Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Another thing the relative did before was an elderly woman died that she knew.
    She had access to woman's house and she went to it and sorted through her things and kept the good stuff without asking the the woman's family.

Another time she told my mother her friend died out in Greece on holidays. Everybody was nice to her/etc. A few months later she mentioned the friend again we said we thought she died on holidays. She replied I made that up for fun.

She is capable of anything.

That's not trivial, that's physco

• Registered Users Posts: 10,636 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Another thing the relative did before was an elderly woman died that she knew.
    She had access to woman's house and she went to it and sorted through her things and kept the good stuff without asking the the woman's family.

Another time she told my mother her friend died out in Greece on holidays. Everybody was nice to her/etc. A few months later she mentioned the friend again we said we thought she died on holidays. She replied I made that up for fun.

She is capable of anything.

Sounds like you all enable this person.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 30,414 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Sounds like you all enable this person.

We've seen her make peoples life hell by going down the route of cutting her out/etc. What we do with her is tolerate her once or twice a year and it has better results.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lunamoon

When you're trying to eat healthy and people keep offering you chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

lunamoon wrote:
    When you're trying to eat healthy and people keep offering you chocolate.

TA no one is offering me chocolate.

• Advertisement

We've seen her make peoples life hell by going down the route of cutting her out/etc. What we do with her is tolerate her once or twice a year and it has better results.

Who is she, Livia Soprano? If you all just shut her out there’s not much she can do.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 30,414 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Who is she, Livia Soprano? If you all just shut her out there’s not much she can do.

She'd ring liveline/Niall Boylan, put in complaints at your work place, spread all sort of rumors about you, do stuff to your property. We've seen people go down the cutting her out route and it failed for them.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If she's married to someone else they're close to she could make her spouse's life hell, or they may have to cut that relative out, too, just to be rid of her, and if that other person is nice it wouldn't be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

The reason for my mood is trying to figure out why I’m in a mood and how he can fix it. Look at yourself and what you’re doing, there is the reason for my moodiness.

And it’s worse that I can’t even tell you why I’m annoyed because it’s about you and I shouldn’t have found out :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,879 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    The reason for my mood is trying to figure out why I’m in a mood and how he can fix it. Look at yourself and what you’re doing, there is the reason for my moodiness.

And it’s worse that I can’t even tell you why I’m annoyed because it’s about you and I shouldn’t have found out :rolleyes:

Clear the air if you can Kitty , otherwise it will eat you up and he may try twist it to make it look like you're the one at fault .

• Advertisement

Kitty6277 wrote: »

Only you can fix your own mood. I hope things work out for you x

Gob****es who barge on to the bus before the other people get off.
    Gob****es who stand in the middle of a busy path having a right old chat.
    Gob****es.

She'd ring liveline/Niall Boylan, put in complaints at your work place, spread all sort of rumors about you, do stuff to your property. We've seen people go down the cutting her out route and it failed for them.

Well, doing nothing doesn’t seem to be working out too well for you, and yours, but if you’re that afraid of her then there’s not much anyone can do. Hope she leaves you alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Was 99.9% asleep and this stupid fcuking alarm goes off a few doors up and woke me up proper again! :(
    Not the first time it’s gone off either :(
    I’ll be like a bag of cats tomorrow if I don’t get a good sleep :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

This is very trivial yet very annoying. The marker for the whiteboard in the kitchen keeps disappearing. There are only two people in this house, yet he denies all knowledge of the existence of the whiteboard, or how the markers mysteriously move out to the shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I bought a fan for my desk. I love it, keeps me cool

In our office when a lady is pregnant then facilities do a risk assessment. Is your chair ok, do you need a fan, anything you need etc

A manager took my fan and gave to her. I don’t know her really enough to talk to

What can I do? If I take it back I look like an asshole but it isn’t the company’s property, I bought it myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

mikemac2 wrote: »
    I bought a fan for my desk. I love it, keeps me cool

In our office when a lady is pregnant then facilities do a risk assessment. Is your chair ok, do you need a fan, anything you need etc

A manager took my fan and gave to her. I don’t know her really enough to talk to

What can I do? If I take it back I look like an asshole but it isn’t the company’s property, I bought it myself

Jeepers that would definitely annoy me. I would go and tell either the person who took it or who now has it that they can have it but they need to pay for it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'd go to that manager and explain that you bought that fan, that you're willing to lend it to that lady for a couple of days but that they should make arrangements with procurement (or whatever) to get one for her themselves (they should have one by Monday, it shouldn't take too long anyway). Either that or reimburse you. And I'd have a chat with facilities, too. Meanwhile (and I know it's not the same thing at all), the €2 shops sell tiny USB fans...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Weather is gorgeous and I’ve a handy day ahead, but all I can think about is how excited I am to get home and get to the bottom of my wash basket and hang it all out in the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

It's really annoying when someone quotes a post and then just adds "THIS" or "+1" or even worse "Agree 1000%".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

It's really annoying when someone quotes a post and then just adds "THIS" or "+1" or even worse "Agree 1000%".
    THIS

• Advertisement

+1

Agree 1000%

I'm too much of a messer to have not done that :)

Autecher wrote: »
    I'm too much of a messer to have not done that :)

Ah yeah, someone had to :)

+1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,149 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

New Home wrote: »
    +1

Agreed 100%

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Agreed 100%

Agree 34534.56456%

Trivially 'Appy at what Ragnar started. :D

Also, 42.

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    Trivially 'Appy at what Ragnar started. :D

TA that I am now going to have to Unfollow this thread :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement