Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Batman

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Here Frank, this is all we got from Liam

thanks I missed that . .

struggling to keep up between working in the office, trying to keep the kids out and trying to hide from my wife that I am playing the game . . :P
    Holly WW wrote: »
    No Liam hasn't said.

In relation to the Dent theory floating around - we must remember he is evil today so would that tie in with Liam getting a bullet when it could possible take him out?

Could be Dent but I dont see the benefit of coming out on thread and putting a target on his head . . Interested to see the explanation but if its a move by Dent I am not sure how the risk v reward of trying to appear village works out . .

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    Orla, can you put one post together that explains what happened. Your explanation is not making any sense, maybe you are confused but you may end up getting killed (even shot) and it could simply be that like Ewan, you were coming across very strange and unconvincing . .

From Backroom

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Ok first list:

babs
    liam
    doris
    henry
    phil
    wendy

I like this one, bar maybe Henry. Not sure I'd towncore him just yet tbh.
    Liam well... let's see how this bullet pans out.

Good leans
    Riona
    Abigail
    Angus

I'll be honest I have no idea on this cluster so it's good someone is trying to sort them. I keep going back and forth on Riona and she was a single voter yesterday too so she'd be more null for me.

Abigail and Angus... I really should ISO them.

Null
    Brendan
    Eva
    Frank
    Holly

Eva moving up your list a lot from yesterday, wanna explain why?
    Holly and Brendan I agree with.
    I'd throw Frank in the village lean pile atm.

More wolf than null
    Gertrude
    Jake
    Fiona

Gertrude is more null for me. Jake would be lower in my list.
    Agreed re: Fiona.

Most wolf equity
    Orla
    Clodagh
    Conor
    Desmond

Orla I'm torn on. The votes point to her not being a wolf, but I guess she could have took a gamble. Could still be SK though, and Steve was riding that wagon and Joker killed him so....

Clodagh isn't helping themselves, agreed. Would be in my more wolf than null.
    Conor I'd actually have a lot higher after I ISOed him yesterday.
    Des... pfft. Can you explain why? His wolfy posts yesterday presumably?

Eva ain't moved anywhere buddy.
    I had a theory, which involved the papers being the notice to us that harley quinn has been recruited by team sk.
    It was wrong, as notice after lynch proved. I don't see why you are questioning this. Its pretty obvious stuff.

des and abi poisoned.
    Alfred cures abi.
    wolves "cure" des as to not do so put a big question mark on him, as he admitted yesterday.
    Why would the wolves take a 50/50 shot of curing their own, who is not even poisoned!!

Hence, des is wolf.

I know you saw the list but you didn't mention my response, pourquoi?

I actually missed that post, when i was scanning back on that page I presumed your post was actually from Barbara (very same sort of template).

I am juggling alot at the moment so do miss some things . . :(

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Barbara WW wrote: »

Eva ain't moved anywhere buddy.
    I had a theory, which involved the papers being the notice to us that harley quinn has been recruited by team sk.
    It was wrong, as notice after lynch proved. I don't see why you are questioning this. Its pretty obvious stuff.

des and abi poisoned.
    Alfred cures abi.
    wolves "cure" des as to not do so put a big question mark on him, as he admitted yesterday.
    Why would the wolves take a 50/50 shot of curing their own, who is not even poisoned!!

Hence, des is wolf.

Ok, this actually makes a lot of sense tbh.

• Advertisement

I dont know why I feel like you and Wendy are on the same team, maybe somebody is pocketing somebody or maybe you just get each other ... . . Maybe you are team village, but I do get the feeling you are working together quite cohesively on thread to build a certain narrative . Maybe Im well surrounded by wolves in the higher post counts and , like Wendy actually said, wolves are running the show?

Ah, I digress, its Just an observation . .

I am interested to hear what your "Village" to "good leans" have done to warrant your trust and what I have done to be on a null list ? I am paranoid , but I do like to try and work out who i can trust by how they decide to judge me.

You don't go on a null list, you get off it. Being there means i can see bad in you, but i don't see good yet either. Or just enough of each to cancel each other out etc.

Orla WW wrote: »
    From Backroom

I have to get back to work . . I cant even begin to start a new rabbit hole theory on this response . . Anybody else want to weigh in ?

Mind control ? Dont see it mentioned in OP
    Self destructive villager ? Well Ewan didnt help himself last night
    Other theories ? Im like wendy, I need a break . .

So Babs my list would look something like this....

village
    wendy
    babs
    doris
    phil
    Frank
    Eva

Good leans
    henry
    Angus
    Abigail
    Conor

Null
    Brendan
    Gertrude
    Holly
    Riona

More wolf than null
    Liam
    Desmond
    Fiona
    Orla

Most wolf equity
    Clodagh
    Jake

isla dead
    Tegan dead nrv
    Steve dead NRV
    Ewan dead NRV, Lucius Fox
    Gabriel dead thomas wayne

I know that I don't have enough wolves, that's why I need to sort the nulls I think.

Ah balls I was resorting and left out Des. reposted as is with Des where I was planning on putting him.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Guys we need to discuss where the bullets are going or at least Jakes for now as it's on a timer

Ok, this actually makes a lot of sense tbh.

So when Barbara says it it makes alot of sense, but when I say it, its lost ?

You see Wendy this is why I am not sure which side you are playing on and why I feel some sort of connection between you and Barbara. This was a post I made yesterday to Desmond:
    Well from my perspective you could be a target for the wolves who keep going after you and failing for some reason. So stay alive, you one man village humanshield

Or maybe

You got the fake poison and basically a placebo power from dent that was never going to do anything to you, couple of weird stuff on votes and you appear to look villagey?

I’m only saying my thoughts out loud , not insinuating one way or another but this is a game of misdirection my friend...

I appreciate you cant catch everything, but at times I dont get the feeling you are always looking to engage me on the theories that might be worth exporing (like the competition, or theories on Harley etc). I dont know if you are on my team or not, but I think something like this has happened a few times this game . .

• Advertisement

Eva WW wrote: »
    Guys we need to discuss where the bullets are going or at least Jakes for now as it's on a timer

Desmond imo. Based off the way Babs broke down why he's a likely wolf.

So Babs my list would look something like this....

village
    wendy
    babs
    doris
    phil
    Frank
    Eva

Good leans
    henry
    Angus
    Abigail
    Conor

Null
    Brendan
    Gertrude
    Holly
    Riona

More wolf than null
    Liam
    Fiona
    Orla

Most wolf equity
    Clodagh
    Jake

isla dead
    Tegan dead nrv
    Steve dead NRV
    Ewan dead NRV, Lucius Fox
    Gabriel dead thomas wayne

I know that I don't have enough wolves, that's why I need to sort the nulls I think.

Where would you place Desmond?

Sorry Frank, I was working at the time and you're right I didn't catch that post, apologies.

Where would you place Desmond?

Keep reading, I realised I made a mistake

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

So is mine.

I confirm Rachel Dawes protected

c95a0rnwrm501.jpg
    I was wagoned last night after Ewan for lynching now I am safe so perhaps a wolf will be lynched

I thought by revealing I was doing a good thing
    I won protection
    From Backroom

Right I think I get this. She's saying she came out so we wouldn't waste a lynch on her because she's protected from it. I'm guessing she's saying she got the protection from her backroom, backroom with Batman maybe?

Liam WW wrote: »
    So is mine.

You have until 8 though right? Jake only has until 5 from what I've gathered

Conor or Angus for a bullet

Right I think I get this. She's saying she came out so we wouldn't waste a lynch on her because she's protected from it. I'm guessing she's saying she got the protection from her backroom, backroom with Batman maybe?

And she needed to type this in practically riddles over 4 posts when there is nobody on the lynch menu ? That makes sense to you ?

Conor or Angus for a bullet

Why Conor?

I had Angus on my FFA last night, I'll have to go back to that.

It's gone too quiet :(

• Advertisement

I really don't like this discussion of a potential backroom with Batman.

Let's not speculate about goodies.

Eva you even said this in one of your early posts :(

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Jake what number did you pick?

You don't go on a null list, you get off it. Being there means I can't see bad in you, but i don't see good yet either. Or just enough of each to cancel each other out etc.
    fixed my post. (typo)

Eva... why you gotta do this to me. It's right here in one of your first posts and it's why I initially felt a village vibe off you....

Having had time to read back over the OP I wanted to give my thoughts and see what you all think. I think it’s good if we bounce ideas off each other on theories and such. It’s a slow burn weekend and not everyone’s going to be around loads to all out accuse each other :P But if we could flesh out the OP a bit while we’ve so little to go on I think it could work to our advantage.

Penguin - Counterfeiter - Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot, a Gotham City mobster who fancies himself a "gentleman of crime", can usually be found at the Iceberg Lounge nightclub and has recently taken to the art of counterfeit. What exactly will he be faking that should rightly have the citizens of Gotham so worried?

After reading the role meaning for counterfeiter this makes sense, I wouldn’t have gotten it without that so thanks whoever it was that posted it. Makes sense now, he fakes the lynch results and has citizens of Gotham ripping each other to shreds over lying about where they voted. This is going to put a serious spanner in the works for wagonomics as we won’t know if results are being manipulated or someone is genuinely lying about where they voted.

Riddler - Edward Nygma has a compulsive need for attention and just can't help himself when it comes to dropping complex riddles and puzzles for Batman and friends to solve. Will you be able to solve the Puzzle of The Riddler to help the citizens of Gotham? Or will the Rogues reap the rewards of his antics?

- He has a compulsive need for attention so possibly the newspaper or even Steve with his Shakespearean posts. I’m rubbish at riddles though so won’t be much help figuring out what it means.

Poison Ivy - Dr Pamela Isley is a Gotham City botanist who is obsessed with plants, ecological extinction, and environmentalism. As her name suggests she is a fan of using poison on her victims but the question you will be asking is Orchid or Rose? One is poisoned, one is not. Each day that Ivy is alive she can send these two flowers to players of her choice. Only she knows which contains the poison.

- I really like the flavour of this character, rather than your standard run of the mill vig this is a nice twist. I wonder does the flower that’s not poisoned do anything. I’m sure the poisoning will be announced on thread but should we announce when flowers are received on thread, any information is helpful right?

Two Face / Harvey Dent
    One night good (day & night phases), the next bad, Harvey has powers to match, each time with a 50/50 chance of success. If Harvey lasts to the end and is good he can win with the Village. If he's bad they have to kill him or Big Bad Harv will lash out for the win. Seer Checks night 1: Harvey Dent - District Attorney, Night 2: Two Face

- This is a really interesting role, does it mean he’s bad one night as in a wolf and will have address to BRs in that period then turn good again the next night? Surely not? Also if he makes it to the end good, does that mean if the last day falls on an uneven day then he’ll be village?

I’m avoiding digging into the village roles and I would err on the side of caution anyone that questions them too much, can come across a bit like fishing for someone to slip up, answer and reveal their role. Or I could just be paranoid, it’s too early for that though right? :rolleyes:

On the newspaper, it has to mean something right? My initial thoughts were that it didn’t say mod announcement but I don’t think that matters does it? It wasn’t an announcement as such but it does mean something, just have to figure out what.

So why, why, why would you then go and speculate like this?

And she needed to type this in practically riddles over 4 posts when there is nobody on the lynch menu ? That makes sense to you ?

Of course not but look at what happened with Ewan. There would be two people on thread who would know if she was lying or not. Batman and the real person who got protected. I'm not saying for them to come out because I don't think they should but I do think it's worth parking for now and focusing on the timed bullets and coming back to this after we have that figured out

Sorry Frank, I was working at the time and you're right I didn't catch that post, apologies.

Now that you are being nice to me I feel like I am not long for this world . . :pac:

Eva... why you gotta do this to me. It's right here in one of your first posts and it's why I initially felt a village vibe off you....

So why, why, why would you then go and speculate like this?

I'm not speculating Wendy, she said it herself. I just pulled it together to make sense of it for Frank because he kept questioning her about it and in my opinion there's more pressing matters to discuss

I'm not speculating Wendy, she said it herself. I just pulled it together to make sense of it for Frank because he kept questioning her about it and in my opinion there's more pressing matters to discuss

Ok, fair enough I accept your POV. But the thing is that what I look for in posts is inconsistencies and I found that to be contradictory.

I might not be on later and last night I was 2nd highest for lynch votes so don't waste tonight on me

• Advertisement

More pressing matters ? We are trying to see who we should shoot, surely working out if Orla should be a target is worth exploring ?

Its the way she announced it thats so cryptic, the reasoning and the timing. Of course Batman or whoever can confirm it prob wont come out on thread, but on its own its a very weird reveal. What about this is remotely normal to you ?

Advertisement