Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Bon Iver and The War On Drugs to headline next year?

Two more boring headliners I could not think of

• Registered Users Posts: 11,667 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Wouldn't say no but say Bon Iver could have a headline gig here next year. Played Forbidden Fruit in 2017 and TWOD same in 2018, so might be too soon/playing a bit too safe i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Two more boring headliners I could not think of

Sigur Rós and The Killers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Future islands ready to headline I wonder?

Wouldn't say no but say Bon Iver could have a headline gig here next year. Played Forbidden Fruit in 2017 and TWOD same in 2018, so might be too soon/playing a bit too safe i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Zero chance of the Doors, keyboard player died a few years ago

Is the singer still going ?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Is the singer still going ?;)

Yeah, has released a new solo album this year. I think it's the same guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Where's this coming from?
    just throwing some names about. Two POD favourites, and BI have a new album out now, and TWOD probably will next year, and both would suit the festival.
    Eod100 wrote: »

POD like bringing the same acts back again and again though, and I don't think playing FF will make any difference to them being booked for ATN.
    I'd say BI will do their own headline tour before in winter/spring, before hitting the festivals next summer....

Quite possible that TWOD won't have their album out before next summer though, so won't be in the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭sporina

not a lover of Bon Iver at all - saw his in the 02 a few years ago and sound was soo off..

Now New Order and Sigor Ros would be cllllllllaaaaasssss....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Future islands ready to headline I wonder?

Now we're talking

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,123 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Hardly big enough to headline.

As much as I like them, they really only have one hit in about 15 years of making music

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

I dont think there will be a big big headliner next year. smaller names, cheaper tickets and a few other things thrown in to the mix on site

just throwing some names about. Two POD favourites, and BI have a new album out now, and TWOD probably will next year, and both would suit the festival.

POD like bringing the same acts back again and again though, and I don't think playing FF will make any difference to them being booked for ATN.
    I'd say BI will do their own headline tour before in winter/spring, before hitting the festivals next summer....

Quite possible that TWOD won't have their album out before next summer though, so won't be in the mix.

I just think it's a bit soon but get that they do the repeat acts alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

I love Bon Iver but I do not want to see them headline.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mrk75

Yeah, bit of a mixed bag all round. Traffic was just crazy on Friday. We made good progress till we hit that tail-back for the blue gate - even though we were headed for the red one. Lack of signage, no guards or stewards to tell people headed for the red gate to turn back, no signs to differentiate red from blue - it was just a nightmare in bumper-to-bumper traffic in that heat with a little one.

By the time we got the tent up after a couple of runs to and from the car and the airbeds up it was a few minutes into the Fontaines set - 12 hours after leaving home. They were great but really not worth all the annoyance and upset getting to that point.

The rest of the weekend was hit and miss. The kids area was great and we were there most of the time during the day but the bad weather sent us back to the tent both evenings except to come out for John Grant. With the cold and tired little one, we had to miss out on The National, who we love but I'm afraid the conditions pretty much beat us.

All in all...not cut out for this craic any more :-)

It's a young one's game nowadays...

The cans policy worked well, though. So, at least we weren't screwed for expensive pints to pile on the annoyance... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

Macdarack wrote: »
    Lads! You're all taking the wrong stuff, Irish magic mushrooms are the only way, closed loop festival enhancer, that's free to obtain, and free of criminality, and an anti-depressant, you leave a festival feeling better than when you went in. It's got such bad press for years from people who overloaded on them for their first and only time. The same as somebody dropping 10 Es on their first go.

yes yes but in July? they're not usually up at that time and they're a royal pain in the ass to find :0

I agree though..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Can we ixnay on the rugsday references please. I don't think this is the right place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

sweetie wrote: »
    Can we ixnay on the rugsday references please. I don't think this is the right place.

I'll have what sweetie is on please.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

Overall enjoyed the festival. We were blessed with the traffic, only a 40min delay getting in and Zero leaving. I'll definitely be back but might skip next year to see f they can get their act together.

It has teething problems and once inside, apart from the toilets, I thoroughly enjoyed everything. The layout, the vibe, the demographic are all right up my street. I found it like a great mix of EP and B&S all into one. With less shams, an ok amount of madouvits and nobody that messy.

I'm reluctant to be over critical of anything in particular but the PodPads Tepees were, for want of a better phrase, a rip-off. Having used the service at Body&Soul, this seemed like a watered down version, which cost more. The "tea and coffee facilities" - a small tent with a water boiler, a jar of cheap coffee and a dribble of milk in a carton. There were literally no staff, anywhere, apart from guarding the shower entrance. The campsite was over-packed with people and facilities in general were under-delivered. One drinking water station for everyone? Toilet hand sanitizer ran out on Friday and was never replenished. That's bad form. It a simple win and a bad management/planning failure for them to just ignore the fact they might run out.

Overall the festival size, demographic and ecclectic bunch of madsers was really up my street. I can't think of a festival layout and crowd that better suits my idea of what I want from a festival. I left thinking I'd definitely go back next year and many more years to go, but I cannot make my mind up whether I'd take the chance on Glamping again, or go back to basics and bring my own tent. So much so, I'm contemplating not going next year to see if they can get their act together.

Highlights: Jon Hopkins; Kojaque; Bombay Bicycle Club; Al Gibbs; Stevie G; Cian Finn...and, the most craic....even though I've no kids, I thought the George Fitzgerald Kids Rave was brilliant. It was lashing rain, the kids were having a ball and he played a load of well known party anthems so everyone was in great form. So many smiles and happy faces, if anything the rain made it better :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

sweetie wrote: »

The rugby references? Well we are all sad that Tommy Bowe wasnt at ATN selling yoghurt or whatever he does these days, but theres hardly been too much of it going on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

The rugby references? Well we are all sad that Tommy Bowe wasnt at ATN selling yoghurt or whatever he does these days, but theres hardly been too much of it going on?

Donncha was there! saw him roaring into a mic somewhere near arcadia direction on saturday afternoon/evening, I tried to say hello, my jaw had different ideas though, and my greeting ended up sounding something like "mmhrrrhrr don't ye"

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Donncha was there! saw him roaring into a mic somewhere near arcadia direction on saturday afternoon/evening, I tried to say hello, my jaw had different ideas though, and my greeting ended up sounding something like "mmhrrrhrr don't ye"

He was a brilliant rugby player. Not great at verbalising his thoughts though. Im sure hed understand

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

i actually winked at donncha o callaghan on Kildare Street the other day... I don't think he enjoyed it. Got the biggest 'WTF?' stare back

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    yes yes but in July? they're not usually up at that time and they're a royal pain in the ass to find :0

I agree though..

Pick them from late September to December, dry them thoroughly and put them in a sealed jar with a small pack of silica gel, they'll hold for 1_2 years. The job!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Leftfield DJ set in Cypress Avenue, Oct 26th (a Saturday)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Hoboo

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    i actually winked at donncha o callaghan on Kildare Street the other day... I don't think he enjoyed it. Got the biggest 'WTF?' stare back

Had to read that twice, you didn't wink the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Any whispers on early bird tickets for next year yet?

Nothing yet afaik. Did a quick google and least year announcement was made on the 17th with tickets on sale 20th. Guess they were capitalising on the great reviews. Think it would make a bit more sense to wait a couple of weeks but can see why they would be keen to get their tickets out ahead of EP's too, say.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'd say more likely December or the New Year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭sporina

I am aware of all the issues with the fest this year and those who were adversely affected have my sympathy, but I had one of the best weekend of my life - this is thanks to amazing local mates who put us up and drove us in and out every day and the line up had our names alllll over it - we had to pick and choose big time..

But the one thing I have to say is "sustainability" my eye!!!! My god, when I think of the time I spent choosing a reusable water bottle and coffee cup - only to be served beer in plastic and coffee was being sole in gallons in non compostable/disposable cups.. wtf

Advertisement