Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭vid36

Clare won the Munster title in 1992 when John Maughan was the manager.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

I expect them to make it a game but would imagine Tyrone are too strong. I do hope Kildare win though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Clare
    Laois
    Armagh
    Tyrone

For me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,155 ✭✭✭✭km79

Anyone that is gone to Newbridge early please throw up subs for Mayo if all qualifier panels are in programme please

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I think some posters are writing off Mayo far too soon.
    Armagh are a good young team but Mayo have a vast amount of experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,892 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

I think some posters are writing off Mayo far too soon.
    Armagh are a good young team but Mayo have a vast amount of experience.

You're absolutely right, i dont understand it. Its not based on any rational analysis of results and performances this year. Armagh beat Down after extra time and were beaten by an average Cavan. Now Mayo are far from a given and Armagh certainly have chance but its odd seeing so many posters tipping them based on nothing really

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Strabanimal

You're absolutely right, i dont understand it. Its not based on any rational analysis of results and performances this year. Armagh beat Down after extra time and were beaten by an average Cavan. Now Mayo are far from a given and Armagh certainly have chance but its odd seeing so many posters tipping them based on nothing really

There must be a reason. A lot of big punters I know think Armagh have a chance. I want to be talked into betting for them but I just can't see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Can't see either one today being the shocks that a lot are predicting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

You don't think Mayo losing to a limited Roscommon team has any bearing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,892 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

You don't think Mayo losing to a limited Roscommon team has any bearing?

Of course it has but we shot ourselves in the foot that day, i would love to play them again later in the summer. We should have won that game and i do give Armagh a chance but they have done nothing really imo to justify the confidence shown in them by some on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Is that Elvis belting out the anthem?

You can't deny those red Tyrome kits look great

You can't deny those red Tyrome kits look great
    Looks awful when there's 14 of them behind the ball honestly.

My feed froze a second, was that not a Kildare point?

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    Looks awful when there's 14 of them behind the ball honestly.

Im talking about Tyrone not Donegal mate.

We go for the kill. There's a goal for you.

My feed froze a second, was that not a Kildare point?
    I thought it was a point too, completely missed why it wasn't given

That's shambolic defending.

Kildare’s defenders a bit like Cavan’s last week in that they didn’t touch the forward at all for that goal. Far too timid.

This could be over by half time at this rate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Canavans pre match analysis spot on. Kildare defending in narrow packs leaving acres of space. No communication or organisation being displayed.

• Advertisement

Kildare look like they're lost

• Registered Users Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Newbridge or nowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 14 tommyled1984

I disagree with you on a few things. In my opinion the Leinster championship is dead along with Munster and Connacht. The format is unfair. It's a 2 horse race in Munster and a 3 horse race in connacht so hit form on the day and you're into super8s. In Leinster or Ulster you have to win 3 tough tests to get to the provincial final. In Leinster the reward for getting to a final is complete humiliation by Dublin.

I think your 5yr plan to beat the dubs was tried and tested a long time ago and failed. Youd need an exceptionally talented group of players but even at that it would be a hard job to get them all to stick together. There was always great players that wouldnt play with their counties for whatever reason. Now in every county in leinster there are talented players who wont play for their county because Dublin are so strong..what's the point?...I'm sure Meath is no different. Except for a blip in 2010 Dublin have dominated Leinster for 15yrs and their dominance has grown year on year for the last 6 or 7yrs.

Dublin are the leading example for every other county in terms of development of players at club and county level which is great but that doesn't mean that when every other county catches up that they can beat Dublin because it's still unlikely. With Dublins population it was inevitable that one day when they got their act together that they would dominate. Some ppl are begrudging Dublin and attributing their success to funding but that's not the case really.

I'm not saying that Dublin will never be beaten by a Leinster county but it's very unlikely for the foreseeable future. Under the current format there is no great incentive to play County football in Leinster. It's much the same in Munster, there have been some really good Limerick and Clare teams in the past but year on year they get drawn against kerry or cork and it's back to the hurling..

I'm sure this is the beginning for this current Meath team and I'm sure they will get the better of many teams but beating Dublin is a toughie.

Kildare are defending like it's a training run about.

Kildare are defending like it's a training run about.

Kildare are not defending at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

citykat wrote: »
    Is that Elvis belting out the anthem?

The Khazhakstan Elvis :)

Clerkin is talking some bollocks there. The goalkeepers arms didn't go back so it was either already wide when he caught it or it didn't cross the line at all.

Was a ridiculous decision in the first place.

Game on

Good goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Will Tyrone bottle it again?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement