Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

Deegan with his Mayo jersey on alright. Too fussy. The big teams seem to get these decisions, Kerry got a lot against Cork too.

Was sent the Cork Kerry game as a neutral and ref made 5 or 6 odd decisions all for Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Deegan with his Mayo jersey on alright. Too fussy. The big teams seem to get these decisions, Kerry got a lot against Cork too.

He's shocking. Anything near 50/50 is going to Mayo. Armagh man carries the ball into contact, he's turned over and no free, at least 3 times a Mayo man did the same, lay down and awarded a free.

All I'd ask for is consistently and fairness, Mayo Maurice is keeping them in the game this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

How Burns got a yellow there only the Gaa Gods could explain.

He was there when a foul was committed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,927 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

I'm talking about them taking McShane out of the game
    They have not done that.

I know the supposed best team ever are piss poor in the league against the top teams but I was talking about McShane here.

Donegal pretty much fairly did take him out of the game.

He is Tyrone`s top scorer in this championship and only scored 1 point from play against them in an Ulster Semi-Final.

Yet somehow you rated him the best player on the pitch.:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Jeju wrote: »
    Was sent the Cork Kerry game as a neutral and ref made 5 or 6 odd decisions all for Kerry
    Yeah the likes of Clifford gets frees for anything. Very hard to defend against when the forwards are getting nothing frees.

• Advertisement

Knocked out in your own ground. With ease.

Hardly with ease, and against a Doneal team without Patrick McBrearty.

Not that it actually did Tyrone any good other than to discover the system they played then, and have now reverted back too after losing to Donegal, is nowhere near good enough to win an AI.

I cannot under stand why Armagh are not pressing the Mayo kickouts, they're conceding every one short

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Good score from J Clarke, dodgy high kickout from Mayo turned it over, there might be more of them

Stoner wrote: »
    Good score from J Clarke, dodgy high kickout from Mayo turned it.off, there might be more of them

David Clarke's long kicks are like picking apples, hang in the air and can be attacked. Cannot Understand why they are letting Mayo build their running game uncontested from their kickouts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Armagh completely switch off after every score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Awful standard of football here. Jamie Clarke standing out like a sore thumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

It’s an interesting match even if it hasn’t burst into life as yet.
    It’s amazing that these two counties haven’t met in a C/ship match in over 60 years. That’s a testament of how the silly the Provincial Championships of yesteryear were when teams only played teams in their own province year in year out. It’s why I’d love to see them try an open draw Champions League type system just for a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Balls to that then.

Nice goal Mc Laughlin.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Great individual goal

Mayo should kick on here now. Armagh dire, and look unfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Mayo decimated with injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Looked like a bit of a lucky finish for that goal, off balance and sliced it over the keeper.

Great save

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Have to smash that in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Strabanimal

charlie14 wrote: »
    Hardly with ease, and against a Doneal team without Patrick McBrearty.

Not that it actually did Tyrone any good other than to discover the system they played then, and have now reverted back too after losing to Donegal, is nowhere near good enough to win an AI.

Easiest game of the super 8s, meath backdoor game and semi final. On your own doorstep

Slattsy wrote: »
    Mayo should kick on here now. Armagh dire, and look unfit.

Armagh haven`t looked fit in any game this championship. Faded out in games they had won. Mayo are home and hosed after that goal unless they do one of their own fade out specials.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Armagh starting to look like a beaten team here

Thought it was a poor effort by Jamie Clarke there for the goal attempt, way too weak

• Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

My god Jamie Clarke is some footballer. Masterclass here in this second half

Jesus that's a sitter. How'd ya miss that?!

Classic Mayo, always looking to find new ways to lose a match. Gone very sloppy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Calamity Clarke true to form.

Soupy is taking this by the scruff of the neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

charlie14 wrote:
    Armagh haven`t looked fit in any game this championship. Faded out in games they had won. Mayo are home and hosed after that goal unless they do one of their own fade out specials.

I've only seen Armagh twice this year and I never noticed any issue with their fitness. With the manager they have I'd be sceptical they lack for fitness.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Don't have Sky, listening to Martin Carney losing his mind on Mid-West Radio is probably more entertaining getting pictures of this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement