Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    See Mandela was fighting state sanctioned Apartheid, Anti-fa aren't. Which is why we're laughing at the comparison.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/briannasacks/ice-detention-attack-killed-washington-antifa-manifesto
    Em, you seem to be missing the point here.

Mandela supported an actual bombing campaign which killed civilians.

Antifa do no such thing and you've offered precisely zero evidence to the contrary.

Now, you seem to have set yourself up as a Mandela admirer - as am I.

But, what about the bombs?

Surely, given your obvious hatred for Antifa, who are extremely mild in comparison, how can you with a straight face simultaneously claim to admire Mandela, a man who actually did support an actual bombing campaign?

By the way, you do seem to have missed the last four years of Trump and his rhetoric.

The travel ban was indeed state sanctioned apartheid - discriminating against people because of their religion is exactly that.

And then there's the whole naked racism stuff - you know, the whole "send her back", immigrants are snakes, "infestations", "invasions", the inciting of white supremacism, the anti-Semitism, the Nazis are very fine people, the constant demonisation of non-whites into the other - the exact technique used in Nazi Germany and in all fascist regimes.

Of course you don't think there's a problem - you're white, you'll never be affected, and you can't comprehend why anybody would ever think differently to you - I mean we saw another thread tonight were you said that any outrage at that picture of those white mounted police pulling a black man along on a rope was "fake" - I mean why would anybody bother to write anything here at all, when you already know everybody's real thoughts! Why should anybody else think when you can think for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Whatever. It's off topic anyway so I'm not bothered going into it.

"The discussion isn't what I want it to be so I'm just trolling since facts are hard"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

snowblind wrote: »
    For you it's clearly not since you are fascist trolling. Other people prefer fact based stuff but I get it, you're a **** stirrer and proud of your lack of argumentation skills.

Quote where Ive been "fascist trolling"

You are the bullsh1tter here,blind boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    No offence, but you've offered nothing there except an unhinged rant.

The best pot calling the kettle black ive seen in a long time:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    The best pot calling the kettle black ive seen in a long time:pac:
    Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Quote where Ive been "fascist trolling"

You are the bullsh1tter here,blind boy.
    "The discussion isn't what I want it to be so I'm just trolling since facts are hard"
    For you it's clearly not since you are fascist trolling. Other people prefer fact based stuff but I get it, you're a **** stirrer and proud of your lack of argumentation skills.
    What can one do other than laugh in the face of such nonsense.
    I'm really surprised you're not leading a crack debating team at the Oxford Union with well constructed arguments like this, which don't make you look like a complete moron at all. :D

This nonsense posting stops now. Argue the topic, do not insult other posters. If this continues, there will be cards.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Sorry to interrupt.

What is the correct pronunciation of Antifa? Trump was just on the telly there and called it 'Ann-tea-fa'. Is that right?

I think it's Auntie-fah

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Em, you seem to be missing the point here.

Mandela supported an actual bombing campaign which killed civilians.

Antifa do no such thing and you've offered precisely zero evidence to the contrary.

Now, you seem to have set yourself up as a Mandela admirer - as am I.

But, what about the bombs?

Surely, given your obvious hatred for Antifa, who are extremely mild in comparison, how can you with a straight face simultaneously claim to admire Mandela, a man who actually did support an actual bombing campaign?

By the way, you do seem to have missed the last four years of Trump and his rhetoric.

The travel ban was indeed state sanctioned apartheid - discriminating against people because of their religion is exactly that.

And then there's the whole naked racism stuff - you know, the whole "send her back", immigrants are snakes, "infestations", "invasions", the inciting of white supremacism, the anti-Semitism, the Nazis are very fine people, the constant demonisation of non-whites into the other - the exact technique used in Nazi Germany and in all fascist regimes.

Of course you don't think there's a problem - you're white, you'll never be affected, and you can't comprehend why anybody would ever think differently to you - I mean we saw another thread tonight were you said that any outrage at that picture of those white mounted police pulling a black man along on a rope was "fake" - I mean why would anybody bother to write anything here at all, when you already know everybody's real thoughts! Why should anybody else think when you can think for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've heard both
    ann-tea-faa (the's how I myself pronounce it)
    antee-fah is also used

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Breivik, New Zealand, The one last week, countless others. They have written their delusional nazi pamphlets before their mass murders, if you haven't done the research maybe you don't have an informed opinion. They're nazis, they want to eradicate human populations based on their skin colour and/or birth country. Sounds like it's all cool with you.

We were talking about America and then you jump to New Zealand and Norway as examples, try to focus or maybe we should accept dishonest debate tactics from you at this stage.
    Are you now calling me a nazi !?

SexBobomb wrote: »
    We were talking about America and then you jump to New Zealand and Norway as examples, try to focus or maybe we should accept dishonest debate tactics from you at this stage.
    Are you now calling me a nazi !?

I think the latter is the case, clear for all to see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

My previous reply to you really touched a nerve, didn't it - so much so that all you have is to repeat it back to me.

Well done.

It does however prove that facts are a wee bit inconvenient for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Man arrested brandashing a gun in El Paso. His truck had trump memes, ted cruz and infowars all over it. He was wearing gloves, knife and guns.

The location was outside a community centre. This centre is one of the locations Andy Ngo claimed antifa were going to "siege". None of this is true of course but these right wing grifters are putting a lot of people in a danger and will get them killed.

My previous reply to you really touched a nerve, didn't it - so much so that all you have is to repeat it back to me.

Well done.

It does however prove that facts are a wee bit inconvenient for you.
    The irony of your post will be lost on you won't it.

Andy Ngo is tweeting the handles of all the left wing people the Dayton killer interacted with, has written a quillette article about them:

It’s Not Your Imagination: The Journalists Writing About Antifa Are Often Their Cheerleaders

The "patriot prayer" member Ian Kramer who broke a girls vertebra was arrested. Andy Ngo was part of the mob who attacked her.

Ngo raised 200k after claiming to have a brain hemmorage from the punch he received on Portland. No proof this happened and plenty of proof to the contrary.

Still consider this guy a journalist?
    He's part of it.

Grifter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭MarquisDeSad

20Cent wrote: »
    Andy Ngo is tweeting the handles of all the left wing people the Dayton killer interacted with, has written a quillette article about them:

It’s Not Your Imagination: The Journalists Writing About Antifa Are Often Their Cheerleaders

The "patriot prayer" member Ian Kramer who broke a girls vertebra was arrested. Andy Ngo was part of the mob who attacked her.

Ngo raised 200k after claiming to have a brain hemmorage from the punch he received on Portland. No proof this happened and plenty of proof to the contrary.

Still consider this guy a journalist?
    He's part of it.

Grifter.

Most certainly a grifter.

Not sure why you posted in an Antifa thread about this.
    Isn't there a Trump Derangement Syndrome thread around here somewhere?

Trump posing with a victim of a shooting someone else did - bad
    Obama posing with a disabled soldier sent to Afghanistan on his orders - fine

VY5-N55-KEJ5-CKZIGI2-FTKNHP5-CE.jpg
    "If it weren't for you, Mr President, I would have had my legs still"

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Antifa attack journalist in Portland.

<SNIP>

Grifter.

But there was evidence he was punched, it was on the first post.

biko wrote: »
    Not sure why you posted in an Antifa thread about this.
    Isn't there a Trump Derangement Syndrome thread around here somewhere?

Trump posing with a victim of a shooting someone else did - bad
    Obama posing with a disabled soldier sent to Afghanistan on his orders - fine

<SNIP>
    "If it weren't for you, Mr President, I would have had my legs still"

But OBAMAAAAAA!

seriously when is that going to stop being a defence for Trump doing ****ty things?

they/them/theirs

SexBobomb wrote: »
    But there was evidence he was punched, it was on the first post.

He was punched its the brain hemmorage claim thats not true. He was out of hospital hours later. No one with a brain bleed would be released from hospital and on tv giving interviews the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,286 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

He was punched its the brain hemmorage claim thats not true. He was out of hospital hours later. No one with a brain bleed would be released from hospital and on tv giving interviews the next day.

Still though, 200K. you nearly have to admire that level of enterprise.

Still though, 200K. you nearly have to admire that level of enterprise.

The far right are the most gullible audience ever.
    A big part of me still believes trumps run for president started as a campaign to gether up a giant mailing list of gullible fools to sell stuff to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Brian? wrote: »
    But OBAMAAAAAA!

seriously when is that going to stop being a defence for Trump doing ****ty things?

When people stop treating Obama like he was a saint when he was just as bad as Trump, if not worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@DanDan6592 and hill16bhoy - yellow cards for ignoring mod instruction to cut it out.

dudara

But OBAMAAAAAA!

Presidents kiss babies and visits people, it's what they do.
    Antifa and Proud Boys fight, it's what they do.

Lisa Glass (the account that posted above) is an avid Hillary support, she tries to score political points with fauxrage, it's what people do.

Lisa Glass (the account that posted above) is an avid Hillary support, she tries to score political points with fauxrage, it's what people do.

Is the photo fake?
    They look like they are congratulating someone.
    She is in hospital because of the hate trump stirred up you think they would have some humility. The video of his visit is all about trump not the victims. It's a campaign video.

You managed to fit Hilary in as well. Well played sir, you're only missing "liberal mainstream media" for a full house.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 40,286 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Is it just my imagination or does that look like a really bad photoshop job?

But OBAMAAAAAA!

It's not a defence. It's to point out a double standard that exists.

• Advertisement

It's not a defence. It's to point out a double standard that exists.

What double standard exactly? Who's on here cheerleading for Obama?

they/them/theirs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement