Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition Discussion

• 29-06-2019 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

As the competition thread is just for posting links, starting a thread for related discussions/questions.

As per the post that opened the original thread, it is for posting competition links. Recently, there's been more chats than links making it difficult to check if a competition has been shared already. This results in duplicate competitions being posted and way too many email notifications.

The likes of Gormal and others very kindly put in a lot of time and effort collecting, checking and sharing competitions. We don't want to make it harder.

Most seem to be happy with posts saying thanks to OP if you win. Nothing stopping you adding a link to a competition with it though :) Afterall, it doesn't work unless ppl contribute.

It'd be great if we could keep questions on delivery of prizes/t&cs/answers and chats here. Only share links and wins on the original post.

Hope this works for everyone!

I love winning stuff so always up for a chat about what's been working and what's not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭ladymary

always up for the chats too, love hearing about wins

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭COD4132

Great Thread to start. Thanks Zimszimer1

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭zimszimer1

ladymary wrote: »
    always up for the chats too, love hearing about wins

Ah very good. Anything that's been working for you?

I only ever win small things, either on local radio, twitter or Instagram. I gave up on Facebook competitions years ago. Wins a win though and it's still lovely when a prize arrives. Magazine competitions where you have to email in seem to be easy enough to win as well. The dream is to win a holiday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭smallgarden

I think Twitter is one of the best social platforms to try win competitions. You can search for specific things you want to win

I think Twitter is one of the best social platforms to try win competitions. You can search for specific things you want to win

Mind me asking how you search? I switch between ppl you follow and local filters, with general search terms like "rt win" "giveaway" etc. I'm not living in Dublin so probably missing most of the Irish competitions.

• Advertisement

zimszimer1 wrote: »
    Mind me asking how you search? I switch between ppl you follow and local filters, with general search terms like "rt win" "giveaway" etc. I'm not living in Dublin so probably missing most of the Irish competitions.

Theres definitely more results in the people near me when in Dublin alright. I also type in specific terms like win kaleidoscope, win rds and click latest and all/not restricted. It's good for winning tickets e.g. bloom, taste etc. I'm also sneaky and if you come across someone who does a lot of comping on twitter and I search their twitter handle, making sure not to like or rt their tweets as that's really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cvb03

Theres definitely more results in the people near me when in Dublin alright. I also type in specific terms like win kaleidoscope, win rds and click latest and all/not restricted. It's good for winning tickets e.g. bloom, taste etc. I'm also sneaky and if you come across someone who does a lot of comping on twitter and I search their twitter handle, making sure not to like or rt their tweets as that's really annoying.

Does your Twitter need to be on public to win on the competitions?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Gangu

I won on the New York bagel competition. First win in about a year of entering everything. Everything except Facebook and instagram.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭COD4132

Instagram seems to be where i'm getting wins from havent won much but got a BBQ from Insta.

Must revisit Twitter as seems to be a lot of success.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 blackro12345

If only all the competitions were like the Coke one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭davo2001

Has the coke comp finished?

davo2001 wrote: »

Closing date was 30th June so I presume so

davo2001 wrote: »

Yep, finished on the 30th June!

cvb03 wrote: »
    Does your Twitter need to be on public to win on the competitions?

Almost every competition will ask for a retweet so needs to be public alright.

Almost every competition will ask for a retweet so needs to be public alright.
    Yes. The cost of entering is free marketing for the brand on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭ladymary

Hi guys anybody entering the HEINZ150 are ye getting the reply
    when ye text in, i did first 2 days but nothing since..

That circle k spin competition, anyone win anything?

ladymary wrote: »
    Hi guys anybody entering the HEINZ150 are ye getting the reply
    when ye text in, i did first 2 days but nothing since..

Ya same, haven't received a response since the Tues 2nd

Gangu wrote: »
    That circle k spin competition, anyone win anything?

Won a coffee and pastry yesterday! It's the small wins ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Can of orange is all I've won lately on the circle K spins!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭belle_09

Just got a text saying I'm a provisional winner in the Pringles text comp. Now I've to answer a question. Googled but answer isn't as clear as I'd like ��. Did anyone else get a text?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭thebond

yes I get the text, answer is 1968
    email the answer, and you will win the €400 lastminute.ie prize

Congratulations!:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Stephykavanagh

Yep, finished on the 30th June!
    I do know someone who won today so they must be giving out the unclaimed ones

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭1perriwinkle

belle_09 wrote: »
    Just got a text saying I'm a provisional winner in the Pringles text comp. Now I've to answer a question. Googled but answer isn't as clear as I'd like ��. Did anyone else get a text?

I wonder have they let everyone know that won? Didn’t get a text but would love a voucher :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dubs09

I wonder have they let everyone know that won? Didn’t get a text but would love a voucher :-P

Same here lol. Not having much luck these days! Congratulations to everyone that did win, that's a fantastic prize

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭lillycakes2

i got my prize aswell !!! so excited ! its such a great prize !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dubs09

I hope the OP was lucky too!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭belle_09

Delighted to have won a last minute voucher. I gave a long winded answer but they were happy to accept it ��such a great prize!

belle_09 wrote: »
    Delighted to have won a last minute voucher. I gave a long winded answer but they were happy to accept it ��such a great prize!

Well done & congrats to everyone that won. Great prize. It's encouraging to see wins from the thread too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭magicray

well done to the holiday voucher winners, still living in hope here

Has anyone any tips for twitter, I am not having any luck elsewhere so may aswell give it a go

Advertisement