Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

madmaggie wrote: »
    If you're late, you are liable to get charged for wasting their time, but if you have to wait, no discount for wasting your time.

A bit like the airlines! Imagine if we had to be reimbursed every time they leave 10 minutes late? But if we arrive 10 minutes late and the plane is gone, we lose all our money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

A bit like the airlines! Imagine if we had to be reimbursed every time they leave 10 minutes late? But if we arrive 10 minutes late and the plane is gone, we lose all our money.

Ya, that’s how it works, dude. You wouldn’t expect them to keep the plane waiting for one or two passengers would you? Silly comparison.

Ya, that’s how it works, dude.

Yes, "dude"; that's generally the inference when the word 'imagine' is being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for the shïte weather

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Meant to paint the outside walls today but it can't seem to make up its mind whether it is going to rain or not.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Meant to paint the outside walls today but it can't seem to make up its mind whether it is going to rain or not.

Well, it has made its mind up over here. :mad: AND: I was talking to a neighbour of mine - she's just back from a week in Southern Italy: 37 degrees. Couldn't we have split the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

Fleece on looking out the window at the incessant rain since earky morning in East Clare..I really want to go for a run...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Britain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Michael Darragh McAuley (Dublin Football player)’s name (which he can’t do anything about),and his hair(which he definitely can)...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Michael Darragh McAuley (Dublin Football player)’s name (which he can’t do anything about),and his hair(which he definitely can)...

As someone put it on the match thread:

'Michael Daragh McAuley always look like he has his head sticking out the window of a car on a windy day.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,212 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

jojofizzio wrote: »

MDMA!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I forgot about my long day tomorrow, so now I must race around and get things ready for monday instead of enjoying the end of the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The lack of affordable resort type holidays in Ireland.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Those steel wool balls that start to unravel the first time you use them to scrub something.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The weather today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

branie2 wrote: »
    The weather today

People giving out about the weather. Why is it that when it rains that the weather is "bad"? I cannot understand this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

People who seem to answer questions on Amazon as a past time.

Sample Question "How long is the cord on this hoover?"

These are actual answers I have seen:
    Answer: "I dont know, I dont have one"
    Answer: "I bought one but I havent taken it out of the box yet"

How do these people live to a stage in life where they get internet access.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Finding out something but not being able to say anything about it because of how you found out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Finding out something but not being able to say anything about it because of how you found out

Hope it's nothing that you feel you should make an intervention. Hate that kind of dilemma.

Kitty6277 wrote: »

I came here to post similar. I've found out something and if I say anything interfering and if I do nothing and things go wrong it's all my fault!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

A balls, another cup of coffee on my desk that I forgot to drink.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

That Matula Herbal Tea ad that pops up on FaceBook all the time....that long awkward lingering fake smile from the actress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Due to a loss of a major client me and a few others on temporary contracts will probably not be renewed. In addition some permanent staff were moved in a restructuring

Stressful time

My TA is my assistant manager boasting about his mid year bonus (perk of being perm) and how he might get a second hand Porsche.

Regardless of its true or not he should zip it.....or enter politics for being outstandingly out of touch

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    A balls, another cup of coffee on my desk that I forgot to drink.

Stick a few ice cubes in it, and voilà, iced coffe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

wildwillow wrote: »
    Hope it's nothing that you feel you should make an intervention. Hate that kind of dilemma.

Yes and no, it involves me slightly, so I don’t need to intervene to save anyone else, just myself. Still have a kind of decision to make, but I really can’t do anything till I prove it in a way that it is okay for me to know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,393 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Hair headaches.

People ignoring copy deadlines.

People not fancying me back.

People in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,393 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Also, the person in my office who has seen fit to absolutely DROWN themselves in aftershave that smells exactly like Radox muscle soak. You know, that awful powdery stuff that used to make the bottom of the bath all gritty.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Also, the person in my office who has seen fit to absolutely DROWN themselves in aftershave that smells exactly like Radox muscle soak. You know, that awful powdery stuff that used to make the bottom of the bath all gritty.

I love this and other bath salts but it's hard to get masculine one but I've never had the problem of the bath being gritty because I always use very hot water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Bredabe wrote: »
    That I paid almost 5e for a tub of ice cream, cause the young fella on the floor explaining the flavours reminded me of my nephew.

TA at my brain because when I first read this I pictured a forlorn little man, lying on the floor, talking about icecream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I've shopped in Aldi for the past couple of weeks, and keeping track of the difference in price between them and SuperValu. Kicking myself for not going to Aldi long ago, and the money I could have saved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement