Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I got told today I was going too fast on my bike. That would be fair enough if I was cycling on a footpath or down Shop Street but I was on the main road, going around a corner and not fast at all. I could see someone who hadn't bothered to check if there was any traffic coming just about to step out onto the road so I said "beep beep" to warn her. That's when Miss Smartalec said I was going too fast and I said I was on the main road and cars would be going faster. Couldn't see her face as I had already passed but she probably gave me a dirty look.

Speaking of Shop Street, they have been doing maintenance for months and had a huge section dug up. I went down today and thankfully it was finished but instead of putting back cobbles, they put down huge sections of tarmac and it looks so hideously tacky and out of place. There's one section that looks like they dumped out a bucket of tarmac and didn't even bother to level it properly :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm fully aware of how utterly arsey I'm going to sound here, but toasting mustard seeds - the fcukers just hop right out of the pan.

Also, while I'm sounding like a pretentious twat, getting the seeds out of cardamom pods is also a righteous pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Put new tyres on the car last week and stones from our gravel driveway keep getting stuck in the new ones threads now and the car is going along the road tappy tapping like a fcukin demented tap dancer on cocaine.
    Doing my fcukin head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,327 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Put new tyres on the car last week and stones from our gravel driveway keep getting stuck in the new ones threads now and the car is going along the road tappy tapping like a fcukin demented tap dancer on cocaine.
    Doing my fcukin head in.

Try putting new tyres on the car and getting a thorn in the side wall after about three days and having to buy a new one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Try putting new tyres on the car and getting a thorn in the side wall after about three days and having to buy a new one!

Not good popcorn sorry for ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Sending a goodbye email to colleagues and friends, cool and all the best. I’ll sign your card for sure

Sending to 2,000 people and we never heard of your department never mind you. Well goodbye but a little presumptious no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The place where I work will be up for sale before the end of the year. I wish I knew when, the uncertainty is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Random bursts of energy late at night after walking around comatose with tiredness all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Random bursts of energy late at night after walking around comatose with tiredness all day.
    And then when you go to bed your mind will be going a million miles an hour :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Restless legs that won't let you sleep. :( :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Alarm going off when you’re in a coma. Had the best sleep ever but I’m still groggy because of the way I woke. Then I was in super value and instead of clicking “I brought my own bag” at the self service I accidentally scanned in the bag for life I already owned and so paid for it twice. Was too lazy to get someone to correct it so just gonna complain here instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who don't know the different between fiancé and fiancée.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

The council thinking that filling up potholes with a tiny bit of tar and a ton of gravel will do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

People who think that use revolving doors (that don't automatically move), not pushing them as they go through.

Go through one every morning on the way to work, the amount of people that think by staring at it and not pushing it, that's its going to move magically for them. Or maybe they are jedi's in training and the force is not yet strong with them, I dunno, it drives me nuts.....!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,107 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

LirW wrote: »
    The council thinking that filling up potholes with a tiny bit of tar and a ton of gravel will do the job.

While three men stare at it in the hope it will set sometime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

Pedantic A holes who would prefer to be right than be happy

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Maybe being right makes them happy? Ignorance is bliss and all that, but...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My at work breakfast mug(aka the bucket) sustained a fatal crack down its side, I've looked everywhere I can think and I cant find one the right size.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Dial Hard wrote: »
    People who don't know the different between fiancé and fiancée.

Erm, that would be me I am afraid😊

I suppose I never really thought about and didn’t do French I school.

Is a fiancée a fiancé that is going to “wait”until married 😂

In work a cerain person keeps slyly turning off the rotate button on the fan...so it stays aimed at her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Fiancee Female
    Fiance Male

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,267 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Bredabe wrote: »
    My at work breakfast mug(aka the bucket) sustained a fatal crack down its side, I've looked everywhere I can think and I cant find one the right size.

A sportsdirect mug is yer only man. Makes other mugs look like thimbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Worst fears confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Standing in some weird contraption of melted tar, shlte and stones and walking it through my kitchen.

Organised a small family party for a Birthday. Just the his wife,his children and his siblings. Very informal meal in a restaurant.
    One of the siblings decided to ring all the extended family to say they weren't invited basically because they're not important.

Organised a small family party for a Birthday. Just the his wife,his children and his siblings. Very informal meal in a restaurant.
    One of the siblings decided to ring all the extended family to say they weren't invited basically because they're not important.

I'd tell that person not to bother turning up, even if the meal was for him/her.

New Home wrote: »
    I'd tell that person not to bother turning up, even if the meal was for him/her.

The meal is over now, she's to much hassle to deal.
    Always causing trouble and issues but she'd be more dangerous if you tried to cut her out. Always running down people down and threatening to sue people,etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I may be close to having a 'Falling Down' day.

I love what you've done with the place thread title! :D

The meal is over now, she's to much hassle to deal.
    Always causing trouble and issues but she'd be more dangerous if you tried to cut her out. Always running down people down and threatening to sue people,etc.

Jeepers, what a peach! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Another thing the relative did before was an elderly woman died that she knew.
    She had access to woman's house and she went to it and sorted through her things and kept the good stuff without asking the the woman's family.

Another time she told my mother her friend died out in Greece on holidays. Everybody was nice to her/etc. A few months later she mentioned the friend again we said we thought she died on holidays. She replied I made that up for fun.

She is capable of anything.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement