Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon 4K Fire Stick back down to £34.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭Invincible

Filelinked is the way to go, having previously used code*e

• Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Strange that I can install Kodi addons on my pc but not on the Firestick.

By the way vpn unlimited works on the Firestick & you can pay for it using phone credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭bromley52

I only just discovered that bar Alexa I can control most aspects of my 4K Firestick using my Samsung (H series) remote.
    Very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭ebayissues

Discodog wrote: »

By the way vpn unlimited works on the Firestick & you can pay for it using phone credit.

Does it work well with BBC Iplayer? Is the streaming slow?

ebayissues wrote: »
    Does it work well with BBC Iplayer? Is the streaming slow?

Working well.

• Advertisement

Working well.

Just installed and tried it now... it didnt work.

Just installed and tried it now... it didnt work.

Check your VPN

Check your VPN

Says I'm connected to UK- South Hampishre

Says I'm connected to UK- South Hampishre

So am I - Unlimited VPN with Kodi

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Keep an eye on discount websites, I got lifetime 5 devices for 15 euro last year.
    On firestick, does vpn unlimited auto start?

• Advertisement

TheDriver wrote: »
    Keep an eye on discount websites, I got lifetime 5 devices for 15 euro last year.

Yes

Yes

Handy for the less techo enabled people in the house.

When using it away from home I installed ovpn android to connect to my home network. This allows me to use my smart DNS.
    I'm in love with this device.

I am still figuring out Kodi so last night I used the Silk browser to watch the boxing. It worked flawlessly & the picture quality was way better than via my pc & chromecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Do you mean these kind of sites?

https://stacksocial.com/sales/vpn-unlimited-lifetime-subscription

polaris68 wrote: »

Wow. I would jump at that but I am paying with phone credit that would be wasted otherwise. Still tempted.

Can anyone think of a catch ? Just found one "for new users only" Would I get away with using a different email ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Wow. I would jump at that but I am paying with phone credit that would be wasted otherwise. Still tempted.

Can anyone think of a catch ? Just found one "for new users only"

Yeah, just want to be sure it's legit myself.

polaris68 wrote: »
    Yeah, just want to be sure it's legit myself.

The main criticism of Unlimited is that they are based in the US so not good if you need to really cover your tracks. But it works with iPlayer

Not glowing reviews but they do accept Paypal.

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/stacksocial.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

Any free way to get the us netflix on my firestick or do I need to pay for a vpn

Incase anyone else is having problems downloading Kodi addons from zip files, I solved the problem by updating to Kodi 18.3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Lads is there no way to setup one of these without a Payment method added to your account? I'm trying to set up one for a friend but it won't let me download apps.

I've used vpnunlimited on a home router for streaming, had some Netflix issues but wirks now and UK catchup works perfectly. Support is quick.

I've used vpnunlimited on a home router for streaming, had some Netflix issues but wirks now and UK catchup works perfectly. Support is quick.

I have no problems with Unlimited. It's whether the offer is genuine.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Stacksocial have screwed over people on boards in the past, they resold getflix but the terms and conditions were all messed up, basically you couldn’t use it for firestick etc to access Netflix it had to be via a pc

Yes but others have been fine. It's a gamble but at €35 via paypal, not a huge one.

The people used PayPal last time and only one or two got refunds
    Stacksocial said tough titty and getflix weren’t the seller so couldn’t get involved.

Interesting & off putting.

I have emailed Keep Solid & I will post any reply

Stacksocial have screwed over people on boards in the past, they resold getflix but the terms and conditions were all messed up, basically you couldn’t use it for firestick etc to access Netflix it had to be via a pc

The smart DNS from that offer won't work for US Netflix but installing and using Getflix VPN should work.

Well Keep Solid are certainly on the ball - they replied within 10 minutes :eek:

They say that it's a genuine offer.

I bought vpnunlimited from stacksocial last year, paid I think 15 yoyos and get the same product as on their website. Support don't seem to differentiate between price paid so suspect their product is that unlike getflix who vary it

Once it works with the firestick then you’re sorted

It does...........for now.

My concern is that I am an existing customer but only via the mobile app & three pay. Hopefully a different email address will be ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I’m using the firestick today instead of the nvidia shield and for the money you can’t go wrong it’s a great bit of kit and will be handy for holidays

I bought one for that reason....but is there a way of using this with an external hard drive - I don’t think I’ll have good enough WiFi so trying to figure out offline options....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement