Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

People who have a close-up photo of their make-up plastered face next to their Whatsapp number and it's sitting with your other Whatsapp contacts, disturbing you each time you open the app. They would have been much better advised to leave it blank or upload a photo of sand, sea or mountains than keep that yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

People who go to weddings and have their other half match their tie to their dress

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭jimmurt

TA at:

- People who stop / stand in doorways (especially if they are smoking)

- Pics of people with their kids on tinder

- People not being able to follow the simple number/letter seating system on Ryanair flights (aaahhh A is the window, riiiiight)

- People who walk up the middle of a 2 person pavement. Then as you try to shuffle past on one side they immediately move to that side. Walking behind them usually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

People who go to weddings and have their other half match their tie to their dress

I'd have never thought of that going to a wedding but seriously how would you even notice that?

JeanL wrote: »
    I'd have never thought of that going to a wedding but seriously how would you even notice that?

Because it’s a thing. I even know of a girl who got her fella’s tie made from the same colour and fabric of her dress. Each to their own but I find it a bit cringe.
    Accidentally matching is grand though :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

jimmurt wrote: »

- Pics of people with their kids on tinder

That and People on Tinder posting photos of themselves in a group without saying which is them. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

My lavender bath bomb from Lush made the water look like a dirty swamp instead of the heavenly shades of peaceful purple I anticipated :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

Because it’s a thing. I even know of a girl who got her fella’s tie made from the same colour and fabric of her dress. Each to their own but I find it a bit cringe.

Yes in fairness before I read your last sentence I was saying to myself "cringe". Did you ever? :/

My husband said to me joking when we first got engaged.....'just don't ever become one of those women that buys her husbands clothes' :pac: I was like 'eh yeah that's no problem' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,007 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The last couple of years of using the internet has shown a worrying increase in annoying bits.

Can't read many websites now without big banners sliding in with adverts on them, or when you go to click something gets in the way.

Can't imagine what its going to be like in years to come. It'll just be one big advert and you'll have to fight to find the thing you want to see.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

David Mitchell (the writer, not the comedian) predicted that there'll be ads projected onto the sky and the moon that people won't be able to avoid. :( Go read "Cloud Atlas", if you haven't done so already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,007 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

To be honest, if someone on earth managed to project an advert on to the moon, I'd be impressed with that!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Remember the Bat-signal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

NIMAN wrote: »
    Can't read many websites now without big banners sliding in with adverts on them, or when you go to click something gets in the way.

When the webpage hasn't finished loading and you click the link you want to go to but the page jumps and you end up clicking on the ad accidentally? OMG rage face. I sometimes think websites set up the page to load slowly so they'll get more clicks on the stupid ads. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Finding that you have just used one of the crap tea bags that was left over from the, on the spur of the meanness moment, when you bought the price saver tea bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Aidric wrote: »
    Almost as bad as starting a written sentence with so.

Well.....:) I have developed the habit of opening my sentences with ''well'' if I'm about to make a statement ,or ''so'', if it's a question . I remember grumping on Facebook about people doing this. Some habits are contagious .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Came downstairs this morning to discover kitchen roof leaking from the upstairs bathroom.

This happened a couple of years ago and I spent months drying it out, then stripping off the paint, sanding it down over and over and over, then painting it several times until it looked as good as new (almost).

To make matters worse, I'm a little bit hung over too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

And to make this Monday even worse, I have diabetic blood tests this morning at 10 and I've been up since 7, fasting. I need my Weetabix and coffee :mad:

I've had that , Ragnar, about 2 months ago I discovered the water was running into the plug socket for the washing machine and cooker. Ripped the plasterboard down to take a look...but it actually crumbled down, totally sodden . The whole space where the electrical cables are was full of black mold.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

OMG the boss has come to 'hotdesk' in the empty desk beside me. The horror.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my dog for waking me up at 5:10am this morning to alert me to the presence of a bird in the garden.

TA at not being able to get back to sleep once woken. When I'm up I'm up..Wish I was one of those people who can fall asleep at will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I need to hoover the car and this is the only chance I’ll have to do it by tomorrow. TA’d at the fact that it’s literally the last thing I want to do right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

NIMAN wrote: »
    The last couple of years of using the internet has shown a worrying increase in annoying bits.

Can't imagine what its going to be like in years to come. It'll just be one big advert and you'll have to fight to find the thing you want to see.
    News sites that autoplay videos and it follows you down the page.

Have Food Glorious Food stuck in my head all morning. Wouldn’t mind but I don’t know any of the words only the ones above so am just singing them over and over in my head to the tune of the song

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Have Food Glorious Food stuck in my head all morning

Curse you. It is now in my head

Car insurance renewal time, and shopping around. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

New Home wrote: »

Same here....just been online with AA and Christ what a drawn out affair..😡

“Do you want to add a second car “. No
    “Are you sure?” Yes
    “It might be cheaper..”. ...no thanks!
    “What about home insurance?” No thanks
    “Are you sure?” Oh FFS!

New Home wrote: »

The same questions over and over again.:mad:

Arriving in Casualty. Doctor asks you about why you are there, your medical history, your living arrangements etc. Left on a trolley. An hour later, another doctor arrives with all the same questions again. This doctor also leaves. Another hour, yet another doctor arrives with the same questions again. Blood pressure rising swiftly. Do they do this in the hope that you might give a different answer to one of the many questions you were asked before. Grrr!!!:mad:

Ignorant assumptions about married monogamous couples

Peevish people who have certain expectations around how they should be spoken to but don't show much intuition around how I might appreciate being spoken to

people who drain the fun and spontaneity out of everything with po faced formality

• Advertisement

Insurance, insurance, insurance - grrrr. My head is melted with it. Just finished the marathon health insurance change-or-they'll-overcharge-you-even-more process, and now must do the same for home insurance and car insurance, and apparently mortgage protection costs have gone down so I've been advised to see if I can find a cheaper policy.

The home insurance seems like a complete piss take as it's unlikely the house will be burnt down - just how many houses are burnt down in Ireland every year? - and if I'm robbed then they're going to put up the premium to get back any money that I claimed. All that handy money.

Scratch all that. Car insurance, which we have to buy under law (it must be tough being a private insurance company when people have to buy insurance!). Mother of Jesus. Who makes these questions? Type of Licence, date of issue, penalty points, date of issue, licence number, Irish resident, how long an Irish resident, and you have to go to their calendar each time picking all these dates from all over your life. Then you must do the same for any other named person on the prospective policy - and that's just for one insurance company's quotes! Wash and repeat with your personal data and time across many private companies.

And the best part? When you've done all that, you get a message "Unfortunately we are unable to provide you with a car insurance quote online..."

When will this complete piss-take industry of time-wasting parasites be reined in?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement