Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sh!t that makes you feel old.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

branie2 wrote: »
    I'm in my 40th year.

You're only a young man Branie !

But you're making me feel old :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

branie2 wrote: »
    I'm in my 40th year.

and still w*nkin ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

fergus1001 wrote: »
    and having HIV

sure it's not Hep C you are thinking of?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

and having HIV

Having hiv makes you feel old?im sure it does

• Registered Users Posts: 11,032 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I am older than every player that started for Wexford on Sunday, and only one player on the entire panel is older than me.

Christ, they all seemed like mythological figures going to games years ago.

Crazy how the minutes fly by without you realising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,164 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

and having HIV
    Boom_Bap wrote: »
    sure it's not Hep C you are thinking of?

Correct, she has HepC not HIV.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

fryup wrote: »
    and still w*nkin ;)

not a lot these days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I was just thinking about USA 94 - obviously about the matches involving Ireland, Giants' Stadium, Aldridge's meltdown etc. But also about Romania and Bulgaria in the tournament. 25 years ago today, Romania beat Argentina in a fantastic match.

25 years. It is now as far back to 1994 as it was from 1994 to 1969 - the f*cking 1960s. And in another 25 years it'll be 2044 and I'll be pushing 70 years old if I'm even alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

BrianD3 wrote: »
    I was just thinking about USA 94 - obviously about the matches involving Ireland, Giants' Stadium, Aldridge's meltdown etc. But also about Romania and Bulgaria in the tournament. 25 years ago today, Romania beat Argentina in a fantastic match.

25 years. It is now as far back to 1994 as it was from 1994 to 1969 - the f*cking 1960s. And in another 25 years it'll be 2044 and I'll be pushing 70 years old if I'm even alive.

With Diego Maradona, one of the greatest players the world has ever seen, sitting on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SaveTheBees

Your kids have never heard about a floppy disk, walkman, game boy, Amiga 500 or C64 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,659 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

BrianD3 wrote: »

Closer to the moon landing than today...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Born in 45, makes you 33 in 78.

Knowing the significance of all three numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

A few of us went brogg in cork last week, me (24) my partner (28) three girls who are all twenty and 22 and 26 year old. We could see they were asking everyone for I D i didn’t have any on me and so me and my boyfriend said we’d queue first so if I got refused entry and I also had my phone open on my Facebook and I was totally prepared to explain to the bouncers the situation. They let me in without blinking . I feel very old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

MissD93 wrote: »
    A few of us went brogg in cork last week, me (24) my partner (28) three girls who are all twenty and 22 and 26 year old. We could see they were asking everyone for I D i didn’t have any on me and so me and my boyfriend said we’d queue first so if I got refused entry and I also had my phone open on my Facebook and I was totally prepared to explain to the bouncers the situation. They let me in without blinking . I feel very old
    :eek:

A 24-year-old feeling very old just because they look older than 18, is sh1t that makes me feel old.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Your kids have never heard about a floppy disk, walkman, game boy, Amiga 500 or C64 ;)

Ahem. :-)

( Poor man's C64).

A 24-year-old feeling very old just because they look older than 18, is sh1t that makes me feel old.

The fact they were going to use Facebook as id makes me feel old

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭trashcan

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Born in 45, makes you 33 in 78.

Knowing the significance of all three numbers

I wish I was young enough for that to have gone over my head, but it didn't. Still, the consolation is those of us who got it are probably much more likely to have good taste in music, so, every cloud.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

I get it now - and I like it! You don't have to be old though, just a music fan. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Sh!t that makes you feel old? that's be every shít and the fact I've to rub cream on me grapes after every one too

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Being 38 and wearing a 24 hour blood pressure monitor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Getting refused entry to underage discos.

I still have to endure the same humiliation and I'm the wrong side of 35 pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,488 ✭✭✭✭banie01

valoren wrote: »
    Being 38 and wearing a 24 hour blood pressure monitor.

Have to do it yearly :(
    Every year since 30, still not quite 40.
    The every 15/30 minutes pump and squeeze is compounded by the annoying as fúck random ones :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,488 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I still have to endure the same humiliation and I'm the wrong side of 35 pal.

Rocking up to Costello's in Limerick and being told we might be a bit too old for the crowd :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

trashcan wrote:
    so, every cloud.........

unless it's a neuclear mushroom cloud lined with cesium 237

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭baldbear

When you see new people at work and wonder are they transition year students before realising they are actually 25.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

About 2 years ago my youngest had a bad bang on the head and a concussion, resulting in a trip to A&E just to be sure all was ok.

Genuinely surprised myself by wondering when the Dr came in if her Mom was with her or when her senior would be coming to legitimise her diagnosis.

She was, of course, very capable and astute but were she not in scrubs she wouldn’t have looked out of place in a confirmation dress.

Edited to add: To the poster complaining of feeling old at 24, you don’t even nearly belong here :D;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

unless it's a neuclear mushroom cloud lined with cesium 237
    Ah caesium, the silvery metal whose name comes from "Sky".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭puppieperson1

i try to educate my co workers on what s happening in the world and in our country and they look at me like i have 2 heads all they want is pizza, drink, shopping and phone scrolling the future is bleak.....

i try to educate my co workers on what s happening in the world and in our country and they look at me like i have 2 heads all they want is pizza, drink, shopping and phone scrolling the future is bleak.....

In my time these workers were called the “Work - Telly” types. Nowadays replace “Telly” with “Netflix”, “Love Island”, “Facebook” type. They can be noticed on the public transport by their loud babble to one another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

banie01 wrote: »
    Rocking up to Costello's in Limerick and being told we might be a bit too old for the crowd :(
    Walking into a bar and realising that you are!

Advertisement