Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Suckit wrote: »

Yeah ive seen that alright but like usually there would be some press conference like previous gigs where they would announce it and there hasnt been any hints about it from MCD at all. You never know they could just announce one out of the blue and say AC/DC are playing. Think it would be class if they did play it they would sell it out anyway which is what they want anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I was just messing. Throwing in a bit of mischief.
    He obviously wants them to play there, so may have made contact.

I don't like it as a venue to go to and leave so I hope not.

AC/DC have updated their social media platforms with all stuff celebrating the 40th anniversary of highway to hell so it's looking like we are getting a 40th anniversary tour hopefully probably a gig next summer

• Registered Users Posts: 37,926 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Duffy98 wrote: »
    AC/DC have updated their social media platforms with all stuff celebrating the 40th anniversary of highway to hell so it's looking like we are getting a 40th anniversary tour hopefully probably a gig next summer

Please not slane please not slane

Its going to be slane isn't it ?? Late may 2020 I'm guessing

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Please not slane please not slane

Its going to be slane isn't it ?? Late may 2020 I'm guessing

They said they had an act in mind for 2020 so it could be them , it could also be bruce Springsteen but i think its going to be them only way we will know is if they announce a press conference up in the castle or in Dublin somewhere , unlike metallica it hasnt even been leaked at all that there will be a Slane gig. I wouldnt be surprised if an Irish date isnt announced immediately and they just have a stand alone announcement for Slane. I think its a bit soon to announce the next Slane a month after metallica cause they will have no problem selling out slane for AC/DC just could easily be somewhere else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Not down in Slane
    Not down in Slane
    Ain't it a shame
    hope it's not down in Slane

I don't want the pain
    Do want to be not down in Slane
    Ohhh

Id recommend signing up to their newsletter on their website in case they have some presale for their shows cause I cant see tickets lasting long if we do get a date

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Layne

Good advice.
    Now if I could only find where to sign up, any pointers?? Can't find anything on their website.
    Id recommend signing up to their newsletter on their website in case they have some presale for their shows cause I cant see tickets lasting long if we do get a date

Link ?

Hope they play here the Aviva gig in 2015 was awesome.

No way I'd go back to Slane for anyone. I think they will headline there finally

Is phil Rudd back on drums
    Link ?

https://www.acdc.com/ and go up to the mail/envelope icon in the right hand corner and put your details into it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noelmcgov28

Liam Gallagher has announced a 2nd gig in 3 arena on Saturday 23rd November

Speaking of ACDC I hope Rudd stays out of trouble for the tour

Hes one dickhead of a man but nice to see some of the original band (well excluding the obvious sadly). Chris was great on the drums in 2015 and other years

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

66854660_10157596854754548_263615940053172224_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQkSJcI6pBCIHCHYja2TmexbEZWa-EM72jNt1K-xDqsKDu6JRwSWlDq09NkykgdGZOk&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=7f00b139655aff9785929b49e0646f49&oe=5DA178D5

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

66854660_10157596854754548_263615940053172224_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQkSJcI6pBCIHCHYja2TmexbEZWa-EM72jNt1K-xDqsKDu6JRwSWlDq09NkykgdGZOk&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=7f00b139655aff9785929b49e0646f49&oe=5DA178D5

Monday night gigs :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

So.... Jojo siwa in Dublin? Would anyone have a clue about prices for tickets on sale tomorrow? I'm off now to beat myself over the head for even having to ask such a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,803 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Monday night gigs :mad:
    Yep, seeing a lot more bands favouring UK gigs on weekends leading up to Monday nights here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Zardoz

So.... Jojo siwa in Dublin? Would anyone have a clue about prices for tickets on sale tomorrow? I'm off now to beat myself over the head for even having to ask such a question.

Standard ticket prices are

TIERED SEATING €39.20 - €59.85 plus fees
    FLAT SEATING €59.85

plus theres a mountainload of platinum and VIP seats too for higer prices.

My advice would be to wait until close to the gig and buy the unsold Platinum seats and VIP seats that will be sold at standard price.

Slipknot are coming to Dublin date to be announced to get early access you have to pre-order their album im assuming they will be in the three

• Registered Users Posts: 11,410 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Slipknot are coming to Dublin date to be announced to get early access you have to pre-order their album im assuming they will be in the three

Preorder is not necessary for presale. Link is on their store but currently restricted to UK only. That should change when the date is formed up or just use a UK vpn to get a code.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,297 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

source ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭bennyl10

greenspurs wrote: »
    source ?

MCD
    and themselves

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I wonder will it be knotfest? They did mention that they were thinking about bringing it over to Europe (i know they did it at one day of a festival a few weeks ago).

Is it worth paying €17 for a cd to get a pre-sale code for Slipknot or just wait until the dates announced use the three app judging by the cities on the tour it looks to be an arena tour , the gig seems to be getting a lot of hype online so id say they will have no problem selling it out , still waiting for the AC/DC announcement as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,410 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Is it worth paying €17 for a cd to get a pre-sale code for Slipknot or just wait until the dates announced use the three app judging by the cities on the tour it looks to be an arena tour , the gig seems to be getting a lot of hype online so id say they will have no problem selling it out , still waiting for the AC/DC announcement as well.

You don't have to buy anything for a preorder code.

No purchase is necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭bennyl10

didnt sell out last time, I'd be surprised if they manage it this time

still waiting for the AC/DC announcement as well.

Doubt it will be this week or even possibly before the end of the july. Think it will go like this

Dec 19- Jan 20- Austrailia/ New Zealand and Asia
    March/Apr 20- North America
    June/July 20- Europe
    Sep-Oct 20- South America etc

The Aviva date was expensive enough in 2015 and i shake at the thought of what ticket prices will be for this tour. Ticket prices are a disgrace

bennyl10 wrote: »
    didnt sell out last time, I'd be surprised if they manage it this time

Yeah I mean like if they want to sell it out the tickets should be affordable but judging by how prices have inflated for gigs nowadays they could be extortionate , hopefully they pick a reasonable date preferably a weekend ( im sure if you looked hard enough online you would find the date ) happy now i didnt buy tickets for Ghost after all luckily saw them at Slane

Doubt it will be this week or even possibly before the end of the july. Think it will go like this

Dec 19- Jan 20- Austrailia/ New Zealand and Asia
    March/Apr 20- North America
    June/July 20- Europe
    Sep-Oct 20- South America etc

The Aviva date was expensive enough in 2015 and i shake at the thought of what ticket prices will be for this tour. Ticket prices are a disgrace

It will be Slane im guessing?? Or even Croke Park yeah your right tickets for gigs nowadays are a disgrace shows over here in particular are well overpriced I saw Billy Corgan in the Olympia for 70 euro and he had the same show for 25 euro in Scotland like why is the price difference so big. I reckon it will be 100 minimum for AC/DC to just get your foot in the place and they will have all of the golden circle crap and premium seats to cash in no doubt though they will sell them all

It will be Slane im guessing?? Or even Croke Park yeah your right tickets for gigs nowadays are a disgrace shows over here in particular are well overpriced I saw Billy Corgan in the Olympia for 70 euro and he had the same show for 25 euro in Scotland like why is the price difference so big. I reckon it will be 100 minimum for AC/DC to just get your foot in the place and they will have all of the golden circle crap and premium seats to cash in no doubt though they will sell them all

I like to have my tickets for gigs bought early and have the cost out of the way but its just too much nowadays and id almost wait it out and try et cheaper ones closer to the day

The promoters flooding the ticket market before Xmas each year is frustrating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,667 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

That Versatile gig sold out. That Principal Skinner line springs to mind..! :P

Advertisement