Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Batman

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    Why? I presume the first seer peak is tomorrow, how does it help today
    If people post who is their strongest lean?

Glad you said presume, because you know what assume does.

It always help if people give their leans (town or wolf).

Who knows who'll be dead in the morning, better to have their thoughts on thread than keeping them bottled up

Like so many people post game say 'Oh I wish I said this' or 'I should have given my thoughts' when it's too late.

If you're village, just be up front and honest about what you're thinking. Keeping your thoughts to yourself doesn't help anyone.

Thought pissed in the bed and thought he was sweating after all.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Why? I presume the first seer peak is tomorrow, how does it help today
    If people post who is their strongest lean?

Ya thats the other thing we give a list of the most trusted villagers to the wolves, so they can pick them off at some stage too.

I really dont like this idea

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Glad you said presume, because you know what assume does.

It always help if people give their leans (town or wolf).

Who knows who'll be dead in the morning, better to have their thoughts on thread than keeping them bottled up

Yeh but why today? Again I always thought seer gets first peak after a munch?

Posting your “village peak” today means you need to post another tomorrow. The more each person posts their peak, the more wolves can narrow down who is lieing. What am I missing?

All we need is an inexperienced seer to get involved in this game and they could be caught out by more experienced players. Could be I’m knackered and ready for sleep but I am irked by your stance on this....

giphy.gif

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Ya thats the other thing we give a list of the most trusted villagers to the wolves, so they can pick them off at some stage too.

I really dont like this idea

Genuinely, without too much aggression (and not aimed at you Fiona btw)

Who gives a fcuk about the wolves.

I want to know what other villagers are thinking. That's how we win games.

• Advertisement

Genuinely, without too much aggression (and not aimed at you Fiona btw)

Who gives a fcuk about the wolves.

I want to know what other villagers are thinking. That's how we win games.

I mean I do I want their munch targets to be as hard as possible and leaving them to work out who the most trusted villagers are or aren't, without the village handing over the info.

its hard for a power roled villager to appear wolfy, (not saying it can't happen) but we are just narrowing down the munch list a fair bit.

If 1 or 2 wolfs manage to come across really villagery we could half the seer list for the wolves

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Yip this is a risk in the theory.

The strategy I'm looking at now suggests that people wait until you actually read someone as village before providing a read.

It's luck of the draw and if you get it wrong you do indeed narrow the pool for seer to hide in.

Maybe better to trail this strategy on a seer13v2 game but I still think worth discussing.

I feel like Chandler with again right now....so I'm going to bed. Sorry team. :(
    Gabriel WW wrote: »
    I feel like Chandler with a gun right now.... who's being chastised by his Da.

Sorry team :(

You’re obsessed by Chandler, mate.

Posting your “village peak” today means you need to post another tomorrow. The more each person posts their peak, the more wolves can narrow down who is lieing. What am I missing?

All we need is an inexperienced seer to get involved in this game and they could be caught out by more experienced players. Could be I’m knackered and ready for sleep but I am irked by your stance on this....

So you don't have any town or wolf leans? Not one?

Again I'll repeat far too much of the game is spent worrying about what not to say by villagers in case they get killed.

The only people that should be worrying about these things are the wolves because they have to avoid death in order to win.

If I get eaten tomorrow, so fricking what, at least I've got a volume of posts of my thoughts that people will hopefully go back over.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

So you don't have any town or wolf leans? Not one?

Again I'll repeat far too much of the game is spent worrying about what not to say by villagers in case they get killed.

The only people that should be worrying about these things are the wolves because they have to avoid death in order to win.

If I get eaten tomorrow, so fricking what, at least I've got a volume of posts of my thoughts that people will hopefully go back over.

I don’t like the seer plan and haven’t seen anybody explain away my concerns.

Not posting my leanings from 2 relatively quite days isn’t necessarily a bad thing. If you die , come up good but have given bad reads that doesn’t really help the village does it?

I’m not a good player so I don’t want to condemn anybody without some reasonable ground. I can barely find one half decent target after a few days and seldom get involved in FFAs. That’s just the way I play. Not great but we all have our ways of trying to help.

Anywho, that's enough drunken ramblings from me.

Night all

• Advertisement

I don’t like the seer plan and haven’t seen anybody explain away my concerns.

Not posting my leanings from 2 relatively quite days isn’t necessarily a bad thing. If you die , come up good but have given bad reads that doesn’t really help the village does it?

I’m not a good player so I don’t want to condemn anybody without some reasonable ground. I can barely find one half decent target after a few days and seldom get involved in FFAs. That’s just the way I play. Not great but we all have our ways of trying to help.

Bah, can't not respond to this. Dunno who your RL account is, but never undersell yourself Frank, if you're a villager then your views are equally as important as mine.

RVs can be wrong too! Don't just rely on them, trust in yourself and your own methods too!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

giphy.gif

Why should only the wolves get to have strategies?
    with possibly 19 villagers and 6 evils, we need to get our act together and strategize before the wolves become to influential in our decisions.

This plan is pro village, why resist?

Do you not want to help the seer to get their results out on the thread in the least risky and least cryptic way?

Seer cover helps the seer. They dont have to struggle to get their peeks out because all the cover means that the evils dont know who the seer is.

Tell me who batman is!

Do you think every villager saying "i'm batman" made batman more visible to the evils?

Or do you think batman has the cover of everybody else saying "Im batman"?

Its the same deal.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    Seems like a decent enough paraphrase to me, tbh:

Paraphrasing is fine but to paraphrase you don’t use quotation marks because the quotation marks mean it’s a direct quote of what I said which in fact it wasn’t, it was a paraphrase which you just stated.

I mean it doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things but I do like being right :P

Barbara WW wrote: »
    with possibly 19 villagers and 6 evils, we need to get our act together and strategize before the wolves become to influential in our decisions.

Do you not want to help the seer to get their results out on the thread in the least risky and least cryptic way?

Seer cover helps the seer. They dont have to struggle to get their peeks out because all the cover means that the evils dont know who the seer is.

Tell me who batman is!

Do you think every villager saying "i'm batman" made batman more visible to the evils?

Its the same deal.

I’m still not getting this fully. I get what you’re saying about strategising, I’ve just never come across this tactic in a game before so want to fully understand before I jump on board with it.

If everyone is saying “I’m the seer, I peeked *insert name here*. They’re a *insert alignment here*. Does that not cause unneeded chaos in a game that is already bound to have tons of chaos going by the OP? If everyone is saying it then does it not come down to who do we believe? We would have to discuss that at the time anyway no? And if we trust someone and they get it right then does that not reveal that they are the seer?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    I’m still not getting this fully. I get what you’re saying about strategising, I’ve just never come across this tactic in a game before so want to fully understand before I jump on board with it.

If everyone is saying “I’m the seer, I peeked *insert name here*. They’re a *insert alignment here*. Does that not cause unneeded chaos in a game that is already bound to have tons of chaos going by the OP? If everyone is saying it then does it not come down to who do we believe? We would have to discuss that at the time anyway no? And if we trust someone and they get it right then does that not reveal that they are the seer?

If everyone says it, it protects the real seer. Then if the seer dies and we know who they are, we can go back and see who they cleared or not. It's a long play, not a short play to get a solid lead right now.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

I'm the seer. Doris is penguin!

Tell me who batman is!

Its the same deal.

Lets imagine you and another person come across as really villagery and you are both actually wolves.

10 villagers say they peeked you and your buddy good, now not only are you more confident to take on a village lead, the seer has been massively compromised.

the wolves now peek from a list of 25 - x(wolves) - X people who said they peeked the wolves.

Thats before the wolves use any rational themselves to narrow down the list further.

There is a reason FFAs work as it only points to bad leans and it still gives the seer a chance to expose wolfs in them.

Its all just a bit fancy play sydrome for me

Long term this plan decreases the seers life span,

Eva WW wrote: »

No, us villager just ignore the cover until the time when seer is dead, then we go back over dead seers peeks and get the results, out on the thread plain as day.

Lets imagine you and another person come across as really villagery and you are both actually wolves.

10 villagers say they peeked you and your buddy good, now not only are you more confident to take on a village lead, the seer has been massively compromised.

the wolves now peek from a list of 25 - x(wolves) - X people who said they peeked the wolves.

Thats before the wolves use any rational themselves to narrow down the list further.

There is a reason FFAs work as it only points to bad leans and it still gives the seer a chance to expose wolfs in them.

Its all just a bit fancy play sydrome for me

f the players pick the same person then they really dont understand the laying cover idea.

there is 25 players and at least 19 villagers. Don't quadruple up on same player, like don't triple up even. pick somebody others have not, decide to trust them on thread. that does not mean you stop taking notes on them. take notes on everybody.

• Advertisement

If^

No, us villager just ignore the cover until the time when seer is dead, then we go back over dead seers peeks and get the results, out on the thread plain as day.

So we just say it and then everyone carries on business as usual? Say Desmond(just an example) peeks Angus(just an example) tomorrow who flips as penguin and everyone is saying they peeked someone and Des says he peeked Angus who’s penguin. Then the wolves know who the seer is and the seer dies?

Is it not wiser to do the likes of read lists and FFAs where the seer can peek in peace and then pull together things that prove what they know without outright saying they peeked someone?

And again this plan is better with an auto priest which it looks like we have.

As it wont expose the seer to people using wrong terminology, like x is a villager

Instead of good/bad in some games

Or NRV citizen of gotham

Its ok, just ok with an auto priest

If not it would be a disaster, most likely (% wise things can always just luck out randomly) but it doesn't help

I'd guess if this was a regular occurrence it would cost the village about 1 peek per game maybe more

f the players pick the same person then they really dont understand the laying cover idea.

there is 25 players and at least 19 villagers. Don't quadruple up on same player, like don't triple up even. pick somebody others have not, decide to trust them on thread. that does not mean you stop taking notes on them. take notes on everybody.

If everyone did it that way you would maximise the villagers picking wolfs

So say 25 players could only pick 1 available player

Straight off day 0/1

-5 wolves who knows wont pick a wolf, leaves 5 villagers to pick a wolf as a villager

and we are down to 15 targets for the wolves

If the wolves move early on day 2 picks then its likely 5 seer munch targets (worst case)

And so on if played correctly like you say, its daft

playing it this way is worse

If everyone did it that way you would maximise the villagers picking wolfs

So say 25 players could only pick 1 available player

Straight off day 0/1

-5 wolves who knows wont pick a wolf, leaves 5 villagers to pick a wolf as a villager

and we are down to 15 targets for the wolves

If the wolves move early on day 2 picks then its likely 5 seer munch targets (worst case)

And so on if played correctly like you say, its daft

Din't join in, paint a target on your back, that's fine too! You need a few not to join in on the fun for WIFOM.
    :D

playing it this way is worse
    When i flip babman, you know the plan propose by gabs is decent.

Din't join in, paint a target on your back, that's fine too! You need a few not to join in on the fun for WIFOM.
    :D

Here look if there is a study done on this strategy over a 1000s games or more compared to ones without that result in a higher % village win im all ears

But when you implement something which could reduce the seer down to a 1 in 456 target, on day 2 it sounds crazy.

It doesn't matter who part takes the more I peeked villager who was actually a wolf reduces the targets for wolfs.

• Advertisement

I'm batman I have a gun I'm shooting gab

pew pew pew pew

Advertisement