Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europe for Europeans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I mean Israel started with much more that 17% so that’s disingenuous. What’s the non Jewish immigrant population of Israel?

(I don’t watch any RTE btw).

About 10%. That is not counting about 203,000 migrants there illegally though. Many of them African.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

One of the problems here is that the middle ground should acknowledge that there may be a problem with Muslim immigration, while rejecting the hatred of the far right.

Unfortunately the situation ends up being binary as any questioning of borders can get anybody called far right.

One of the problems here is that the middle ground should acknowledge that there may be a problem with Muslim immigration, while rejecting the hatred of the far right.

Unfortunately the situation ends up being binary as any questioning of borders can get anybody called far right.

The Muslim population in Ireland is 1.3%. There isn't a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭chuchuchu

The “world” really means the west. Or the US.

Why not invade China? It’s got nukes. Anyway by and large the US invades countries that are pushovers and non nuclear.

Well it was 1950 when they invaded - just after world war 2 had ended, so probably only the US had nuclear weapons at the time. And they didn't just invade, they occupied it and flooded the country with their own people and brain washed the children, with the aim of making Tibet part of China. The Dalai Lama left, he would of been killed if he stayed. Still he would of heard over the years of the horrific atrocities done to to the Tibetans.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

But what does that mean though?

I was born here. I like Irish culture I love the music.

I mean if your parents were born here etc. You were born here your origins are here. If you like Irish culture etc. Are you not Irish?

What is your definition of 'ethnically'.

How many generations do you have to go back?

What if your grandparents were from Germany? But your parents born here etc? are you Irish?

The natives? Is that what you call Irish people? You sound like a British colonialist speaking about some far off regressive tribe.

I am Irish I was born here. My parents were born here. And despite that i don't want to be referred to as one of the 'The natives'.

3 generations at least

• Advertisement

Blueshoe wrote: »
    3 generations at least
    Like Nurembourg?

The Muslim population in Ireland is 1.3%. There isn't a problem.

The thread is about Europe though.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Oh hello, and it went downhill from there. :D

He probably has come to expect a level of obsequiousness you may not have been displaying.

The thread is about Europe though.

The Muslim population of Germany is 5% .

The Muslim population of France is 7%.

The Muslim population of Sweden is about 8 %

The latest I see for France is about 9%. France doesn’t ask these questions in the census.

Of of the problems with your response is that I now have to sound like an islamophobe, while I have no real hostility to that religion.

However there are two demographic forces that will mean these figures will change. Continued immigration and higher birth rates for Muslims in France.

Good report from pew here.

https://www.thelocal.fr/20171201/how-frances-muslim-population-will-grow-in-the-future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Liberta Per Gli Ultra

Stephen15 wrote: »
    They have to be ethnically Irish

Which version of "ethnically Irish" are we talking about here? Scandi style (ginger hair, pale skin, afraid of the sun, etc.) or "Black Irish" (darker hair, able to tan like a normal person). Any chance you could see your way to letting in some Portuguese or Italian women, for the sake of the gene pool? They'd probably be nominally catholic if that helps.

The latest I see for France is about 9%. France doesn’t ask these questions in the census.

Of of the problems with your response is that I now have to sound like an islamophobe, while I have no real hostility to that religion.

However there are two demographic forces that will mean these figures will change. Continued immigration and higher birth rates for Muslims in France.

Good report from pew here.

If you have no hostility to the religion why would you mind if france became 90% muslim tomorrow?

By the way the muslim birth rate is like 3.1 children per woman. The non muslim in europe is 2.1 per woman. With the highest being in France and Ireland.

Muslims cherish family and children. Generally European western society doesn't as much.

You reap from your values as a society. Both the good and the bad.

If you have no hostility to the religion why would you mind if france became 90% muslim tomorrow?

I wouldn’t. If I lived in France I’d just become Muslim albeit a secular leaning one. I’d miss pubs but as a straight guy it wouldn’t be that much of a chore. Merely pointing to the demographics.
    By the way the muslim birth rate is like 3.1 children per woman. The non muslim in europe is 2.1 per woman. With the highest being in France and Ireland.

The non Muslim figure there is wrong. Most European countries (across all faiths) are well below replacement. Which means an exponential fall in their population. Anything above 2.1 is an exponential increase.
    Muslims cherish family and children. Generally European western society doesn't as much.

Hard to know what that means. I mean Europeans often spoil their children. Clearly they aren’t having that many though.
    You reap from your values as a society. Both the good and the bad.

Indeed.

I wouldn’t. If I lived in France I’d just become Muslim albeit a secular leaning one. I’d miss pubs but as a straight guy it wouldn’t be that much of a chore. Merely pointing to the demographics.

Wut?

The non Muslim figure there is wrong. Most European countries (across all faiths) are well below replacement. Which means an exponential fall in their population. Anything above 2.1 is an exponential increase.

Indeed.

Well then they need replacement then don't they?:confused:

Wut?

Not sure what’s not to understand. The thought experiment was “what if Europe/France became Islamic”. My answer is that it wouldn’t affect me all that much.

Not sure what’s not to understand. The thought experiment was “what if Europe/France became Islamicâ€. My answer is that it wouldn’t affect me all that much.

If Sharia law was brought into France you don't think it would change your life?

Ok then.

If Sharia law was brought into France you don't think it would change your life?

Ok then.

I wouldn't mind living in Dubai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

For the 2050 (Medium migration) estimate, it will be 10.6%
    2050 estimate is 17.4%
    2050 estimate is 20.5%, with the higher estimate at 30.6%...

Well then they need replacement then don't they?:confused:

I do think modern western thought is suicidal to some extent. Our secular priests are the academics who have largely abandoned defending western culture at best, and are actively hostile to it at worst. A culture whose elites don’t defend it isn’t viable.

And Europe does need immigrants. Otherwise the population in some countries could half.

My guess is we will end up in a situation where an eventual alliance will form between Christian and other conservatives and Islamic voters, and I would expect that then liberalism will start being hostile to Islam but not before. Also liberalism will reverse.

there are some flash points already like the Birmingham school anti LGBT education protests.

(By the way. My feeling on that is that the schools should be sensitive to the local populations beliefs).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Ok then.

I ignore Christian rules so I will also ignore muslin rules so it's fun either way, bring it on

(By the way. My feeling on that is that the schools should be sensitive to the local populations beliefs).

That's a very good point.

It's easy to throw shame onto Muslims for protesting about the teaching of homosexuality. But I would be first in line to denounce my child's school for promoting gender fluidity or non-binary celebration.

And Europe does need immigrants. Otherwise the population in some countries could half.

The EU has a pool of about 1/2bn, with free movement of people and so on. Any EU country 'halfing' in population anytime soon, is pure science fiction.

Automation replacement will slurp up many/most of the unskilled job roles, mass inward migration of the low/un-skilled is really not needed and illogical.

Sawduck wrote:
    I ignore Christian rules so I will also ignore muslin rules so it's fun either way, bring it on

Fun until you are killed for disobedience.

Ok then.

It would, but I’m a straight guy so not that much. We are a long way from that though. It was a thought experiment.

I wouldn't mind living in Dubai.

Off you pop so. Islamic countries are horrific if you are used to Western values. Unless of course you think that holiday resorts in Dubai are representative of Islamic Sharia law

The EU has a pool of about 1/2bn, with free movement of people and so on. Any EU country 'halfing' in population anytime soon, is pure science fiction.

Well the anytime soon is a qualifier but it’s inevitable that a population with a TFR of say 1.5 will half over time. About two or so generations. I’ll let the workings out as an exercise.
    Automation replacement will slurp up many/most of the unskilled job roles, mass inward migration of the low/un-skilled is really not needed and illogical.

Now that is science fiction.

Now that is science fiction.

Circa 40% of all current roles will be replaced via automation, by 2030-35.
    Suggest you educate yourself on these forecasts.

In manufacturing, 1.0 automated/robotic process will result in a factor of 1.6 human redundency.

Now if you consider unskilled uneducated illiterate young males, that figure will be approaching the much, much higher percentiles.

Talking about that:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jul/03/birmingham-primary-school-to-resume-modified-lgbt-lessons

Modified lessons which take the sensibility of the local religious populations into account.

There lies the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭yoke

You should take a breather, you've over 3000 posts in less than 10 weeks, you're simply spamming threads at this stage, or at the very least learn to multi quote, no offence
    I don't believe I attacked you personally, just your posting style, i don't agree/disagree with your posts, i just think to myself someone with a posting history such as yours with nearly 50 posts a day is simply jumping on threads because they can, it disrupts the flow of threads if 1 or 2 posters dominate the way you do, i dont mean any offense but when i see your name in a thread i just bypass it because of all the repetitive posts. Again i apologise and don't mean any offense

You should take a breather, you've nearly the same number of posts I have in 11 years in only half a year, you're simply spamming threads at this stage, or at the very least learn to make an actual point, no offence

Advertisement