Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rikand's Walrus Reveal!

Options

Comments

I think I went for a hard dance song which I'm not so sure about any more

Looking forward to this but with great trepidation as always. I'm definitely expecting Necro to have put Oasis for this one!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Looking forward to this but with great trepidation as always. I'm definitely expecting Necro to have put Oasis for this one!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

I hope not for his sake :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'll save that for the reveal, rather than spoiling ye.

Two burning questions each time around:

1. What Oasis song has Necro picked to annoy Rikand
    2. How many ways can he creatively insult Liam Gallagher each reveal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I didnt get an ounce of work done this evening because i was too busy trying to sort out the order of my songs.

Priorities :D

Still sorting the order, but may just have to sort it as I go.

It's the middle deckers that i'm struggling with. Bottom 5 and top 5 are pretty much set

Okay, all sorted! Lets go :D

15th Place :: The Arcade Fire - Neighbourhood Song #2 (laika)

The few offerings I have heard from The Arcade Fire to this point in my life have done little to nothing for me, so when this was submitted to me, I thought, well maybe I'll hear something new from them that will ignite the fire in me that has for so many others before me. Alas, it was not to be. I just didnt enjoy this at all. I accept that everyone is different and there's no denying their popularity, but to me this was awful rubbish. Sorry <3

15th Place - 1 point to
    fixxxer

14th Place :: Pulp - Sorted For E's & Wizz

I normally like Pulp, but this just did not work for me at all. I kept waiting for the chorus to kick in so I could start enjoying that part of the song, but it just seemed to keep on kicking into another verse and maybe thats what I dont like, its the structure. It just felt like a verse, followed by another verse, followed by another verse. This might be one of my least favourite pulp songs that I have ever heard :(

14th Place - 2 points to
    Strawberry Milkshake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Interesting choices so far. I don't hold out huge hope for mine. I love it but really not sure anymore.

13th Place :: Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams

I loved this when I was about 7 and my mother said I sang this song for weeks on end. Sadly, I must have sang it too much because I just dont enjoy it anymore. When it comes on the radio, I tend to change the station. If its on the TV, I change the channel. My wife loves it. Lots of people I know love it. I just dont love it anymore. In fact, I kinda hate it. Maybe I just listened to it way too much as a kid that it is now ruined for me

13th Place :: 3 points to
    Barney92

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I still love Sweet Dreams it reminds me of younger days too :)

I keep expecting my song to drop.... any time... now??

I'm scared :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,835 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I loved Sweet Dreams but now whenever I hear it I wish I was listening to the Marilyn Manson cover, I nearly entered that for my cover

I loved Sweet Dreams but now whenever I hear it I wish I was listening to the Marilyn Manson cover, I nearly entered that for my cover

I was going to mention that cover too :)

12th Place :: Steely Dan - Haitian Divorce

I've never listened to Steely Dan before and this just didnt really work for me for large parts of the song. The Beatles meets ReggaeRock is the kind of vibe I got from it. I've heard the song before, but I scarcely remember it. Still, I sometimes found myself absentmindedly boppin my head away to it as the song played on through. Actually I found, the less I paid attention to it, the more I enjoyed it. Something going along in the background is the place to have this for me

12th Place :: 4 points to
    Pretzil

Pretzill wrote: »
    I was going to mention that cover too :)

It's incredible. MM covers generally are but that one really brings out the evil in the lyrics

I'll do a Fixxer Noooooo

:(

I still love Sweet Dreams it reminds me of younger days too :)

I know it's not Eurythmics, but the Annie Lennox song that brings me back to younger days is 'Walking on Broken Glass'. As soon as I hear that intro, I'm dragged back to early 90s Saturday mornings and the ITV Chart Show.

• Advertisement

It's incredible. MM covers generally are but that one really brings out the evil in the lyrics

I was surprised no one submitted a Manson cover in the first round tbh

Necro wrote: »
    I was surprised no one submitted a Manson cover in the first round tbh

Yeah, me too. It was my first thought, wish I had now!

I'll do a Fixxer Noooooo

:(

ETA: Haitian Divorce probably isn't the best introduction to Steely Dan - have a listen to FM, or Deacon Blues Rikand.

11th Place :: Lamb - Gabriel

not bad, started off slow and kinda just stayed slow. This submitter thought that this was the entry of his that was the best fit for my music styles. Eh, Hello ? Your cat 2 entry was amazeballs! Whereas this, didnt really do it for me

11th Place - 5 points to
    Electric Nitwit

ETA: Haitian Divorce probably isn't the best introduction to Steely Dan - have a listen to FM, or Deacon Blues Rikand.

I will :)

Rikand wrote: »
    This submitter thought that this was the entry of his that was the best fit for my music styles. Eh, Hello ? Your cat 2 entry was amazeballs!

I think this matches what you've been saying more :p
    65daysofstatic caught you slightly off guard, which I loved, but I thought this was safer!

I know it's not Eurythmics, but the Annie Lennox song that brings me back to younger days is 'Walking on Broken Glass'. As soon as I hear that intro, I'm dragged back to early 90s Saturday mornings and the ITV Chart Show.

Yes, great track too!

Rikand wrote: »
    12th Place :: Steely Dan - Haitian Divorce

I've never listened to Steely Dan before and this just didnt really work for me for large parts of the song. The Beatles meets ReggaeRock is the kind of vibe I got from it. I've heard the song before, but I scarcely remember it. Still, I sometimes found myself absentmindedly boppin my head away to it as the song played on through. Actually I found, the less I paid attention to it, the more I enjoyed it. Something going along in the background is the place to have this for me

12th Place :: 4 points to
    Pretzil

They can be an acquired taste for many.

Check out songs like 'Don't Take Me Alive', 'Do It Again' and 'Reeling in the Years'...if you don't like those well then maybe the Dan isn't your thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

So I take it Oasis wasn't picked then :pac:

• Advertisement

Now we move into songs that I liked, but some more than others :)

10th Place :: Travelling Wilburys - Handle with Care

A nice song, but I'm gonna say something possibly controversial here. I dont like Bob Dylan. Well, I like his song writing, but i am not a fan of his singing. And even though he doesnt have much to do in this song, there's still just enough Dylan that I can never warm to it. Not even Roy Orbison's silky smooth vocal can get me over the tiny Dylan bit.

10th Place - 6 points to
    Green&Red

Advertisement