Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Batman

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Apparently there's a bit I have missed. Will have a read back from this morning.

Not sure I'm following this theory of Babs on Eva like at all. Is it purely just cos she didn't mention the Joker in her role summary?

Not just that. But also her OP saying "she wished she'd randed Harley" and the newspaper article coming right after.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    RVs will do it, SKs will do it, wolves will do it.

Sure anyone can do it.

If seer dies accidentally/without revealing we'll be able to easily read back over their reads.

Can we just hold up on this for a bit I need to read properly.

Because if you make a claim you need to stick by it, otherwise it's easier to spot the real seer.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    If you say it often enough we might just believe you.

Gabriel as Harvey?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Not just that. But also her OP saying "she wished she'd randed Harley" and the newspaper article coming right after.

Huh? Yet this...
    Ewan WW wrote: »
    Im not Batman..... but I am annoyed at not being the SK, sounds like a fun role.

You earlier didn't care about. Why the sudden change?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    I was going Harley for you Fiona

o right no.

• Advertisement

If I understood correctly after the 13-seer game, a full reveal was recommended simply because the seer was the only role. While I think the intentions are good (though I'm not thrilled about who made the suggestion), I don't think we should go down the road of saying who we peeked.

Yeah that might make more sense. Best have a proper discussion about it.

The article I'm reading now doesn't suggest it should be done in a seer only game but there's more to it than just giving random statements

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Weirdly I wouldn't find it odd thst someone is disappointed they didn't get a cool role :) Do I think a wolf or SK would post something like that 1st post? Nope

Ah damn, it was Des who said that. Sorry Liam, my memory ain't so good tonight

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Laying seer cover.

Every body lays the cover, that 25 peeks.
    Most will correctly say villager, there are only 4 wolves, possibly only 3 in a room.
    So, they will only know ~3 or so people are not the seer if they say that the wolf is a villager. So 22 possible seers.
    Why?
    Because then the seer can join in and give their correct peek without fear.

Because of the cover, wolves don't know who the seer is.

We dont know if there was a n0 peek or not, but what the heck, we just dont trust n0 peeks as fully trusted.

seer doesn't have to breadcrumb. they can plainly say there peeks.

when seer flips, we find all there peeks by reading their peeks, and discard all the cover.

RV's will join in, because why put a target on your back.
    evils will join in for same reason.

Thats the quick & durty version of seer cover.

Your cover should be based on a decent read you have, as you cant drop the cover, as if you start accusing somebody you said was good, then wolves know you are not seer, and knock you of the list of people who are not the seer.

Ewan WW wrote: »
    How is wanting to be SK wolfy?

Explain?

While I'm here though, to answer Ewan - wanting to kill villagers (ie: be the SK) isn't exactly a helpful or productive thought tbh.

Tough times in Gotham

Can you expand on this? You posted it in relation to the newspaper post from the mods.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Now that’s just not true. I said in a room full of Batman’s I’d chose to be Harley Quinn because everyone was saying they were Batman. I never said anything about wishing I was randed Harley.

Should we not wait at least until auto priest is confirmed

This seems better in an auto priest game.

Still not sure about it tbh.

Evening all, just out of Arkham Asylum and I am not Batman
    Riddle me this Riddle me that who have we Sussed out as being a bad Cat
    This has me puzzled, why Shakespeare, Joker or Riddler move?
    Tough times in Gotham

By the way, if anyone is doing a task on day 0 it's likely Orla.

Just look at the above posts.

Eva WW wrote: »
    Now that’s just not true. I said in a room full of Batman’s I’d chose to be Harley Quinn because everyone was saying they were Batman. I never said anything about wishing I was randed Harley.

A lot will depend on what the mods posts were about.

You posted the Harley pic and 8 minutes later the mods posted the paper thingy

So it looks dodgy right now for you. Given Barbras suspicions.

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Well i someone says x is a villager and they are a wolf they know they aren't the seer.

The seer clearing a wolf on thread to stay hidden would obviously be silly, so they just wouldn't post.

So if people are making bad reads the pool for the seer is cut now for munching quite sharply.

Its a bad idea.

From my first impression maybe people can enlighten me more though

Yip this is a risk in the theory.

The strategy I'm looking at now suggests that people wait until you actually read someone as village before providing a read.

It's luck of the draw and if you get it wrong you do indeed narrow the pool for seer to hide in.

Maybe better to trail this strategy on a seer13v2 game but I still think worth discussing.

I feel like Chandler with again right now....so I'm going to bed. Sorry team. :(

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

A lot will depend on what the mods posts were about.

You posted the Harley pic and 8 minutes later the mods posted the paper thingy

So it looks dodgy right now for you. Given Barbras suspicions.

No that bit I understand. I’m saying what he put in quotations as me saying wasn’t true

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Should we not wait at least until auto priest is confirmed

This seems better in an auto priest game.

Still not sure about it tbh.

Yeh I’m not convinced either. Leaves the seer very exposed if lower posters don’t get involved. You can bet all 4 wolves will take part. Any less then maybe 10 NRVs is a problem. And then there are RVs, who are prob more likely to want to help the village (then less active NRVs) so you are more likely to Have RVs aswell in that list of 10.

I’d suggest the seer finds a sneakier way of leaving bread crumbs. Maybe hint at who is a town lean and who you find dodgy. I find this method over messy and reliant on the involvement of many to make it work. Leaves our seer exposed until a decent number actually post.

Thanks Babs

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Maybe better to trail this strategy on a seer13v2 game but I still think worth discussing.

It is worth discussing, but this time of night, when most are heading to bed, and having not a massive amount of time before munch in the morning, probably wasn't the time to suggest it, and certainly not the time to act on it.

That's assuming you're the genuine article.

By the way, if anyone is doing a task on day 0 it's likely Orla.

Just look at the above posts.

How so?

• Advertisement

No that bit I understand. I’m saying what he put in quotations as me saying wasn’t true

Seems like a decent enough paraphrase to me, tbh:
    In a room full of Batman’s I’d like to be Harley Quinn, she is fire! :P

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d32db916752774e4d4b46ca&rid=giphy.gif

But I also want to be hip and in with it so I hate to break it to you all but

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d32e6176936656477c0cd18&rid=giphy.gif

Heads up I'll be around tomorrow until 2. I won't be around after that I'll likely be back at 11pm ish for a quick read.

Tuesday I'll be gone from 11am. I'll be able to sneak in a bit of reading but won't be active.

I'll make sure to give FFA daily. I'm sad about this but real life.

Heh, people worried about seer being exposed should really give out their strongest town lean instead of just poo pooing the strategy.

But hey, what do I know

tenor.gif?itemid=4255740

Can you expand on this? You posted it in relation to the newspaper post from the mods.

The headlines are grim

Heh, people worried about seer being exposed should really give out their strongest town lean instead of just poo pooing the strategy.

But hey, what do I know

Yeah, was surprised you'd take part. I put it down to the drink.

The headlines are grim
    Tough times in Gotham

Not helping Orla, not helping.

It is worth discussing, but this time of night, when most are heading to bed, and having not a massive amount of time before munch in the morning, probably wasn't the time to suggest it, and certainly not the time to act on it.

That's assuming you're the genuine article.

I feel like Chandler with a gun right now.... who's being chastised by his Da.

Sorry team :(

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

But hey, what do I know

tenor.gif?itemid=4255740

Why? I presume the first seer peak is tomorrow, how does it help today
    If people post who is their strongest lean?

Yeah, was surprised you'd take part. I put it down to the drink.

Why surprised? I like the strategy. It's an interesting discussion that brought some people out of the woodwork (waves at Frank)

• Advertisement

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Heads up I'll be around tomorrow until 2. I won't be around after that I'll likely be back at 11pm ish for a quick read.

Tuesday I'll be gone from 11am. I'll be able to sneak in a bit of reading but won't be active.

I'll make sure to give FFA daily. I'm sad about this but real life.

its alright dont worry about it I've got you. :p

Advertisement