Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,078 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Hopefully Wexford win tomorrow and we'll have a cracker of an all Ireland.

Just for today... Go on the Cats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

kk.man wrote: »
    He is not making it up. I am doing a fenching job atm. My fencher can't source good imported stakes.

For luck I got them just in time in another county. I'd say they are all gone in that place now.

Bought a bundle of 95 on Saturday in Fermanagh. 30 year guarantee, supposedly.
    Seriously strong creosote smell/layer on them.
    Seller said they are waiting for more, but they sell as quick as they can source them.
    100mm X 1800mm were 7.25 euro plus VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,688 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Cody, what a legend?

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Cody, what a legend!

Ah you could knock that question mark off.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

whelan2 wrote: »
    A what ?

Type of tine harrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,059 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Reggie. wrote: »
    It's a palatine

Not everyone heard of a palatine, einbock is better known

https://www.donedeal.ie/harrows-for-sale/palatine-3m-gh120-grass-harrow/22376052

Do those harrows have a 6mm tine?

Yea, they're well made by a guy working in his garage

wrangler wrote: »
    Yea, they're well made by a guy working in his garage

The organic growers use a 6mm tine harrow for weeding potatoes. The 8mm is no good apparently. 6mm moves and oscillates more.

No an 8mm

• Advertisement

The organic growers use a 6mm tine harrow for weeding potatoes. The 8mm is no good apparently. 6mm moves and oscillates more.

Ya need the 8mm to stitch in and Rip the grass. A 6mm is too light but it suits weeding better

Ya need the 8mm to stitch in and Rip the grass. A 6mm is too light but it suits weeding better

They're not the job I think, I should've bought a powered machine, seed is too prone to drought, would've got a reasonable powered machine for the same money.
    If I had the ten acres reseeded and it grew at the same rate as this reseed they're wouldn't be a hope of the 200 sheep keeping the grass under control

No an 8mm

Sorry you're right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Dozer1

Was at croker today Limerick left it too long to get going but in fairness played with real character. Some of our top lads disappointed and poor wides. That said it's left a sour taste with the 65 at the end we didn't get. Thought the ref didn't give us much but we can't blame him for loosing. Next year only around the corner.

wrangler wrote: »
    They're not the job I think, I should've bought a powered machine, seed is too prone to drought, would've got a reasonable powered machine for the same money.
    If I had the ten acres reseeded and it grew at the same rate as this reseed they're wouldn't be a hope of the 200 sheep keeping the grass under control

Big difference in last year and this years growth

It's mainly a stitching in tool. That's why I've the powerharrow aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Dozer1 wrote: »
    Was at croker today Limerick left it too long to get going but in fairness played with real character. Some of our top lads disappointed and poor wides. That said it's left a sour taste with the 65 at the end we didn't get. Thought the ref didn't give us much but we can't blame him for loosing. Next year only around the corner.

That's what we said and though last year when ye bet us in the final and we looked a million miles away this year. Hard to get the hunger up again for 1 or 2 years after winning an AI. Gavin keeps freshening up things with Dublin as he has the bodies no more than Cody used to do with that exceptional squad he had.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

That was a strange half of hurling

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭Grueller

ganmo wrote: »
    That was a strange half of hurling

At the game here and thought it was a really good spectacle. I hope to God I think the same in 50 minutes time.

Sitting on a bench with a beer at thd local agri show.
    Two ladies of a certain age chatting beside me about young ones and college..
    "You know Mary's youngest lassie, she's starting in college.
    Doing film making or arts or some damn thing.
    God, in our day you'd only go to be a Teacher or a Doctor, or , worst case, a Dentist" ! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Better book a room in the berlington. That ref needs a good chat with himself

• Advertisement

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    God, in our day you'd only go to be a Teacher or a Doctor, or , worst case, a Dentist" ! :D:D

Arva?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

davidk1394 wrote: »

Ya he lost track of the game after the sending off

• Registered Users Posts: 10,688 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

davidk1394 wrote: »

Ref didn't do Tipp any favours, but if you look back at most of those dodgy decisions, he was technically right every time.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Ref didn't do Tipp any favours, but if you look back at most of those dodgy decisions, he was technically right every time.

That last call against Tipp though was brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,932 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Was the show any good, intended going but ...

Was the show any good, intended going but ...

Yes Arva. Was a good little show, for a wonder, they got a good day. It seems to have got rained out a lot lately.
    Although I only live up the road , haven't been for a few years.
    Last time went with some good friends, one of whom died since..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,155 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Must have passed you on the way into the tent and didn’t see you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Went for a bit of a walk today!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,104 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Thanks be to God that love island crap is finished tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

whelan2 wrote: »
    Thanks be to God that love island crap is finished tonight

Don't pretend you're not watching it!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement