Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswoman states America should be "more fearful of white men"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Yeah and several of their board members are convicted terrorists. I suppose they are entitled to that too.

But i mean it might not be so good for syria.

It’s a Palestinian NGO. You were about to support your claims with some evidence?...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

This lady is a racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

alastair wrote: »
    Ahmed Saadat was given an Israeli military tribunal for membership of a proscribed organisation, having been abducted from Palestine. He’s a political prisoner.

Why would a prisoner’s NGO hide their activity?
    Wow you are very very far gone.

alastair wrote: »
    It’s a Palestinian NGO. You were about to support your claims with some evidence?...

Yaqoub Oudeh

Khalida Jarrar

Bashir AL Khairi

Mahmoud Jaddah

Hasan Safadi.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

notobtuse wrote: »
    It was a question I posed to the tone of your response to me.
    You're making a leap based on a correct assumption I made when you started commenting about Israel and BDS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

You're making a leap based on a correct assumption I made when you started commenting about Israel and BDS.
    I guess it is best to agree to disagree, then.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

Penn wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/AkyolinEnglish/status/1154470864332709890

Most people are retracting their criticism of Omar after seeing the full unedited clip of the interview.

Whatever about the first part that seems to have attracted most of the criticism her answer the the 2nd question about 20 of her constituents going of to fight for ISIS etc is incredibly weak.

The territorial Islamic State (which these people joined) in general wasn't fighting yanks, and it certainly wasn't killing many Americans, it was mainly fighting Kurds, Syrians and in particular the Shia dominated Iraqi forces.

She seems to be blaming Republican rhetoric for her constituents going of to join a force that spent probably 90% of their time brutalizing their co-coreligionists that they consider apostates, the most of the rest of the time was probably spent brutalizing and making sex slaves of indiginous christians and other minority religious groups that have been in the region since before the birth of the Prophet as well as a bit of destroying and looting priceless pre-Islamic heritage.

People conflate Al Qaeda and ISIS viewpoints because its politically useful for a lot of different parts of the political spectrum, liberals as it allows them to say its as a result of general Islamophobia and foreign policy issues, right wingers because it helps ignore the roots of Al Qaeda and their motivations.

They are not the same and any foreigner going over to join ISIS was A-ok with the idea of burning Shia's alive which is a pretty clear indicator that their motivations involve more than anger at some middle aged white dude in Washington

She seems to be blaming Republican rhetoric for her constituents going of to join a force that spent probably 90% of their time brutalizing their co-coreligionists that they consider apostates, the most of the rest of the time was probably spent brutalizing and making sex slaves of indiginous christians and other minority religious groups that have been in the region since before the birth of the Prophet as well as a bit of destroying and looting priceless pre-Islamic heritage.

Is she serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I'm convinced herself and AOC are false flagging for Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

Is she serious?

"Where we actually find a solution, is looking at our foreign policy, looking at how we are engaging with the members of these communities"

"And the kind of rhetoric spewed out by leaders in our city halls, within our state capitol, and within our Nations capitol"
    1,52 to End in clip linked. She is hardly talking about Democrats rhetoric there.

So yes basically she is hand waving away the fact that her constituents traveled half way across the world to go join in a sectarian bloodbath that killed only 3 American Soldiers but killed or enslaved 10's of 1000's of civilians at minimum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

Quite a lot of White self loathing on this thread, its pretty terrifying really.
    What has happened thats turned so many White people into self hating flagellants?
    Is it the schools? It seems to have passed me by completely.
    I know so many intelligent, educated people whom are obsessed with the perceived crimes of 'white' people, and who desperately attempt to shoehorn Irish people into 'whiteness' Or rather they want to see Irish people as complicit in the actions of whites throughout the centuries.
    As it happens I personally never thought of myself as 'white' but simply 'Irish'

There was an interesting study published in the US recently, the results found that the only group that displayed any 'outgroup preference' as in they cared more about other groups than their own..were whites.

This does not bode well for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Wouldn’t that be funny? But alas it’s the whole Democratic Party that’s gone cuckoo for coco puffs after trump got elected.

mad muffin wrote: »
    Wouldn’t that be funny? But alas it’s the whole Democratic Party that’s gone cuckoo for coco puffs after trump got elected.
    Biden is still sane. And Sanders. Kamala Harris isn't that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Biden... not after yesterday. With the drop in polls its No More Mr. Nice Biden!
    “I’m not going to be as polite this time,” Biden told supporters at a fundraiser in Detroit on Wednesday evening, according to a pool report. “Because this is the same person who asked me to come to California and nominate her in her convention.”

The former vice president hinted that he would cash in on his warning from earlier in July that he has “all this information about other people’s pasts.”

“If they want to argue about the past, I can do that,” Biden said at the fundraiser. “I got a past I’m proud of. They got a past that’s not quite so good.”

At the next Democrat debate look for Biden’s evil twin to emerge. He’s going after Booker, also.

I’ll be getting out the popcorn.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Oh no! Please! Please! Please! Don’t tell you you truely believe that :(

Creepy joe who can’t keeps his hands and lips to himself? Who tried to stop bussing in black kids to schools?

Communist millionaire frothing at the mouth mad for trumps head sanders. Who advocates $15 an hour minimum wage, but doesn’t pay it to his staff?

Kamala I’m black Harris? Who is of Indian extractions, but identifies bizarrely now black. Who just recently criticised trump for breach of power, after Kanye West ask trump if he could see and help a$ap rocky an American citizen in Sweden. Yet is always going on about how trump isn’t doing anything to help illegal immigrants.

No my friend. The dems are looney tunes.

True but they are my looney tunes! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Well that is what they say themselves.

Also several of their board members are members of BDS

Yousef Habash, the public relations officer of the Union of Health Work Committees, serves as an Addameer board member, and is apparently the nephew of PFLP founder George Habbash. Israel prevented Habash from leaving the West Bank in 2011-2012. He is also a member of the BDS National Committee.

Fair play to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

They are definitely his campaign ads. Everyday is Christmas for Trump and Conservatives with this lot. They are the gift that keeps on giving. This is why Trump is keeping them in the spotlight and makes Pelosi and co defend them thus branding the whole party of insane lunatics like "the Squad" [Though the Democrat debates have proven that the entire party reeks of insanity]

• Registered Users Posts: 23,247 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Oh no! Please! Please! Please! Don’t tell you you truely believe that :(

Creepy joe who can’t keeps his hands and lips to himself? Who tried to stop bussing in black kids to schools?

Communist millionaire frothing at the mouth mad for trumps head sanders. Who advocates $15 an hour minimum wage, but doesn’t pay it to his staff?

Kamala I’m black Harris? Who is of Indian extractions, but identifies bizarrely now black. Who just recently criticised trump for breach of power, after Kanye West ask trump if he could see and help a$ap rocky an American citizen in Sweden. Yet is always going on about how trump isn’t doing anything to help illegal immigrants.

Wait are you trying to say you cant support someone who does this?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

No the modern Left are often this out of touch.

****ing depressing but it is what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Trump shouldn't be needing to be feuding with first term congresswomen in order to energize his base. It would be equivalent of Obama having public spats with congressman Steve King or labelling Ted Cruz a threat to the national security of the US in 2011 because polls showed him losing to the leading Republicans.

With the economy on the rise for a decade, isis all but defeated by late 2016 thus eliminating the biggest international terrorist threat to the west and incumbents nearly always re-elected 2020 should be shoe in for Trump.

Instead he is wasting time on stupid things like this instead of fixing his awful numbers in Iowa, Michigan, Wisconsin.. states he won in 16, promised big things and clearly has failed to deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Split again...hhhmm, interesting timing.

https://twitter.com/Kermit_Progress/status/1154829979559088128

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Trump shouldn't be needing to be feuding with first term congresswomen in order to energize his base. It would be equivalent of Obama having public spats with congressman Steve King or labelling Ted Cruz a threat to the national security of the US in 2011 because polls showed him losing to the leading Republicans.

With the economy on the rise for a decade, isis all but defeated by late 2016 thus eliminating the biggest international terrorist threat to the west and incumbents nearly always re-elected 2020 should be shoe in for Trump.

Instead he is wasting time on stupid things like this instead of fixing his awful numbers in Iowa, Michigan, Wisconsin.. states he won in 16, promised big things and clearly has failed to deliver.

It isn't to energize his base, it is to demotivate people from the Democrats.

The cancerous nature of the 4 Squadders is all hitting the anti Trump side.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Wait are you trying to say you cant support someone who does this?

Cmon so. Let’s have it…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭irishproduce

elfy4eva wrote: »
    It's racism plain and simple and should be treated with as much contempt as we're it any other race being tarred.

No it shouldn't. If we keep throwing around the racist word then it becomes useless.
    She is not racist in her statements about white men being dangerous.
    Trump was not being racist saying they should go back where they came from.

Society needs to grow a pair, grow up and stop throwing about useless words (Not aimed at you mind).

We should reserve racism allegations for people who are genuinely trying to stir up hatred of any race, and punish them accordingly.

No it shouldn't. If we keep throwing around the racist word then it becomes useless.
    She is not racist in her statements about white men being dangerous.
    Trump was not being racist saying they should go back where they came from.

Society needs to grow a pair, grow up and stop throwing about useless words (Not aimed at you mind).

We should reserve racism allegations for people who are genuinely trying to stir up hatred of any race, and punish them accordingly.

No Ilhan Omar in her heart doesn't want to hurt people. Trump does.

And both instances were racist. But the two people are very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Danzy wrote: »

Its not really working given latest poll from Fox News today has Biden leading Trump nationally by 10 points with Sanders leading Trump by 6.

You might view the 4 ladies as cancerous but fact remains many Americans especially registered voters even registered Republicans agree with their policial views especially those of AOC's main policies such as lowering health care costs, lowering higher education costs, dealing with climate change, increase in minimum wage, removing money and corruption in politics etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Danzy wrote: »

Its also to lure Moderate Democrats away from the party as well. By shining a light on how extreme the party has become it makes Moderates question their loyalty to the party and do they really want to vote for them.

Its having an effect because "The Squad" have terrible approval numbers. So no doubt Democrat approval number will sink as well as long as Pelosi and company are seen defending them.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Its not really working given latest poll from Fox News today has Biden leading Trump nationally by 10 points with Sanders leading Trump by 6.

You might view the 4 ladies as cancerous but fact remains many Americans especially registered voters even registered Republicans agree with their policial views especially those of AOC's main policies such as lowering health care costs, lowering higher education costs, dealing with climate change, increase in minimum wage, removing money and corruption in politics etc

I’d love to see Trump go up against Biden. Trump will eat him alive and spit out his bones.

And aoc ratings are bad. Real bad. And it’s not helping that she also wants a pay rise. Lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Its also to lure Moderate Democrats away from the party as well. By shining a light on how extreme the party has become it makes Moderates question their loyalty to the party and do they really want to vote for them.

Its having an effect because "The Squad" have terrible approval numbers. So no doubt Democrat approval number will sink as well as long as Pelosi and company are seen defending them.

How extreme the party has become? Versus how moderate the GOP have become with Trump as their leader? The same guy who only went on a racist tangent against the squad last week? There's a reasonable possibility that his behaviour is having a more unifying influence on the Dems tbh.

Advertisement