Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

I presume Greg will make an appearance in Croker over the next week or 2 to mark his incredible achievement tonight...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I presume Greg will make an appearance in Croker over the next week or 2 to mark his incredible achievement tonight...

Lowrey got a standing ovation last Saturday when he arrived in with the trophy.

I doubt Greg will merit even the standing, never mind the ovation.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

25k for over a weeks "work". He deserves a pat on the back any.

TBH first time every watching it and I just can't understand the draw to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I seen 2 different women out on the roads driving tractors yesterday. One was bringing in a load of turf behind her TS90 in through a gate to the back of a house. Was a tight enough squeeze in a housing estate to get in. Fine looking turf too wherever she got it. The second women then was pulling out of a field in another NH with a fusion on the back after baling.

I think it's the first time I've seen 2 different women on the one day at the tractor driving, and I don't ever recall seeing one baling before. Fair ****s to the 2 of them. There should be plenty more at it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

I seen 2 different women out on the roads driving tractors yesterday. One was bringing in a load of turf behind her TS90 in through a gate to the back of a house. Was a tight enough squeeze in a housing estate to get in. Fine looking turf too wherever she got it. The second women then was pulling out of a field in another NH with a fusion on the back after baling.

I think it's the first time I've seen 2 different women on the one day at the tractor driving, and I don't ever recall seeing one baling before. Fair ****s to the 2 of them. There should be plenty more at it

My OH always drove the tractor and double chop here for the silage and drew grain 10 miles from the combine during the harvest and that was in the 80s.
    Hate to admit it but she was a better driver than I was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,539 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Contractor who bales here is a family operation.
    Son mows and rows, father bales, daughter wraps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

When my FIL worked on a mine in Australia, they preferred women drivers on the trucks as they were less severe on the clutch and gearbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TheFarrier

Local girl here drives the 50foot rake for her fathers outfit. Serious pilot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

When my FIL worked on a mine in Australia, they preferred women drivers on the trucks as they were less severe on the clutch and gearbox.

More Irish girls driving water trucks and sucker trucks around Sydneys big projects at the minute, maybe they just have a better nerve than us lads to drive around the city or maybe they can pass the breatho easier. Saying that werl were in the smoko crib last week and everything was calm and relaxing everybody had the head down no work talk it was grand then one of the lady HR drivers came in and would not stop talking about work and whos on what truck doing what job that day a bit of a headwreck so it was.

Better living everyone

“Boris Johnson clashes with Irish PM Leo Varadkar over Brexit backstop in first talks“

Headline from Sky News.

Damn that makes me so angry. How bloody hard would it be to show a little respect and call him by his title. He’s our Taoiseach, not our bloody PM. It’s so bloody pathetically condensing of the British to repeatedly do that.

I hope their stupid country is plunged back to the dark ages over their pig headed Brexit and they have to live like the ignorant peasants they really are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I was like when Margaret Thatcher always pronounced Charles Haughey, Charles 'Hockey'. Deliberately, of course.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

_Brian wrote: »
    “Boris Johnson clashes with Irish PM Leo Varadkar over Brexit backstop in first talks“

Headline from Sky News.

Damn that makes me so angry. How bloody hard would it be to show a little respect and call him by his title. He’s our Taoiseach, not our bloody PM. It’s so bloody pathetically condensing of the British to repeatedly do that.

I hope their stupid country is plunged back to the dark ages over their pig headed Brexit and they have to live like the ignorant peasants they really are.

Is that Sky news Ireland, or Sky news for the UK?

If its for UK - then I don't really mind, maybe its better its translated so everyone knows.

Is that Sky news Ireland, or Sky news for the UK?

If its for UK - then I don't really mind, maybe its better its translated so everyone knows.

How is it better ??
    Really, they can’t learn and remember to use one single word that represents the leader of the closest country to them and a huge trading partner ?!

Arse, it’s a constant underhand slight and it’s disgusting that they continue on and on with such petty behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

How is it better ??
    Really, they can’t learn and remember to use one single word that represents the leader of the closest country to them and a huge trading partner ?!

Arse, it’s a constant underhand slight and it’s disgusting that they continue on and on with such petty behaviour.

