Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M11/N30 - Gorey to Enniscorthy [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

kneemos wrote: »
    Could be to prevent anybody dropping rocks on passing trains.

Just throw them over it, I thought the anti suicide thing was a bit spurious too.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

I would presume its more to do with lorries possibly unshipping part of their loads and debris falling on to active railway lines?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

MichealD wrote: »
    I would presume its more to do with lorries possibly unshipping part of their loads and debris falling on to active railway lines?

I'll try to get a picture of it over the next few days.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

I always thought it was to do with steam trains and their smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Both sides of the Wexford road roundabout being used now, work on the N30 roundabout is very close to completion. She's coming to close, I won't be here the week it opens... Work trip that I can't get out of..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭VR6

fricatus wrote: »
    I read somewhere that those blanking barriers that you see on road bridges over railways are there to comply with an old railways regulation that stemmed from the need for farmers to be able to drive livestock on the road and for the animals not to be able to see trains passing below at speed (and thus be startled).

Or to prevent motorists from being distracted by the view of a railway line while driving ?

All the wire roadside fences on the Heathrow perimeter roads eg. have these barriers

• Registered Users Posts: 20,412 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

BAM refuse to allow charity tractor run on the new road.

https://wexfordtoday.com/2019/06/27/browne-critical-at-no-to-wexford-m11-novelty-event/

kneemos wrote: »

Ha ha I'm delighted for them, feckin stinkin tractors leaking fluids all over our new road!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

George Lawlor saying 19th July is the expected opening date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

lazer.blue wrote: »
    George Lawlor saying 19th July is the expected opening date.

Same day as the ice age ended.

• Advertisement

9th according to those working on the site..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Almost ready to go (pics fb)
    20tsOi0.jpg

F1CJPvF.jpg

W8dgnob.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Frostybrew

Is this opening as a motorway?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Frostybrew wrote: »
    Is this opening as a motorway?
    It sure is. 27km of M11.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭JohnC.

So those pics are M11, not N25?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

JohnC. wrote: »
    So those pics are M11, not N25?
    Well spotted. :)

MOD:

M11 pics moved to M11 thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,685 ✭✭✭jd

CoBo55 wrote: »
    9th according to those working on the site..
    Wonder if the opening has been delayed to fit in with Shane Ross, Paul Kehoe, and Michael Darcy's diaries.

jd wrote: »
    Wonder if the opening has been delayed to fit in with Shane Ross, Paul Kehoe, and Michael Darcy's diaries.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest..

The new m11 27/06/19 (pic fb)
    T5kJYt3.jpg

Roll on the 9th of July so we can all drive on it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

m17 wrote: »
    The new m11 27/06/19 (pic fb)
    T5kJYt3.jpg

What's that area on the (top) left? Future petrol station/service area?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    What's that area on the (top) left? Future petrol station/service area?

Not even a fraction of the required size. Works compound presumably

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

m17 wrote: »
    The new m11 27/06/19

The finish date of the 9th does that include the Enniscorthy bypass or is that considered part of the N25 works? Curious as regular traveller down to Enniscorthy and wondering if itll change my commute/travel. New road and get off at new location or wait till the n25 works are done continue as normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭BelfastVanMan

The finish date of the 9th does that include the Enniscorthy bypass or is that considered part of the N25 works? Curious as regular traveller down to Enniscorthy and wondering if itll change my commute/travel. New road and get off at new location or wait till the n25 works are done continue as normal?

This IS the Enniscorthy Bypass....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Sorry should have been a lil more clear.
    The last plans I saw has this as a bypass east of Enniscorthy travelling further down to Wexford.
    The turn off for Enniscorthy off of this road was also to be a bypass of Enniscorthy north of the town travelling west ward...its this particular part i was curious about. Is that considered part of the N25 works or still the N11 works.

EDIT: Aha, I think these are considered the N80 and N30?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

EDIT: Aha, I think these are considered the N80 and N30?

You got it.

The N30 (there's no N80 part anymore, it's all N30) and M11 will open all at the same time.

WEXFORD: A new road layout is in place on the M11 near the Clogh R/A, between Gorey and Camolin, with southbound traffic using a new roundabout until approx. Fri 19th July.

WEXFORD: Lane closures are in place for works on the N30 outside Enniscorthy, near the Davidstown turn-off, until approx. Fri 19th July.

WEXFORD: Lane restrictions are in place for works on the N11 north of Oilgate until approx. Fri 19th July.

Sounds like 19th opening from those AA Roadwatch notices?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

marno21 wrote: »
    Yes, and the 19th is more likely given that road openings usually occur on Fridays.

serfboard wrote: »
    Yes, and the 19th is more likely given that road openings usually occur on Fridays.
    It'll be open for the big Yellowbelly excursion to Croker at the end of July at least. :)

marno21 wrote: »

Looking at what needs to be done I'd say it's the 19th too.

• Advertisement

The new m11 28/06/19 (pic m11gtoe.ie website )
    zPGOHx1.jpg

Advertisement