They put on an amazing show in Tivolli last time I saw them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

showpony1 wrote: »
    was only able to get Pitch 2 for this - how do they police who goes into which area, are there wristbands for Pitch 1?

Yes it has a separate entrance and you do receive a different colour wristband.

On the off chance anyone here doesn't want to be right up at the front for it I'd swap two Pitch 2 for Pitch 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

On the off chance anyone here doesn't want to be right up at the front for it I'd swap two Pitch 2 for Pitch 1.

Ha ! Nice try

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Pitch 2 sucks balls

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

On the off chance anyone here doesn't want to be right up at the front for it I'd swap two Pitch 2 for Pitch 1.

No interest being right up top, do want to watch from a half decent spot though so happy to leave the pitch 2 peasants behind me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭adam240610

Was pitch 1 the same price as 2? I wouldn't have pegged foo fighters as the type to have two different standing zones like Metallica in slane

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

adam240610 wrote: »
    Was pitch 1 the same price as 2? I wouldn't have pegged foo fighters as the type to have two different standing zones like Metallica in slane

Exact same, it’s for crows purposes and both options were available to choose on ticketmaster (until 1 sold out)

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭snoopy84

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Googling it shows me a lingerie company

Ha ha
    That's right the feeding bras
    Knew it sounded familiar

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Exact same, it’s for crows purposes and both options were available to choose on ticketmaster (until 1 sold out)

In that case if anyone is selling pitch 1 can just swap me and sell on my pitch 2 :D

adam240610 wrote: »

It's for health and safety reasons based on capacity. Every gig in the RDS this year has had two zones. Some bands have charged more for Pitch 1 calling it a Golden Circle but I think Foo Fighters weren't interested in tiering it.

It's for health and safety reasons based on capacity. Every gig in the RDS this year has had two zones. Some bands have charged more for Pitch 1 calling it a Golden Circle but I think Foo Fighters weren't interested in tiering it.

Post Malone the next day is called golden circle.
    If I were paying for a golden circle I’d expect to be in a tiny pit right at stage - not an area that goes back half of the arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Post Malone the next day is called golden circle.
    If I were paying for a golden circle I’d expect to be in a tiny pit right at stage - not an area that goes back half of the arena.

For Bon Jovi at the RDS the golden circle was easily a third of the pitch, maybe a much as a half. Joke really. Luckily it was only a tenner extra so we went for it, I'd have been really annoyed with the standard standing ticket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,079 ✭✭✭prunudo

Not liking the sound of this new pitch set up.

prunudo wrote: »
    Not liking the sound of this new pitch set up.

It's not really 'new'. More or less every artist does it in stadiums where there are standing areas. Rolling Stones, Taylor Swift did it in Croker, Fleetwood Mac, Bon Jovi, Pink did it in the RDS, Robbie Williams did it in the Aviva.

For record it's the front third of the pitch that is Pitch 1 and the back two thirds of the pitch is Pitch 2. So being at the very back of Pitch 1 is excellent if you don't fancy crowds as it'll be more spacious but you'll still be near enough the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,079 ✭✭✭prunudo

New in the sense that unless it was a golden circle it used to be first come first served on the day.
    General admission should be general admission. There'll be plenty of people who didn't buy together separated from friends.
    In saying that its a few years since I was at the rds so probably more so new to me rather than new at gigs. And yes agree, the back of area 1 or the pit as I would have known is a great place to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

They played hey johnny park last night......I'd love that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

Yeah the show was 2 hours and 30 minutes too which is great!

They played hey johnny park last night......I'd love that

I think they played that at T-Vital back in 2012 too which was a lovely surprise?

Cant wait for the gig :) Fingers crossed its a dry day

I think they played that at T-Vital back in 2012 too which was a lovely surprise?

Cant wait for the gig :) Fingers crossed its a dry day

They did I was also at that gig, unreal day

They did I was also at that gig, unreal day

It really was bar the high level of security getting in (it wasnt long after the Swedish House Mafia stabbings) so we missed a good chunk of Black Keys,

Im trying to stay away from looking at their current setlists ha

It really was bar the high level of security getting in (it wasnt long after the Swedish House Mafia stabbings) so we missed a good chunk of Black Keys,

Im trying to stay away from looking at their current setlists ha

I hope we get a Thin Lizzy cover like at Slane

• Advertisement

Big Me was also there last night which wasn't on recent setlists.

Advertisement