Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foo Fighters, RDS, Wed 21st August

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Met Eireann forecasting a wet and windy Wednesday, sickener

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah looks a manky night

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah looks a manky night

Little rain for a few hours around 5, nothing too heavy by the looks of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

It pissed rain when they were at Slane as well and people still enjoyed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Speaking of rain, I have not been to the RDS in ages. Is the ground all covered? I am assuming yes, but it'd be nice to clarify.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,811 ✭✭✭nerd69

Different type of venue in fairness but the rain added to it if anything

OSI wrote: »
    Nope.

Edit: ah wait, do you mean the grass? If so, then yes it is.

No sorry. I meant is the grass covered? Like it would be a croker?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,015 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Few pics of the RDS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

No doubt people will still enjoy it but enjoy it and staying dry beats enjoying it and being wet IMO

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Few pics of the RDS

Perfect thanks. So it is covered, no need to worry if it rains then. Just an auld jacket and a few pints.....be graaaaaand :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭dobman88

Something special about a rock concert in the rain anyway. Came home from Slane absolutely caked in dirt after not drinking to try and "mind" myself lol and had an absolute blast.

As the saying goes, yer not sugar, ya wont melt.

Bring it on

dobman88 wrote: »
    Something special about a rock concert in the rain anyway. Came home from Slane absolutely caked in dirt after not drinking to try and "mind" myself lol and had an absolute blast.

As the saying goes, yer not sugar, ya wont melt.

Bring it on

I'm in the stand so let it rain all it wants ha

It could affect the sound tho as the venue is known for bad quality sound sometimes. In June it took til the Maniacs 2nd song to get right.

Hot Milk sound pretty catchy

https://youtu.be/O4SP5-txYF4

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DarMul17

How early should I queue to get to the barrier for Wednesday? I have general standing 1, i can't wait and I plan to make a placard to try and get Dave's or Taylor's attention. First time going to the RDS. Should be a great gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭pah

2 tickets going here at face value. Can't make it. Sickened

Edit: pitch 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

I have one ticket for pitch one available (face value) if there's any takers. I can no longer make it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Absolutely fooking buzzing for this gig

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LilNiall

Belfast looked great. More of the same Wednesday I hope.

Just for curiosity do bands fly/bus to Dublin from Belfast vice versa ???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just for curiosity do bands fly/bus to Dublin from Belfast vice versa ???

They'll bus it up and down

scudzilla wrote: »
    They'll bus it up and down

Always curious about it as its common enough for bands to play the 2 cities one after the other. Some would prob fly

What's common enough is some would stay in Dublin and helicopter to other Irish cities. Think Bruce Springsteen done it in 2013 when he played Kilkenny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Always curious about it as its common enough for bands to play the 2 cities one after the other. Some would prob fly

What's common enough is some would stay in Dublin and helicopter to other Irish cities. Think Bruce Springsteen done it in 2013 when he played Kilkenny

Depends on size of band and timescale between the 2 gigs. Most bands would bus it, then the superbands (Metallica, Guns) would be helicoptered. Foo's is a tough one, 6 band members plus any PA's/management who'd want to travel, looking at 2 helichoppers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Penfailed

DarMul17 wrote: »
    How early should I queue to get to the barrier for Wednesday? I have general standing 1, i can't wait and I plan to make a placard to try and get Dave's or Taylor's attention. First time going to the RDS. Should be a great gig.

If you're at the barrier and holding up a placard you're going to do peoples heads in that are behind you.

They were amazing in Belfast. Brilliant gig. They opened with Run! Rockin'!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

DarMul17 wrote: »

Great, a placard wanker !!

s8n wrote: »
    Great, a placard wanker !!

Unless it says, "Play the one dave", leave it at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭laros

Mcd are asking people to keep the signs to a max of an A4 page.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

It’s like the flags at Glasto every year, never understood the “look at me” mentality. In addition to ruining the view for everybody behind you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Can't wait for this gig! Even had a dream last night that I was out having a few drinks with Pat Smear... warm cans of Guinness for some reason

I'm going to spoiler the rest, just in case there are folk who don't want to know anything about the possible setlist....
    Have been playing the 5 songs they've been doing from 'Concrete and gold' ad nauseam to myself on my commute for the last few days, and the only one I just can't warm to is 'Sky is a neighbourhood'. 1 song out 23/24 certainly ain't bad though and actually really looking forward to 'La Dee Dah' and 'Run' now.

Loving the way they're changing up their first song each night as well. It's been 'All my Life', 'Stacked Actors' and 'Run' over the last 3 gigs. Would be nice to have a curve ball on this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Vangoghslow

Pitch standing 2, still available. E-ticket. Open to offers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DarMul17

Were Foos on time last night, and when did they finish. As I need to find a locker to put my bag in as I'm flying out at 6am on the Thursday, and as ye know, bags aren't allowed.

Advertisement