Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

Campbell a nice footballer but sure does border too many steps on every run

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

charlie14 wrote:
    Armagh haven`t looked fit in any game this championship. Faded out in games they had won. Mayo are home and hosed after that goal unless they do one of their own fade out specials.

I've only seen Armagh twice this year and I never noticed any issue with their fitness. With the manager they have I'd be sceptical they lack for fitness.
    I can't see this lack of fitness anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Is this O'Connors first touch of the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,931 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Easiest game of the super 8s, meath backdoor game and semi final. On your own doorstep

Not that I am really interested in the opinion of someone who is so blindly biased he thought McShane was the outstanding player in Tyrone losing to Donegal in this years Ulster Semi-Final, but I haven`t the slightest idea what you are on about. Nor do I really care tbh.
    Surely there must be a thread here somewhere that Tyrone supporters can bitch amongst themselves about Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Wouldn't mind another 20 mins of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Earley would sicken you with his constant reeling off of in-game stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Christ, the sky commentary just said "Keith higgans has just come out after winning his 19th possession of the game".

That's so much better than the crap RTE turn out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Bejaysis O'Shea is playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Is this O'Connors first touch of the ball.

Thankfully he made good use of it:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Deegan will play out for ET.

Hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Deegan will probably blow this up early and not give Armagh a chance to level.

Have to push right up on kickout now.

Clowns on the pitch this week again before the game is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Better team lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Armagh will be kicking themselves, they should have won that, kicked far too many wides. Mayo not up too much at all this year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Armagh had the winning of that, Rian O'Neill went to **** in the 2nd half. And Shiels cost them with that stupid foul.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Well done, Mayo.

JeffKenna wrote: »
    I can't see this lack of fitness anyway.

In fairness they finished stronger there, but in the drawn game against Cavan they really left it behind them in the end, and in the replay when Cavan pulled away towards the end they were not able to stay with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭corny

Jesus that was an awful last wide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Armagh will kick themselves after that, honestly think they were the better side

Mayo look on borrowed time unfortunately. Has there ever been a team like them to shoot themselves in the foot so much?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

corny wrote: »
    Jesus that was an awful last wide.

Appalling. He'd have given them time to build an attack too

Armagh are a lower division 2 side lest we forget. It's very likely it's another step up again for mayo next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Pity that, only good point was the injuries. Laois have put up a fair score in their game with Offaly too. Apparently it was delayed by ten minutes for the crowd but it's a fair size of a spot in Portlaoise.

I've only seen Armagh twice this year and I never noticed any issue with their fitness. With the manager they have I'd be sceptical they lack for fitness.

Surprised myself, but in the drawn Cavan game they really left that one behind them and in the replay when Cavan started to pull away towards the end they looked out on their feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Mayo can never be accused of being boring anyway!

Injuries really hitting them every which way, but you would have to fancy them to beat Cavan and Meath. Cork who knows and Galway, well that would their least preferred option I imagine, especially if Comer is back.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Good win in the end, felt sorry for Mark Shields after the silly free

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

charlie14 wrote: »
    In fairness they finished stronger there, but in the drawn game against Cavan they really left it behind them in the end, and in the replay when Cavan pulled away towards the end they were not able to stay with them.

They finished very well against Monaghan last week in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Strabanimal

charlie14 wrote: »
    Not that I am really interested in the opinion of someone who is so blindly biased he thought McShane was the outstanding player in Tyrone losing to Donegal in this years Ulster Semi-Final, but I haven`t the slightest idea what you are on about. Nor do I really care tbh.
    Surely there must be a thread here somewhere that Tyrone supporters can bitch amongst themselves about Donegal

Gloating isn't bitching

They finished very well against Monaghan last week in fairness.

That`s true, but after the Fermnagh game, where i thought they would get back on track, Monaghan looked there for the taking anyway

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

So Mayo, Laois, Tyrone and Clare up against Galway, Cavan, Meath and Cork, is it an open draw or will it be seeded someway?

Nice mix of provinces left, 3 from each province in the last 12 has that ever happened before I wonder

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

God win for Laois. It's a real long shot given the potential opponents but I'd love to see them in the quarter finals.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement