Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sh!t that makes you feel old.

Options

Comments

is_that_so wrote: »
    Walking into a bar and realising that you are!

Have realised that too more than once Cue me beating swift retreat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

... all they want is pizza, drink, shopping and phone scrolling ...

Such wisdom in ones so young!

It took me until my 40s before the penny dropped and I realised the irrelevance of 'What is going on in the world'. I always knock off the radio now when the news comes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,236 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Having to shave between my eyebrows on a daily basis to avoid getting a mono brow.
    And having to trim nose and ear hair twice weekly at this stage :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Cyclepath wrote: »
    My son asked me "Dad how did you settle arguments before Google?"

'The Encyclopedia, son'.

banie01 wrote: »
    Rocking up to Costello's in Limerick and being told we might be a bit too old for the crowd :(

Ouch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

people suggesting that at my age I really should move to the mainland, preferably into ....sheltered accommodation..

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭aj89

I bought a new lawnmower on at the weekend and couldn't wait to use it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

aj89 wrote: »
    I bought a new lawnmower on at the weekend and couldn't wait to use it!

im 28 and done the same, big dirty ride on

dont feel to bad

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

finding yourself watching Gardener's world and enjoying it :o

something which would have been unthinkable when i was young & cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

fryup wrote: »
    finding yourself watching Gardener's world and enjoying it :o

something which would have been unthinkable when i was young & cool

and the excitement when they are talking about tackling a weed that you have in your garden

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

When the greys start to appear downstairs :eek:

Hasn't happened yet but I've a fair few on top so I presume the inevitable isn't too far away :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

When you start pissing more and ejaculating less.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    and the excitement when they are talking about tackling a weed that you have in your garden

Yeah! "I'm gonna get that bastard now".
    Great TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

I said to a waitress in work on sunday 'he looks like rodney doesn't he', remarking on a tall and fair haired lad who works there
    She replied 'who's rodney' to which I replied 'rodney from fools and horses'
    'What's fools and horses' was her reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I said to a waitress in work on sunday 'he looks like rodney doesn't he', remarking on a tall and fair haired lad who works there
    She replied 'who's rodney' to which I replied 'rodney from fools and horses'
    'What's fools and horses' was her reply
    A few years ago a young one in my brother's office asked him what he thought of One Direction. He asked her (not being sarcastic) if that was a new radio station :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

When the youngest students in your class were only born around the time you graduated with your primary degree!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    When the greys start to appear downstairs :eek:

Hasn't happened yet but I've a fair few on top so I presume the inevitable isn't too far away :(

i had to re read that a few times , i thought you said gays at first. the rest became confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Archeron

The first time the barber asks if you want your ear hair trimmed. That was a few years ago. More recently one barber asked if I wanted the mental bits of my eyebrows cut back. Said it like he was talking about a hedge.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭junospider

When your son becomes a grandfather!!!( Not me, my mate.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭circadian

When the staff at your kids crèche put their birthdays on the walls as part of a birthday wall for the kids. 1996. Nineteen ****ing nintey six.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,212 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

circadian wrote: »
    When the staff at your kids crèche put their birthdays on the walls as part of a birthday wall for the kids. 1996. Nineteen ****ing nintey six.

Shouldn't be charge of looking after kids at that,only children themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,212 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

circadian wrote: »

Shouldn't be charge of looking after kids at that age,only children themselves:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭hgfj

Reading posts about feeling old written by people twenty years younger than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

The realization most of my favourite games and a lot of other amazing stuff was produced by people of the age group I now look down on as immature.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

When your old teachers insist that you call them by their first name if you happen to meet them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

.. then there was the time, when I still was within reach of Sunday Mass in the cathedral, that I realised that getting up from kneeling might need a crane...the get up and go in my knees had got up and went... only way else so inelegant I stayed kneeling until the cathedral had emptied.... getting anything out of the bottom cupboard always reminds me..

• Registered Users Posts: 44 DPolo

When your coming home late from work on a Friday and see the teenagers with bags of cans and realise its been near 20 years since you did the same :p

When you go to the doctor with an ailment and they tell you its 'wear and tear'.

Basically, 'this is your life now, you are partly broken'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Going back and looking at say classic 80s actions movies and going on imdb to find out said actor was around my age or even younger. Makes me not only feel old but ive done nothing with my life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,164 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Going back and looking at say classic 80s actions movies and going on imdb to find out said actor was around my age or even younger. Makes me not only feel old but ive done nothing with my life.

looking back and realising that i am nearly the same age Pat Morita was when he did Karate Kid.

Advertisement