Ok, now, lets say they have one word - Taoiseach

What about Simon Coveney - what should they call him? :p

Ah, it doesn't bother me. Am sure lots of places have titles that we use translations for... I think we have bigger issues to be honest...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Tileman

What are people buying 4x4 barley straw for off field not including transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭roosterman71

roosterbaby born yesterday morning. 6lbs 11.5ozs. Everyone doing good. Mrs. is in a blind panic about everything the little lad does. To be expected I guess

I think I can upgrade roosterbaby to rooster-toddler today. Lad started walking between us for the first time. Been going around the place with a box a blender came in for the last 6 weeks or more, but now he seems confident to go it alone. We're screwed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,365 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

One of the kids was playing in an under 12 Gaelic play off. Our team put 13 players out at the start. They have been playing 13 a side all year. The other team put out 11. They had plenty of subs. Our manager asked them what the story was and the other manager took out a rule book and we played 11 aside. Thought it was a bad way to start a game. Would it normally be 11 or 13 a side? We won anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Headline from Sky News.

Ironic??? Are you just looking for something to get offended at?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

whelan2 wrote: »
    One of the kids was playing in an under 12 Gaelic play off. Our team put 13 players out at the start. They have been playing 13 a side all year. The other team put out 11. They had plenty of subs. Our manager asked them what the story was and the other manager took out a rule book and we played 11 aside. Thought it was a bad way to start a game. Would it normally be 11 or 13 a side? We won anyway

It's a while now since any of my lads were U12 but I remember in the Go Games format something about 11 a side at a minimum. I think you can play 13 a side if both managers agree.
    I expect the reason the opposing team wanted the lower number is to try an field as strong a team as possible.

Off on a few days break- fecking cattle know too.

Was doing a few things and ended up home late and say an owl on an out building. Didn’t get good enough look to identify it. Pretty big.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Was doing a few things and ended up home late and say an owl on an out building. Didn’t get good enough look to identify it. Pretty big.

Theres a couple flying around here at might. They make the oddest noises (and definitely not toowhit toowho variety etc) . If you didnt know where the noise came from - you'd imagine there were strange monsters or something lol

Ironic??? Are you just looking for something to get offended at?

No, it’s jist one of the things that really erks me.
    Maybe I’m just a cranky old bollox who needs more sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

No, it’s jist one of the things that really erks me.

Maybe they have difficulty with pronunciation and take the easier option. Inflections in words.

WHY ENGLISH IS SO HARD TO LEARN

We must polish the Polish furniture.
    He could lead if he would get the lead out.
    The farm was used to produce produce.
    The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
    The soldier decided to desert in the desert.
    This was a good time to present the present.
    A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
    When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
    I did not object to the object.
    The insurance was invalid for the invalid.
    The bandage was wound around the wound.
    There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row.
    They were too close to the door to close it.
    The buck does funny things when the does are present.
    They sent a sewer down to stitch the tear in the sewer line.
    To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.
    The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
    After a number of injections my jaw got number.
    Upon seeing the tear in my clothes I shed a tear.
    I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.
    How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?
    I read it once and will read it again
    I learned much from this learned treatise.
    I was content to note the content of the message.
    The Blessed Virgin blessed her. Blessed her richly.
    It's a bit wicked to over-trim a short wicked candle.
    If he will absent himself we mark him absent.
    I incline toward bypassing the incline.

http://spellingsociety.org/uploaded_misc/poems-online-misc-1419940069.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 9,689 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Sounds like a Barn Owl - great to have around for obvious reasons but sadly a lot rarer nowadays like alot of traditional farmland flora and fauna

Plenty of bales of straw in Dundalk from the view in the hotel.

Dublin zoo yesterday- was wedgEd. Small lad spent more time looking at the animals outside the cages.

Off to the giants causeway this morning and hopefully ulster folk museum.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭marathon

Is it ok to burn scrub or is it illegal? Briars etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

marathon wrote: »
    Is it ok to burn scrub or is it illegal? Briars etc

Illegal until 1st september

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭marathon

wrangler wrote: »
    Illegal until 1st september
    Ah Jaysus that’s long wait

• Registered Users Posts: 29,365 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

How long does it normally take for soil sample results. Sent samples 2 weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭148multi

marathon wrote: »
    Ah Jaysus that’s long wait

Could be the cheaper option

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement