Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

So I'm thinking of going on my own, the person who was supposed to come with me has let me down. Am very nervous though have never done anything like this by myself would like to hear other people's experiences...

The guy who parked next to me last year was on his own for the first day. sparked up conversation with us in the car park then camped by us. met up throughout the weekend.

There was a great vibe so I say on your own you will be fine everyone was very friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 anon19008

Hoboo wrote: »
    Only one slab per person so that wouldn't be too difficult. Is that enforced though? I'll have the caravan full.

We all brought in way over the limit this year. I'm guessing its to try and get people buying drink at the bars to counter the allowance of bringing alcohol into the stage areas.

Is anyone still waiting on their tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Hoboo wrote: »
    Only one slab per person so that wouldn't be too difficult. Is that enforced though? I'll have the caravan full.

Was a 2 slab limit last year (or only 2 bottles of wine which was a bit stingy for a full weekend of free flow). On arrival they only had a cursory look in my cool box and waved me through. I had a slab of beer, couple bottles of wine and some cans of G&T/Mojito between my wife and I, so nothing crazy.

Think if you don't take the proverbial you'll be fine....even more so if it's hidden throughout your caravan!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭homosapien91

The guy who parked next to me last year was on his own for the first day. sparked up conversation with us in the car park then camped by us. met up throughout the weekend.

There was a great vibe so I say on your own you will be fine everyone was very friendly.

Yeah I'm hoping I 'll get talking to people and see what happens, also think it would be good to do things on my own terms see who I want to see etc. Will most likely just drive down on my own, I was here last year too and had an amazing weekend so really dont want to miss out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭Stillill42

So I'm thinking of going on my own, the person who was supposed to come with me has let me down. Am very nervous though have never done anything like this by myself would like to hear other people's experiences...

Can't speak for Alltogethernow but have done the last two Electric Picnics on my own and had a ball. You get to see exactly what you want to see, set your own schedule and you meets loads of nice people. Alltogethernow just as friendly a vibe. You'll have a great time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Definitely go! You'll love it. Any festival I've gone to I've disappeared for hours at a time anyway, then bumped into my mates accidently.
    If it comes to the worst, post in this thread and someone will rescue you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Announcing Perform Together Now 2019 ��

Over 1000 bands and artists applied to play at All Together Now Chapter Two, and while we are so grateful that so many of you want to play at #ATN19 here are the 10 emerging artists that have been selected: A. Smyth, Alfi, Backroad Smokers Club, Eve Clague, Fat Pablo, John Francis Flynn, Joshua Burnside, Kitt Philippa, Papa Rua, & Rob De Boer

From FB, only heard of Joshua Burnside

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

My thoughts on the issue here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107857939&postcount=8150

Basically, all festivals are a compromise between seeing stuff and having fun. You can go down on your own, not talk to anyone and see loads of cool bands, or go down with a group of 20 people, have a silly drunken time but only see 2 or 3 acts. For most people, its all about the in between.

As others have said, you can make friends fairly easily in the campsite or when you go to gigs, depending on how outgoing you are. But thats only if you want to.

Its perfectly fine to go down on your own, do your own thing and see loads of good stuff. When there is a good lineup, its actually better to be there on your own.

As regards security etc, the same rules apply avout taking sensibke precautions whether there is one or twenty of you!

Enjoy the fest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

On the subject of meet ups, I'd love this but lack organisational skills!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭darzog

Apologies in advance for the essay...

Heading down on my own to camp this year too (although I have a few family and friends in the caravan part who I’ll see periodically over the weekend). Re. my own recent experiences. I did two-dayer at Stendhal last year on my own without knowing a soul there, and it was my first solo expedition.

The mood etc. will (in all likelihood) be very different at ATN from Stendhal. It’s a North-West thing (garlic and crosses are produced at the first whiff of a Belfast accent, and there was zero craic in my part of the campsite). As a disclaimer for my Derry friends, I jest (kinda), but in my experience...the further South, the more relaxed and open the vibe (if you’ll forgive the presumption). Having said that, it was an adventure. I enjoyed the company of both gentlefolk and moonbeams in equal measure!!

I have to force myself to talk to random people on account of general introversion but find I often get it back tenfold. I usually go to festivals with family & friends, but find I’m on my own around 80% of the time anyway due to arcane musical tastes, so an extra 20% shouldn’t be too much of a leap for me this time around, and the freedom to flit from stage to stage on a whim is terribly liberating.

Having said all that, if you’re not feeling it, send up the flare and someone from these parts will surely swing by to share a can and chat music and general nonsense... All the best!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭mrk75

hope80 wrote: »
    Thanks a mil, great to have a feel for how far things are apart, hoping we wont have to make too many trips back to car for bits with kids in tow. Getting so exciting now, cant wait for everything to be released

Yeah, that's good to know. I'm in the family camp too so looks like I won't have to haul everything out of the car in one go and can possibly go back and forth - set up the tent and go back for the bags and leave stuff in the car we might only need "just in case"....

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

On the subject of meet ups, I'd love this but lack organisational skills!

I imagine there'll be markedly less teens to kick at ATN than EP, so we'd need a new group activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭homosapien91

Thanks all for the advice it is much appreciated! Going to go shopping for camping gear at the weekend and just go for it - I normally just borrow camping gear but it's probably about time I got my own and if I enjoy going solo I may make it regular occurrence so be handy to have my own!

Nice to know I can put a shout out on here over the weekend for cans and chats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hope80

mrk75 wrote: »
    Yeah, that's good to know. I'm in the family camp too so looks like I won't have to haul everything out of the car in one go and can possibly go back and forth - set up the tent and go back for the bags and leave stuff in the car we might only need "just in case"....

I am the queen of 'just in case', drives my dh insane so will be glad to know some bits can be left in the car without too mush hassle ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Smoldering Rock

Does anyone know what the story is with hanging around in the camping area if you have a camper van ticket?
    Im the only one in my group camping....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Perhaps nearer the time we could set up a WhatsApp group (I know...not another!) Just set it up Friday morning and then delete it Monday afternoon or something. Could be good for meet-ups but also for sharing info on the ground eg burger macburger in the somewhere area doing kick ass burgers! Or, music still happening after 3:30 in the elsewhere area! Etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭endainoz

Perhaps nearer the time we could set up a WhatsApp group (I know...not another!) Just set it up Friday morning and then delete it Monday afternoon or something. Could be good for meet-ups but also for sharing info on the ground eg burger macburger in the somewhere area doing kick ass burgers! Or, music still happening after 3:30 in the elsewhere area! Etc...

Sounds like a fantastic idea! Between us all here we should be able to share helpful info and be able to see site set up pics if possible, I'm looking at you bodhrandude!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Le Bruise wrote: »
    The family/boutique/campervan area is to the left in this aerial shot (the other side of the lake from the house). Parking is beside it but not seen in the picture.

I've also included last year's site map for reference.

Great pics...

I can see my Tent !!!! :)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Frostyz

MJohnston wrote: »
    They checked it last year. Or, at least, they checked the spot where the gas should be. They didn't check where I'd stashed it in my roofbox.
    Thanks for the reply (Tip) MJohnstone 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Frostyz wrote: »
    Hi Guys, Can anyone tell me why the don't allow gas in campervans ? Do they really enforce this ?
    Thanks

I was asked if I had gas and I said no. That was it. No search.

I did have gas btw, but I had it hidden just in case.

• Advertisement

greenspurs wrote: »
    Great pics...

I can see my Tent !!!! :)

So can I!!! (as in, I can see MY tent....it'd be rather weird if I spotted your tent) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

The family/boutique/campervan area is to the left in this aerial shot (the other side of the lake from the house). Parking is beside it but not seen in the picture.

I've also included last year's site map for reference.

I made this google map based on the attached one there.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_pAkSeHcQNcQX10duTOfolupcFPNk7l9&usp=sharing

Obviously this will be different for this year.

Cheers for that, I do love a good map!

Cheers for that, I do love a good map!

Wheres my tent !?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭whelzer

Very handy - for us newbies.

Does anyone know if you can you Boutique Parking if you are in Tangerine Fields?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

whelzer wrote: »

Does anyone know if you can you Boutique Parking if you are in Tangerine Fields?

Yes.

great map …

The obvious thing for them to do is to enlarge the camping areas by moving them all up the hill, (left as you look at the map).

There is loads of room for the car park, and plenty room to fit in all the various types of camping in that area.

whelzer wrote: »

All Boutique/Tangerine/Family camping uses the same car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

maximoose wrote: »
    From FB, only heard of Joshua Burnside

Don't know most of them but have seen A.Smyth twice and he is very good.

Can see my tent in one of those aerial shots too.. I don't think my new blue tent will be as recognisable this year judging by the amount of them :pac:

btw I think that is a good idea about the WhatsApp group!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭whelzer

All Boutique/Tangerine/Family camping uses the same car park.

Cool! Fairly handy walk so....distance to tent has a direct bearing on the number of cans I am prepared to drag, push, pull!

Advertisement