Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswoman states America should be "more fearful of white men"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    Firstly, the term concentration camp is not confined to the concentration camps/ and eventual Extermination camps in Germany. Concentration camps have existed in numerous countries. Just use Google

You know damn well what they're doing with this Concentration Camp bull****. They're desperately trying to tie to this to Nazi Germany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    You know damn well what they're doing with this Concentration Camp bull****. They're desperately trying to tie to this to Nazi Germany.

If anything, more people would tend to associate them with concentration camps that Japanese people were placed in during the war in the US. (FDR called them concentration camps FYI)

batgoat wrote: »
    If anything, more people would tend to associate them with concentration camps that Japanese people were placed in during the war in the US. (FDR called them concentration camps FYI)

Oh. You mean when the Democrats rounded up the Asians?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

they have been reffered to as Japanese internment camps by most publications, the prefix concentration has been reserved almost exclusively for the nazi camps in any modern context. This is very much an attempt to perpetuate the link between donald trump and nazi'ism and thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

As usual lies and half-truths.

1) Sanders is not a communist;
    2) Harris's father is Jamaican - she's half Indian-American;
    3) The level of mental gymnastics that relates A$AP Rocky to illegal immigration is immense.

1. Sure he isn’t.

3. Okay. Fair enough. You’re having a hard time understanding. I get it.

• Advertisement

And? I think that was a pretty atrocious thing to do so I'm pretty consistent on the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Personally not what I would have thought - for me concentration camp would immediately make me think of Nazi Germany. I'd be thinking the majority would too.
    Not saying that technically etc - but it's the most common use I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

And? I think that was a pretty atrocious thing to do so I'm pretty consistent on the subject.

You mean you're not taking sides :) and everything one side does is good and the other side does is bad. Interesting approach!

I see the Youtube videos have started early.

Democrats are the last people to talk about Concentration camps since they actually put people in Concentration camps. Tells what a biased media otherwise they would have been called out on that by now.

Democrats are the last people to talk about Concentration camps since they actually put people in Concentration camps. Tells what a biased media otherwise they would have been called out on that by now.

Okay so you're accepting one as concentration camps but not the other? Odd... The Japanese camps have been frequently referenced during the discussions. Nobody has forgotten about them or anything.

• Advertisement

Okay so you're accepting one as concentration camps but not the other? Odd...

If Democrats want to claim these are Concentration camps then they should acknowledge that they did the same thing.

Japanese internment camps were not concentration camps, while semantically im sure the dictionary definition of concentration camps may fit but lets be realistic, when people use the prefix concentration it conjures images of an inescapable prison where you will be starved or gassed to death.

The Japanese internment camps were not this
    the ICE detention centers are not this

Likewise FDR turned back a ship full of Jews fleeing nazi Germany, because they thought that they could contain nazi spies.

Imagine that. A democratic president turned back a ship full of Jews fleeing nazi Germany. Most of them then went onto die in actual concentration camps.

The Democrats won’t tell you that though.

Their hypocrisy knows no bounds.

And then you got sanders on cnn calling trump a racist for his comments on Baltimore. When he was making the same comment when he was running last time. Wow.

I’d put up a video…

mad muffin wrote: »
    Likewise FDR turned back a ship full of Jews fleeing nazi Germany, because they thought that they could contain nazi spies.

Imagine that. A democratic president turned back a ship full of Jews fleeing nazi Germany. Most of them then went onto die in actual concentration camps.

The treatment of Jews and unwillingness to take refugees is once again not forgotten at all.

if you really look back at history , the 30s and 40s were a pretty bad time for jews in most of the world, one regime just took it much further than the others and so everyone opened their arms to the jews after the war and hoped everyone would forgive and forget that they too werent the fondest of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Their hypocrisy knows no bounds.

If Nancy Pelosi or any other Democrat was putting Japanese people into concentration camps back in the 40s, they should resign in disgrace.

The treatment of Jews and unwillingness to take refugees is once again not forgotten at all.

It is when you start comparing and calling the border detention camps (cages that the Obama administration built. They didn’t build proper building but cages) to concentration camps. And the mostly Latino boarder agents to nazis.
    If Nancy Pelosi or any other Democrat was putting Japanese people into concentration camps back in the 40s, they should resign in disgrace.

First learn from your own history before you get up on that high and mighty horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Trump’s chess match continues. After successfully making Tlaib and her squad the face of the democrat party he pulls off a flanking maneuver. Now he's making urban decay the second face of the Democratic party in an attack on Trump hater Congressman Elijah Cummings, showcasing his district as the urban blight and rat-infested hellhole it is… and telling him to go to his district and use the massive amounts given there to fix things and remove corruption. It’s the effect of many urban blighted districts and cities that remain in shambles due to decades of Democratic rule. And the videos of the Baltimore residents decrying the Democratic area's neglect is absolutely deadly. Of course democrats are yelling 'racism,' as that’s all they got. But people are starting to tire of the party who cries wolf over everything, because if everything is racist then nothing is racist. And once again it forces Pelosi to defend the indefensible. Democrats feebly try to focus on other things they feel is important like saving the earth by banning plastic straws or offering free health care to every illegal border jumper, but they are once again ignoring middle America. Just goes to show Trump not only means to beat his democratic opponents, he intends to destroy them.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

It is when you start comparing and calling the border detention camps (cages that the Obama administration built. They didn’t build proper building but cages) to concentration camps. And the mostly Latino boarder agents to nazis.

First learn from your own history before you get up on that high and mighty horse.

Smacks of a deliberate downplaying of the holocaust to compare ICE centres to German concentration camps.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,845 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

When Americans rounded up the Asians.

That’s the critical bit here.

Stay warped in the two party division.

• Advertisement

Speaking of being fearful of white men, another white male atrocity:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/active-shooter-incident-garlic-festival-california/story?id=64624542

Described as white, with hat and sunglasses.

notobtuse wrote: »
    Trump’s chess match continues. After successfully making Tlaib and her squad the face of the democrat party he pulls off a flanking maneuver. Now he's making urban decay the second face of the Democratic party in an attack on Trump hater Congressman Elijah Cummings, showcasing his district as the urban blight and rat-infested hellhole it is… and telling him to go to his district and use the massive amounts given there to fix things and remove corruption. It’s the effect of many urban blighted districts and cities that remain in shambles due to decades of Democratic rule. And the videos of the Baltimore residents decrying the Democratic area's neglect is absolutely deadly. Of course democrats are yelling 'racism,' as that’s all they got. But people are starting to tire of the party who cries wolf over everything, because if everything is racist then nothing is racist. And once again it forces Pelosi to defend the indefensible. Democrats feebly try to focus on other things they feel is important like saving the earth by banning plastic straws or offering free health care to every illegal border jumper, but they are once again ignoring middle America. Just goes to show Trump not only means to beat his democratic opponents, he intends to destroy them.

Yep. The actual people on the street are extremely happy that trump put s spot light on their plight. Because their own party. The democrats have done. Will do. Absolutely nothing for them. But rally and close ranks and call trump racist.

There’s a video of Cummings doing an interview in Baltimore and crying saying they need help. Now he’s crying for the illegal immigrants. Both his citizens and the illegal immigrants will get nothing from him but crocodile tears. He on the other hand looks well fed. Well dressed and by all accounts has plenty of money. Though questions are being asked. From where is all this money coming from?

Again I’d put up a video but…

Japanese internment camps were not concentration camps, while semantically im sure the dictionary definition of concentration camps may fit but lets be realistic, when people use the prefix concentration it conjures images of an inescapable prison where you will be starved or gassed to death.

The Japanese internment camps were not this
    the ICE detention centers are not this

I know the difference. Too bad the ones on the Left can't tell the difference.

Danzy wrote: »
    Smacks of a deliberate downplaying of the holocaust to compare ICE centres to German concentration camps.

Absolutely. And the Jewish people in America are sick of it. It also serves to demonise ICE and the boarder agents.

I’d put up a video but…

Overheal wrote: »
    When Americans rounded up the Asians.

That’s the critical bit here.

Stay warped in the two party division.

The Democrat party led that. They want to cry about the Detention Centers now then they can take full responsibility for when the rounded up the Asians.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,286 ✭✭✭✭Penn

There’s a video of Cummings doing an interview in Baltimore and crying saying they need help. Now he’s crying for the illegal immigrants. Both his citizens and the illegal immigrants will get nothing from him but crocodile tears. He on the other hand looks well fed. Well dressed and by all accounts has plenty of money. Though questions are being asked. From where is all this money coming from?

Again I’d put up a video but…

Yes, I'm sure if he hadn't bought some suits to wear he'd be able to fund the ending of poverty in a major US City

The Democrat party led that. They want to cry about the Detention Centers now then they can take full responsibility for when the rounded up the Asians.

It took a republican to apologise
    In 1988, President Reagan signed the Civil Liberties Act to compensate more than 100,000 people of Japanese descent who were incarcerated in internment camps during World War II. The legislation offered a formal apology and paid out $20,000 in compensation to each surviving victim. The law won congressional approval only after a decade-long campaign by the Japanese-American community.

Penn wrote: »
    Yes, I'm sure if he hadn't bought some suits to wear he'd be able to fund the ending of poverty in a major US City

Like I said. I’d put up a video explaining everything perfectly but…

If you have any interest in Cummings corruption you can google it.

It took a republican to apologise

This should be getting more play in the media.

• Advertisement

This should be getting more play in the media.

It was a split Congress...

Advertisement