Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

You canna blame the wasps for being curious, ATN inhabited their habitat and are bombarding them with sound systems and thousands and thousands of people, if you were a wasp would you not be intrigued.

We named them all

• Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

One of my top highlights Yankari, Sunday I decided to investigate some of the smaller stages.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

sporina wrote: »
    lol... yeah... i guess.. he actually said "and your the one on stage!!"..

I dunno - I don't think she shudda said it - an artist should never belittle their audience..

didn't hear her saying that she was also an attention seeker ... guess i was too preoccupied with the bear.. he was disgusted.
    Glad you enjoyed it but she wrrrreckkked my head... she is defo an attention seeker.. (kinda puts what she said to the bear into context though).. glad she said so.... i was there to hear her play and sing.. not the blah blah blah that was coming out of her mouth..

I like when artists speak to the audience - good engagement etc.. but I felt it was all about HER.. "love at me and listen to me, aren't i great".. grrr..

But each to their own..

She's good looking though.....so there's that!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Granite Head

One of my top highlights Yangkari, Sunday I decided to investigate some of the smaller stages.

Stumbled on Yankari too - wasn't part of our plans but ended up staying an hour & half they were that good.

2024 Gigs and Events: Jarlath Regan, Depeche Mode, Roisin Murphy, Pip Blom, Nouvelle Vogue, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Murder Capital, Pixies, The Stranglers, Liam Gallagher & John Squires, The Jesus & Mary Chain, DJ Shadow, Cam Cole, Fight Like Apes, The Hives, Somebody's Child, Kacey Musgraves, Sprints, Nadine Shah, Jane Weaver, Bob Log lll, Jimmy Carr, Richard Hawley, Beyond The Pale, LCD Sound System, Patti Smith, Night & Day Festival, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, The Beat, All Together Now, Electric Picnic, Bonny Prince Billy, Phospherescant, Ride, Dirt Birds, Arab Strap, Tommy Tiernan, The Last Dinner Party, John Grant, Iron & Wine x2, Therapy, Ezra Collective, Nick Cave, Peter Hook & The Light, Idles, Khruangbin, Lightning Seeds, Fontaines DC, Amble

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭mojesius

I had a hape of meetings in work today and bumbled my way through them making up new words like an idiot. Did a lot of agreement nodding as well.

Thanks fcuk it's Friday tomorrow. If I look after myself over the weekend, there's a slight chance I'll be back to normal by Monday 😀

• Advertisement

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    lol me too. Feckin Reeling in the Years nearly set me off yesterday lol. Great little country booohooooo

Same. Its happy tears though. People being nice to each other seems to set me off the most. I was watching some random sci fi show and two people wished each other luck before going into battle. Obviously that moment was written to be a huge tear jerker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    lol me too. Feckin Reeling in the Years nearly set me off yesterday lol. Great little country booohooooo

Haha brilliant- I was sitting next to my partner (who didnt go) this evening and I broke down at all the people who were unemployed in 1981.

I'm still crying here- thats why I'm in the room in my laptop!

You have cheered me up knowing that I'm not the only one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

You canna blame the wasps for being curious, ATN inhabited their habitat and are bombarding them with sound systems and thousands and thousands of people, if you were a wasp would you not be intrigued.

Man, dont talk about the welfare of the wasps and how we ignorantly invaded their habitat - I'll have another wave of tears

• Registered Users Posts: 39 BlaaEater

Man, dont talk about the welfare of the wasps and how we ignorantly invaded their habitat - I'll have another wave of tears

They’re uhhh a real buzzkill....

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

MadYaker wrote: »
    They won’t increase the capacity again because the local council and gardai won’t allow it after this years sh!t show. If they want to get a license at all for next year they’ll probably have to reduce the capacity.

It sounds like the doubling of the attendance is where the problems came from. I wonder was that down to greed or they did they make a loss last year and subsequently had to make a decent profit this year to balance the books.

Brother in law is a guard in Waterford , the story about them not paying the local GAA lads to do the traffic last year is true. GAA lads said **** ye so to doing it this year.

Fairly lousey carry on by ATN organisers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Jaysus, brain zaps sound ****ing nasty. How hard do ye have to be into stuff to get them?

Ill keep my raw throat from weed and sick stomach from whiskey thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭aziz

Brother in law is a guard in Waterford , the story about them not paying the local GAA lads to do the traffic last year is true. GAA lads said **** ye so to doing it this year.

If true that could throw a major spanner in the works for the organisers,Portlaw is a small place but the locals will stick together and could object to the festival getting any bigger.
    ****ing over the local gaa club is a lousy thing to do

• Registered Users Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Jaysus, brain zaps sound ****ing nasty. How hard do ye have to be into stuff to get them?

Ill keep my raw throat from weed and sick stomach from whiskey thanks very much.

I think its from the mdma but im not sure. If I do it more than 2 nights in a row I get the brain zaps for a few days. I developed a twitch after body and soul last year which was a first and I had it again after glasto this year, I think thats from the acid but it could be mdma as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I think its from the mdma but im not sure. If I do it more than 2 nights in a row I get the brain zaps for a few days. I developed a twitch after body and soul last year which was a first and I had it again after glasto this year, I think thats from the acid but it could be mdma as well.

The twitch is acid.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fillup

D.Q wrote: »

The twitch is acid.

Pee on some litmus paper to be on the safe side

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

So I sent an email to ATN with some feedback, both positive and negative.

Kinda surprised but they actually got back to me. Thanking me for the feedback and they will take the points on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭sporina

RINO87 wrote: »
    Felt so sorry for him during that gig.

yeah totally, but you know, at his talk in all curious minds, he more or less said that the tent in which he was about to do his gig in would not be an ideal venue - open tent and all that.. with noise bleed, potential bad weather etc...
    the gang in for shelter didn't help for sure - but I think he was more concerned about his equipment that about the gig sounded for the real fans present.. at the gig he said something along the lines of.. "I really want this gig to go ahead (the rain getting into the tent was really putting his equipment at risk) - but i am not willing to damage my synthesizers"..
    thankfully the gazebo seemed to have worked..

yep... thats the sceal..

local stewards were not paid either hence the majority of those there didn't know a lot about the area.. (had to ask 3 of them about the werabouts of the pick up point before I got a definitive answer)..

I can understand why the GAA decided not to help out... but it was to the detriment of local businesses and those who needed spins to and from the festival... (not to mention how it affected festival goers)

Local politics played a role in it too apparently.. some didn't want the congestion..

I can imagine the war at local meetings in the run up to the fest.. ekk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭RINO87

Same. Its happy tears though. People being nice to each other seems to set me off the most. I was watching some random sci fi show and two people wished each other luck before going into battle. Obviously that moment was written to be a huge tear jerker.

It's my favourite music gets me.... Was reading about the possible Jon Anderson gig in the Olympia earlier so three some Yes on the headphones in work.... Tears of pure joy streaming down my face!!! Jesus I love Yes!!

Anyway never mentioned it earlier. Cheers to folks on here that recommended Tourist. Really enjoyed that gig. Also the Sunday night Red Box party at all my friends. What a session!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Just reading that back reminds me why I only do this stuff at festivals! It's probably just because I'm getting older.

• Advertisement

RINO87 wrote: »
    Had a ball! Look it wasn't last year and it was never going to be..... The picture of the googly eyes in the trees there made me look back at my own photos's from last year and realize just how goddamn lucky we were to be there!!!

Didn't experience traffic problems - Was driving from Cork, and went thru Kilmacthomas to Blue gate.
    Was camping in Both Sides Now so did not experience any of the problems that people mentioned in the other campsite. Both Sides Now was a great place to camp, I dont get this whole "but we didnt know it was there" craic. It was on the map, look it up!

There was a good bunch of us there this year, most of us were there last year, but some not. All agreed we'd go again.

was this the overflow campsite?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭RINO87

It was close enough to the overflow campsite last year, but I wouldn't have considered it overflow this year... We got there around 3-4 on Friday and it was open. Quiet but open. Fully serviced with toilets/showers/food/a bar. It was on the map too so again it wasn't overflow, it was just another campsite.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,726 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Kinda surprised but they actually got back to me. Thanking me for the feedback and they will take the points on board.

I reckon they must have a generic template set up, but still nice to get acknowledged all the same.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Are they going to send an electrician round to fix the damage they did to MadYakers Brain?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I think the idea of an "overflow campsite" was some kind of festival-wide urban legend. Heard the phrase a couple of times over the weekend and on this thread but the Both Sides Now campsite definitely had loads of space for more tents so I can't imagine there was need for any "overflow" space.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    I think the idea of an "overflow campsite" was some kind of festival-wide urban legend. Heard the phrase a couple of times over the weekend and on this thread but the Both Sides Now campsite definitely had loads of space for more tents so I can't imagine there was need for any "overflow" space.

cool was just wondering - i wasn't camping myself - anyone know the name of the coffee van that was in that campsite? apparently they had amazing brownies...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Some of the best techno I've ever heard. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Finally got around to catching up with this forum, having enjoyed the WhatsApp banter during the festival and then hiding under a rock with the fear after it!

In the words of Frank the Tank ‘I had an awesome time’!

Sure the traffic was pants and the queue to tangerine fields was entirely avoidable, but damn it I just really enjoy this festival. The laid back vibe, the location, the lala poutine and the line up all made for a great weekend. Was it better than last year? Perhaps not, but it wasn’t far off for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Some of the best techno I've ever heard. :)

Bit too hard for my liking. Arcadia was class though. Someone was playing "Hit the road Jack" at one stage :pac: Or:la finishing out on Sunday night my personal highlight. Some banging tunes.... work, work, work, oh......

• Advertisement

Advertisement