Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Batman

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    Agree to disagree. I can't imagine the mods would create this mechanic only to have us loophole our way out of it. If we don't win it ourselves, the Rogues probably just get to pick an extra kill.

Well perhaps, but it seems clear that only one person suggested it might be a bad idea to enter. To think that we could agree that no one would enter the competition is even less likely to me. The village are almost never unanimous about anything, even when there is a full day to think about things. I think the village recognising a trick and convincing everyone else not to enter it would be a part of the mechanic. There would always be the chance that someone would enter without even seeing the agreement not to enter.

I doubt it will be the same again, but if so better to chance that we can break it by not entering, and give them a kill rather than just hand them a kill.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

What does WIFOM mean please?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Look, IF it was the same number for each competition - Tegan got killed, so it would go to the nearest number, either 6 or 8.

But as I said, there's no way of knowing definitively so it's all just WIFOM

Possibly not if the prizes were given out in order - prize 1 for the car colour and prize 2 - death without being able to use the first prize. Must look and see if Tegan gave her answer to the car colour

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Good call Frank. RIP Tegan. I feel stupid for entering now.
    Look, IF it was the same number for each competition - Tegan got killed, so it would go to the nearest number, either 6 or 8.

But as I said, there's no way of knowing definitively so it's all just WIFOM

I went 8 and have not won a competition.

We should probably be careful about coming out with prize declarations actually.

The Rogues or SK/Harley team could have things that could negate their usage, or extra kills that they could simply use on the prize winner before they get to utilise it.

Thoughts?

It will be up to whoever wins it, only they know what the prize is and what the possible repercussions could be

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

We should probably be careful about coming out with prize declarations actually.

The Rogues or SK/Harley team could have things that could negate their usage, or extra kills that they could simply use on the prize winner before they get to utilise it.

Thoughts?

Nah, they have enough abilities already.

Riddles, Poison, whatever the hell Penguin does.

They can win the competitions though, which would not help us.

What does WIFOM mean please?

WIFOM is the dilemma that arises from trying to predict whether someone has made an optimal but expected choice, or a suboptimal but unexpected one. The term WIFOM (short for Wine In Front Of Me) is named for this scene in the 1987 movie The Princess Bride: Westley: "All right: where is the poison?

Phil WW wrote: »
    Well perhaps, but it seems clear that only one person suggested it might be a bad idea to enter. To think that we could agree that no one would enter the competition is even less likely to me. The village are almost never unanimous about anything, even when there is a full day to think about things. I think the village recognising a trick and convincing everyone else not to enter it would be a part of the mechanic. There would always be the chance that someone would enter without even seeing the agreement not to enter.

I doubt it will be the same again, but if so better to chance that we can break it by not entering, and give them a kill rather than just hand them a kill.

It comes out much the same really, we lose a good player either way (assuming that is the case). Except if the Rogues get to kill whoever they want, they can put strategic thinking into it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

I went for 12, no prize here

Well spotted whoever said that it was a trick, who was that?

I would think we could have avoided it if no one guessed, very hard to do

• Advertisement

I didn't win the prize, but I do have a bullet. I am not Alfred. I will explain more later, but for now, please suggest who I shoot.

From the OP: Will you be able to solve the Puzzle of The Riddler to help the citizens of Gotham? Or will the Rogues reap the rewards of his antics?

So either we didn't solve it, i.e. the bad guys got the correct number, or the OP is lying saying that if we solve the puzzle it helps the citizens of Gotham.

It comes out much the same really, we lose a good player either way (assuming that is the case). Except if the Rogues get to kill whoever they want, they can put strategic thinking into it.

Yes, but if no one enters there is a chance there's no kill. In fact I think it likely that there would have been no kill. Obviously if they just get a kill it's slightly worse for us but not necessarily.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    Maybe I’m being super paranoid but these look like separate “competitions”. Why in two different posts? Could this be a riddler trick and maybe one person of whoever enters may be chosen by riddler for a nasty demise.

We all need to listen to the wise one Frank

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    WIFOM is the dilemma that arises from trying to predict whether someone has made an optimal but expected choice, or a suboptimal but unexpected one. The term WIFOM (short for Wine In Front Of Me) is named for this scene in the 1987 movie The Princess Bride: Westley: "All right: where is the poison?

I’m still none the wiser :D

From the OP: Will you be able to solve the Puzzle of The Riddler to help the citizens of Gotham? Or will the Rogues reap the rewards of his antics?

So either we didn't solve it, i.e. the bad guys got the correct number, or the OP is lying saying that if we solve the puzzle it helps the citizens of Gotham.

I think solving the puzzle of the riddler would be to solve that it was a puzzle from the riddler. It doesn't say we have to solve the riddle itself, just the puzzle of the riddler which is not the same thing as the riddle. If we'd solved the puzzle we'd have known it was the Riddler behind it and not entered. That would have been a benefit to the citizens of Gotham. Solving the riddle means we didn't solve the Puzzle of the Riddler and so the Rogues reaped the rewards.

In a way we're lucky Tegan was NRV and not RV

I didn't win the prize, but I do have a bullet. I am not Alfred. I will explain more later, but for now, please suggest who I shoot.

I'll just reiterate my fear that coming out like this could land you in a quick grave.

Not sure on who you should shoot, sorry.

I must to run back to work, late lunch again. I will try to get back on line later.

Whats the timeline on this?

My head is melted.

Jake is one of my wolf leans but he's been poisoned :(

My town is in tatters atm, I'm back to square one and re-assessing everything.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Abigail for that 14:01 post.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Can you shoot yourself? If not then shoot Fiona

My head is melted.

Jake is one of my wolf leans but he's been poisoned :(

My town is in tatters atm, I'm back to square one and re-assessing everything.

Doesn't mean he is not a wolf, could have gave the fake poison to a team mate to gain them some village points

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    Maybe this riddle is not to enter the second competition?

Above was my theory

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

I chose 2 for both and no prize for me

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    In a way we're lucky Tegan was NRV and not RV

Tegan was a doctor, who was not activated yet.

Holly WW wrote: »
    Doesn't mean he is not a wolf, could have gave the fake poison to a team mate to gain them some village points

Maybe. One bonus-ish is that neither Phil nor Jake are claiming power roles. So Alfred should just take a punt, heal one and we see what happens with the other post lynch

Barbara WW wrote: »

But they weren't NRV+ so probably were just NRV with no powers and with a name that they didn't know.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

I was working on my read on Fiona this morning and then the poisoning and competition started. Would like hers and anybody elses input on it. I'd like to go through a few people like this today so I can get a better read on them.

Fiona
    Questioned Gabriel about Harvey Quinn.
    Spoke about getting her gun and shooting Gabriel.
    Spoke again about not shooting Wendy just yet.
    Claims Gabriel and Wendy are locked back and Barbara is semi locked.
    Weird post including 50/50.
    Claims Wendy is a wolf if Gabriel flips bad. Says she was joking about the seer. Doesn’t agree with spartacus theory as puts real seer at risk.
    Claims computer detected Harley joining the game.
    Questioned Tegan on posting about a bandwagon forming on me, claiming Tegan is certain I’m not a wolf.
    Suspects Des of being Dent. Suspects Frank as the Riddler.
    Questions Jake over “let the games begin” post and gif.
    Questions Wendy on role reveal to help me.
    Last vote with Phil on Ewan, possibly moving to save Orla who she herself says was one of the know wagons forming?

Overall first couple of days were just bizarre with the gun talk and lock wolfing people. She accused both Tegan and Wendy of being too sure I wasn’t a wolf, I may be biased but I could see exactly where both were coming from. They read my posts as genuine and went against what a lot of people were saying so that makes them suspicious? They both could have easily piled on last night but they didn’t and they’re getting accused of being wolfy because of it. It felt like Fiona was just flinging out accusations last night and to me read like she was seeing what one would stick. The last vote on Ewan with Phil, now I was third last I think so I can of course be included in this but is that not normally what wolves do, get the last votes in and save their wolf buddy? She was poking holes in wagonomics last night also which I didn’t like, yes we’re not going to have loads of information to work with but we have to start somewhere after the first lynch otherwise we’re just shooting in the dark.

The connection between Fiona and Phil voting together also made me doubt Phils genuinity today, that’s where it gets rabbit holey though. Phil has kind of squashed my doubts on him somewhat with his responses to my earlier posts.

• Advertisement

Barbara WW wrote: »

Babs, where you at lean-wise at the moment? Any changes from yesterday?

Advertisement