Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Dublin play watchable football when it suits ,but its fairly obvious from attendances that the game is losing popularity , ban the handpass or at least enforce it , make players kick the ball ;any half decent kickpass and the commentators and pundits rave about it ,give the people what they want.

And who do we blame for the lack of kick passing. Is this another general observation? I'm glad you agree that Dublin are a pleasure to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,009 ✭✭✭threeball

ArielAtom wrote: »
    threeball wrote: »
    Even the mayo fans aren't bothering to travel to this Croke Park farce.

Who do we blame on that?

The GAA. The game should be in mullingar or roscommon. Stop being so paranoid.

• Site Banned Posts: 60 ✭✭Karma King

Darren Coen is turning into a very good player.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Speaking of, Why was MDMA blackcarded yesterday? I understand Jonny Cooper was acting the maggot with his opponent at the same time but I missed what Michael Darragh did?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,237 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Good start for Meath but feel like Mayo will gradually get rolling here

• Advertisement

threeball wrote:
    Even the mayo fans aren't bothering to travel to this Croke Park farce.
    What are you basing that on.

The upper tiers are open today. Clearly a bigger crowd than yesterday.

Because the place isn't even half full and mayo normally bring massive numbers.

Paranoid? Please explain, you have lost me.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Speaking of, Why was MDMA blackcarded yesterday? I understand Jonny Cooper was acting the maggot with his opponent at the same time but I missed what Michael Darragh did?

Case of mistaken identity, Lowndes blocked a run and they carded the wrong man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

And who do we blame for the lack of kick passing. Is this another general observation? I'm glad you agree that Dublin are a pleasure to watch.

You are a bit entrenched in your Dublin position but they are not the worst offenders , its apparent the GAA hope that organically over time the game will rectify itself but this position may be proved wrong.

Paranoid? Please explain, you have lost me.

Why were you asking who was to blame for the poor attendance bar your paranoia.

• Advertisement

Case of mistaken identity, Lowndes blocked a run and they carded the wrong man.

Thats what my wife said thanks.

Dublin play watchable football when it suits ,but its fairly obvious from attendances that the game is losing popularity , ban the handpass or at least enforce it , make players kick the ball ;any half decent kickpass and the commentators and pundits rave about it ,give the people what they want.

More Paranoia.

• Site Banned Posts: 60 ✭✭Karma King

Again, can ye take this crap to the Dublin thread. No one cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

The only one responsible for Galway being out of both championships this year is themselves. Not any other county.

Can you stop with the the world is ending whinging please. Your'e grating on everyone's nerves at this stage.

Karma King wrote: »
    Again, can ye take this crap to the Dublin thread. No one cares.

Its actually the 'changes in gaa' thread where all this *sh1t is housed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

threeball wrote:
    You expect Mayo to bring 20,000+ to every game?
    They are there in numbers.

STB. wrote: »

The only one responsible for Galway being out of both championships this year is themselves. Not any other county.

Can you stop with the the world is ending whinging please. Your'e grating on everyone's nerves at this stage.

When did I mention Galway.

When did I mention Galway.

I am mentioning it. I know what your problem is, even if you don't.

Any chance you can leave one thread alone without your constant broken record negativity and moaning. Pleassssssssssse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

That Newman is a great man for wasting ball

• Registered Users Posts: 24,981 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

That could or should have been the other way, charged him, , dangerous

• Advertisement

Jesus, that could and should have gone the other way too.

Apart from pace he brings very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Fergal boland's kicking for points seems poor enough tbh.

Should be a free in, I’m not a fan of this ref

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

Apart from pace he brings very little.

I wouldn't say he's Pacy at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

For all the talk of blanket defensives and tactics and other randomness it really comes down to the team with the best forwards/attacking players win. It's why I've never thought Mayo would get over the line. Meath look to be the same. I don't think Tyrone have enough either. Donegal and Kerry are the only ones to really get anywhere close to Dublin when it comes to fire power.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

This is strange game has weird feel to it.

Not really feeling much from it even though its close its not massively entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭spurshero

Jesus Tis very poor fair

This game will come down to who has the fitness to see out the 70.

Meath disappeared there for about 20 minutes. Mayo may edge it as they have the panel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I've had to hard out cards on this thread already today

This is the *2019* championship thread, not about changes or Dublin bashing

Anyone doing it again will be banned - you have had more than enough warnings

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement