Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Hopefully Armagh can put up a better show towards a close game than Kildare have.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

An open goal left them chasing and there was 3pts in it at the end.

Worst performance ive seem from ourselves in the championship and no hammering on the score board.

MH loves the backdoor. Allows us to knock them out in the super 8s in their own backyard again.

4 points was it not and for someone not wearing Tyrone tinted glasses a bigger hammering than the scoreboard showed.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Strabanimal

charlie14 wrote: »
    4 points was it not and for someone not wearing Tyrone tinted glasses a bigger hammering than the scoreboard showed.

Like i said if we won the kickout it would have been 3 with us attacking.

That's without the leader of the team Harte playing. But sure lets wait and see.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Yes they count as full subs, but your allowed six subs in football now since the introduction of the black card.

That's where I was getting confused, I knew they did something with subs cause of the black card.

Thanks for that

doc_17 wrote: »
    Tyrone looking good. But that style of play is their tried and trusted and is so effective against teams that Tyrone are better than. They’ll be in the super 8s again this year from the back door.

Cathal McShane is on track for an All Star. Mattie Donnelly playing better out the field. Burns had a good game too.

Better teams than Kildare will snuff out McShane by dropping a sweeper in front of him.
    They are back to their tried and trusted, but as last year showed against Dublin that tried and trusted isn`t good enough to win an AI.

• Advertisement

Like i said if we won the kickout it would have been 3 with us attacking.

That's without the leader of the team Harte playing. But sure lets wait and see.

....and if your aunt had testicles.....

Harte was playing, (unlike McBrearty last year) and got sent off on a deserved black card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭doc_17

Better teams than Kildare will snuff out McShane by dropping a sweeper in front of him.
    They are back to their tried and trusted, but as last year showed against Dublin that tried and trusted isn`t good enough to win an AI.

Maybe they will figure McShane out but he is throwback to an old fashioned full forward. Unselfish player too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Clareman wrote:
    Westmeath have had 2 black cards in the first half against Clare, they count as full subs don't they? Doesn't that mean that 2 of their 5 subs have now been used???

And Ger Egan is gone off injured, 3 of our best forwards all gone off in 1st half

doc_17 wrote: »
    Maybe they will figure McShane out but he is throwback to an old fashioned full forward. Unselfish player too.

Donegal figured him out pretty well as they did Donnelly.
    None of the better teams are going to leave him in the old fashioned full forward situation of one on one with a full back at the edge of the square.
    Certainly not Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭dobman88

dobman88 wrote: »
    Go to Google, search gaa streams reddit, theres a thread asking for a Mayo Armagh stream there but it's a stream for the Kildare Tyrone game. Just click the link and it plays. Has been flawless for me for the first half with no lag and great quality

For anyone that got this stream. Theres no need to turn it off, it should go straight to the Mayo game. I think.

One of the best streams I've found in a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭C__MC

Kildare football a sorry state.

To easy for Tyrone but they are a match for any team

....and if your aunt had testicles.....

Harte was playing, (unlike McBrearty last year) and got sent off on a deserved black card.

I dont believe it was deserved and if you read my post history I've always sung the praises of McBrearty.

Who won the Ulster championship last year and got knocked out in their home ground by Tyrone? Who won the Ulster championship this year and who is about to make the super 8s again?

Cheers

C__MC wrote: »
    Kildare football a sorry state.

To easy for Tyrone but they are a match for any team

Saw them in the final day of the league when they were still in for a shot at promotion and they were a shambles, losing by 13 points.

They haven`t improved since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

That wouldn’t have been a free kick in Ulster. Very soft.

What's this Jarlie Og Burns thing about? I hear nearly everyone in the media at it and it makes him sound like a 4 year old.

Donegal figured him out pretty well as they did Donnelly.
    None of the better teams are going to leave him in the old fashioned full forward situation of one on one with a full back at the edge of the square.
    Certainly not Dublin.

McShane won man of the match vs Dublin in the league whilst Tyrone were a man down and beat them.

McShane was the best player on the field vs Donegal too.

But please continue

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Great team goal, very unselfish

That's a shame, we had a game there for a few minutes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

What's this Jarlie Og Burns thing about? I hear nearly everyone in the media at it and it makes him sound like a 4 year old.

I detest it.
    There is only one playing so cut out the silly “og” rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

Andy Moran allowed 11 steps there before releasing the pass, what hope do defenders have

I detest it.
    There is only one playing so cut out the silly “og” rubbish.

I more meant the Jarlie instead of Jarlath. But yeah, they could drop the Og too.

Deegan is fairly harsh on Armagh so far.

Deegan is fairly harsh on Armagh so far.

No consisting refereeing at all. Awful problem in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Don't like that celebration O'Neill does after scoring a goal. Arrogant. Will get a slap for himself one of these days.

Don't like that celebration O'Neill does after scoring a goal. Arrogant. Will get a slap for himself one of these days.

It's some wrestling thing, though what he's watching that for as a grown man is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

Mayo have played at a more relaxed canter.
    They may last the pace better.

McShane won man of the match vs Dublin in the league whilst Tyrone were a man down and beat them.

McShane was the best player on the field vs Donegal too.

But please continue

If you want to know what beating Dublin in the league this year is worth, take a look at what good it has done Monaghan.

Now you are just being silly.

McShane was totally ineffective against Donegal scoring a total of 1 point from play.

Jamie Brennan, man of the match, scored 1 -3 from play and Paddy McBrearty 3 points from play.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

I dont believe it was deserved and if you read my post history I've always sung the praises of McBrearty.

Who won the Ulster championship last year and got knocked out in their home ground by Tyrone? Who won the Ulster championship this year and who is about to make the super 8s again?

Cheers
    Do you always have to be sniping about Donegal or can you just enjoy your own team winning?

There are no cups for knocking someone out of the Super 8s either.

• Advertisement

Very greedy by Jamie Clarke there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement