Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

A black hole of depression, thats all i can call this week.
    Yesterday the hot topic was how i needed to emigrate to Australia, and sooner rather than later. Also dealt with eternal loneliness and a bit of death thrown in to the mix. Worst blues ever.

Had a great fuking weekend though.

Finally plucked up the courage to listen to the playlist of ATN last night..... i was not ready. Walking around Supervalu holding back the tears. George Fitzgerald - Roll back and Prince nearly made me climb in to the freezers and end it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Synode wrote: »
    Bit too hard for my liking. Arcadia was class though. Someone was playing "Hit the road Jack" at one stage :pac: Or:la finishing out on Sunday night my personal highlight. Some banging tunes.... work, work, work, oh......

https://youtu.be/eUhd0ZtgvaM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭rubick

Some of the best techno I've ever heard. :)

This was a highlight of the weekend for me, world class set!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Not a fan of techno usually, but Higher State of Consciousness was a special moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

MadYaker wrote: »
    I think its from the mdma but im not sure. If I do it more than 2 nights in a row I get the brain zaps for a few days. I developed a twitch after body and soul last year which was a first and I had it again after glasto this year, I think thats from the acid but it could be mdma as well.

I've been dreaming very vivid dreams then waking up with a kind of a zap. Didn't have any last night. As a temporary side effect will take it! just had a moment of teariness but not huge.

The MD I had was really pure, very little come down, could eat before going to sleep!! Really pure love/dancy buzz :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Bit too hard for my liking. Arcadia was class though. Someone was playing "Hit the road Jack" at one stage :pac: Or:la finishing out on Sunday night my personal highlight. Some banging tunes.... work, work, work, oh......

****, totally forgot about Or:la, pity she wasn't playing on another night. Was on wind down on Sunday with just few beers so I could drive without too much of the fear on Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Hit the road Jack was during the drum n bass set on Sunday around 1030. Actually have a video of it. Or:la was a superb end, pity they wouldn't give her 10 more minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭sporina

gee having read all the posts about the fear that some of ye guys are having (big hug), I am soo glad I don't do drugs.. (happy with some booze.. {i was staying locally and after a wee word in one of the Stewards ears on the way out fri night, I got to take in 4 cans and a hip flask of rum on sat and sun.. ha ha squeaky wheel and all that... then bought a few 5 lamps when i ran out } and good tunes).. and sure Kiasmos sent me on a trip of a lifetime anyway.. been listening to them and John Grant ever since I got back on Mon... still feeling serene.. waking up every morn with "black belt in my head.. can't believe this time last week i was on my way.. wish it was only now I was going.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Jaysus, brain zaps sound ****ing nasty. How hard do ye have to be into stuff to get them?

Ill keep my raw throat from weed and sick stomach from whiskey thanks very much.

i took a bit of everything this year, everyday... i wasn't messy but in hindsight I think I will do something like day 1 booze and smoke, day 2 booze and md, day 3 booze and maybe some md..

day 3 this year was just stupid.. (smoke, k, C, E and cid) despite that stupid cocktail I wasn't obviously fecked..

should be winding down that stuff at my age not ramping it up :(

• Subscribers Posts: 41,292 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »

day 3 this year was just stupid.. (smoke, k, C, E and cid) :(

sweet jesus !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,635 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

tenor.gif?itemid=13030471

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

4126.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

honestly it was more like

487620.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    i took a bit of everything this year, everyday... i wasn't messy but in hindsight I think I will do something like day 1 booze and smoke, day 2 booze and md, day 3 booze and maybe some md..

day 3 this year was just stupid.. (smoke, k, C, E and cid) despite that stupid cocktail I wasn't obviously fecked..

should be winding down that stuff at my age not ramping it up :(

I went full tilt on Friday night and Saturday day then crashed and burned on Sunday!,in my 20's i would be still going today late 30's now and all i wanted Sunday was my bed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

I blame my endless tiredness this week on the extra car time. Had nothing to do with anything else like drinking, staying up for acts even though I was already half asleep, ... ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Brain zaps!! What a fantastically accurate phrase for what i was experiencing up until last night. I woke up wednesday with my head pulsing... was convinced I had vertigo, i was so dizzy. Felt absolutely nothing on Monday or Tuesday, they only seemed to kick in wednesday and Thursday in particular. I'm fairly sure they're gone altogether as of this morning.

What in gods name are they about? Can't remember drugs having that effect on me when i was younger. Must be an after effect of some mixer they add to pills these days?? Freaked the **** out of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

deeply unpleasant.

Although that first rush of proper happiness when it all clears is so nice. Haven't been content for about 6 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

When all the toxins have left your system and the brain start functioning normally again.
    It's no longer a chore to find phone charger and get the bloody phone into it and put on socks!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,624 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Jaysis lads if youre still feeling the effects several days later there must be some really strong stuff about. When I got to late 30s coke gave me heart palpitations and ecstasy a lazy eye so gave it up after that. Be careful out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭rubick

Haven't dabbled in quite a few years, the idea scares the living keek outta me.
    Fair play to you legends, stay safe :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Just got tickets for George Fitzgerald in September ...... easing my pain some what

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Todd Terje

Really enjoyed Or:la's set too. One of my highlights of the weekend. After a fairly relentless techno set, I thought it was a nice touch to finish with Lindstrom - Closing Shot. Cracking tune, will never get old.

Pretty sure she played Josh Wink - Are You There at some stage during the set too?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beecee

Suckit wrote: »
    4126.jpg

Ha! I had that exact guy as a kid :)

(a little three finger puppet yoke)

895-1-the-finger-puppet-the-league-of-ugly-muggs-917.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

miller82 wrote: »
    Just got tickets for George Fitzgerald in September ...... easing my pain some what

Where is this on? Might be tempted if my seretonin is back to human levels by then.

whats the feedback email again?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

D.Q wrote: »
    whats the feedback email again?

hello@alltogethernow.ie

Got a fairly generic response, but it was more than 1 sentence and it made me feel good (but not entirely convinced they actually read my 3 page email).

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Where is this on? Might be tempted if my seretonin is back to human levels by then.

Is this just a DJ set?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

if you want to email 2 of the people in charge at POD:

rbutler@pod.ie - Robbie Butler, Director of POD
    will@pod.ie - Will Rolfe, Director of ATN

Sensible and constructive emails are probably better, rather than a whinge about how you sat in traffic or got stung by a wasp. I'm sure they're aware of those issues.

hello@alltogethernow.ie

Got a fairly generic response, but it was more than 1 sentence and it made me feel good (but not entirely convinced they actually read my 3 page email).

cheers sent it off and got something similar back. Have never given feedback before but I feel weirdly invested in this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hope80

if you want to email 2 of the people in charge at POD:

rbutler@pod.ie - Robbie Butler, Director of POD
    will@pod.ie - Will Rolfe, Director of ATN

Sensible and constructive emails are probably better, rather than a whinge about how you sat in traffic or got stung by a wasp. I'm sure they're aware of those issues.

I emailed the 'hello' email on tuesday to let them know how fantastic I found the festival but ended it with a few things that i felt could be improved. I got back an email saying thanks and that it would be forwarded to the appropriate people then got one back from Will yesterday thanking me and saying that everyones point were being noted with a view to improving things next year

Advertisement