Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Hurling (Liam Mccarthy Cup) 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,677 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Brian017 wrote: »
    Does Davy Fitz always look like he's going to smash you?
    He always looks like one bad look or bad question away from sticking the head into someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭threeball

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    He always looks like one bad look or bad question away from sticking the head into someone.

If only he'd brought his ladder

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I don't think Limerick cared about Clare or Cork, if they did surely they'd prefer to see Cork out as they had already beaten them but for a fair an open championship surely every team should give it their best in every game, if anything you'd have thought Tipp would have rotated players as they were already guaranteed a final spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,786 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Leinster final should be a belter, not really concerned who wins, main thing is that Galway are knocked out, they had a big chance of winning it this year so thank God they're gone.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

No more than 45 to 50k in Croker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,736 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Clareman wrote: »
    Limerick clearly didn't give it their best effort in their last game in the round robin, it would take a lot of convincing for me to believe otherwise, if that isn't throwing a game I don't know what is

That is not throwing a came. Limerick lost 2 games the first was been rusty and the 2nd was they were a bit cock. The 2nd was they were sure they were in and if they had to they could have stepped up a gear. I would hope Clare would do the same for the 2nd game is they were in that position.

Clare lost 2 games very badly and was lucky with a 3rd and that is why they are out not your conspiracy that Limerick did it. Clare have many problems that need sorting and those in charge i hope are not thinking like you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,540 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

"Far more excitement around it than I imagined". If you can't decipher that then there's nowhere to go from here.
    Far more excitement around this than I imagined there would be in these days when in reality it doesn't really matter in the bigger picture.

If you cant read Exactly what you wrote, then there really is nowhere to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    If you cant read Exactly what you wrote, then there really is nowhere to go.

Yeah I wrote that also. And in the bigger picture of an all Ireland it doesn't matter because the losers aren't out. That's why I was pleasantly surprised to see such excitement around it. Christ, can you not separate two statements?

Anyway, go away now the other one has started.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,540 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Hoping this game is tighter all the way through,

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

I don't think Limerick cared about Clare or Cork, if they did surely they'd prefer to see Cork out as they had already beaten them but for a fair an open championship surely every team should give it their best in every game, if anything you'd have thought Tipp would have rotated players as they were already guaranteed a final spot.

Why risk injury by playing players 3 weeks in a row . Look after your own house which they did .

• Advertisement

Yeah I wrote that also.

Glad you agree.

TJ is such a good player, KK need a big game from him .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

Limerick clearly didn't give it their best effort in their last game in the round robin, it would take a lot of convincing for me to believe otherwise, if that isn't throwing a game I don't know what is

"throwing a game" is more or less what Clare did against both Tipp and Limerick.

Good game so far.

Wexford are well up for it but kk not taking a backward step as you'd expect, lively start.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Wexford are well up for it but kk not taking a backward step as you'd expect, lively start.

Yeah I assume the players haven't been told to spare the timber either.

Game has settled now, with a few frees for either team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Limerick are just on a different level, they've dublin football levels a squad, the lads coming off the bench are as good as the lads coming off. Can't see anyone stopping them now.

There's a team that play in Red and White waiting in seriously long grass that have beaten Limerick twice already this year to challenge them

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭spideyman92

Just me or is there an annoying droning noise throughout Croke Park since the start of this game?

So it's clear that Limerick threw the round robin game against Tipp, that resulted in Clare being knocked out of the championship, can't say I'm going to support Limerick any time soon.

big difference between rotating a squad and throwing a game. If anything, that game just shows Limerick don't have much depth in the squad.

Clare weren't knocked out of the championship as a result of that result, either, tbf. Clare were knocked out by losing two games by a large margin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,209 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

That was very silly by Kilkenny

Stupid by kk that would gave been 5 points in a row.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Too smart for their own good there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

threeball wrote: »
    No more than 45 to 50k in Croker.

What's your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Brian017

TJ better avoid Brian Cody at HT

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭MattressRick

Browney7 wrote: »
    Limerick are just on a different level, they've dublin football levels a squad, the lads coming off the bench are as good as the lads coming off. Can't see anyone stopping them now.

There's a team that play in Red and White waiting in seriously long grass that have beaten Limerick twice already this year to challenge them

I wouldn't say cork are in any long grass. They seem to be hyped up every year after any kind of a win in Munster and haven't lived up to it. Can't see them winning the all Ireland, their backs aren't at the level limericks backs are at.

Donal O Grady has mentioned the film Gladiator and original sin in the first half alone.

Excellent first half. Some quality scores. Chin having a good game so far.

one point in it at half time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Half Time at Croker

TJ Reid 0-15 Wexford 0-14

Advertisement