Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Hurling (Liam Mccarthy Cup) 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

BOSTIK wrote: »
    Eoin Murphy's first half challenge on Rory O'Connor would certainly fit that description

Exactly and what Wexford did on Sat was no different to the Kilkenny team that won a load of all irelands not too long ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭Grats

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

GOC actions were a disgrace and Anthony Daly attempting to justify it on tv was worse.

Would have been interesting had The Rock been on the Cork sideline.

Gerry might have ended up in row z of the stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,018 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I have seen a few people work on the assumption that because of Croke Park's dimensions, Kilkenny could potentially bypass Wexford's sweeper system and thus score a lot more.

Well the same argument could be made for Wexford's prospects as well. Three of their starting forwards scored at least twice from play (Rory O, Morris and Mac), as did substitute Jack O'Connor, while they got multiple scores out the field too from Dee O'Keeffe and Paudie Foley (albeit from frees). In contrast, only Mullan and Fennelly scored more than once aside from Reid, so if anything Wexford's forwards showed more of their potential on a tighter pitch.

I am fully cognisant that Reid surely won't be as quiet from play again, and that five of Kilkenny's backs got on the scoreboard which shows their ability from long-range, but both sides could potentially let loose, not just the Cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Sir Guy who smiles

Grats wrote: »

He is right about sideline staff getting involved....
    But I can't take him seriously when he talks about cutting down on cynicism. He let a lot go in his time-a great ref to "let the game flow".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Tipp people think other people not from Tipp think they're hilarious, constantly playing that ****ty "we didn't start the fire" song.

Regarding their re-emergence, I'm talking about their "viral" hit as soon as Tipp get to a semi or some ****e that all the clickbait sites will push as well as being on all match related programmes/radio shows.

They're not liked in Tipperary either. They're a terrible embarrassment to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Mac_Lad71 wrote: »
    GOC actions were a disgrace and Anthony Daly attempting to justify it on tv was worse.

I didn't see the game other than the GOC incident. Your comment is fair enough.

But there was radio comment that Kearney was very lucky earlier to escape a red. What's the story or did anybody see it? I saw no tv last night,

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭donnem33

Annoying TSG didnt show the perceived penalty incident against Dublin in the first few minutes. Was listening to the game on GBFM and they claimed it was a definite penalty.

Anyone at the game able to shed some light on the incident?

donnem33 wrote: »
    Annoying TSG didnt show the perceived penalty incident against Dublin in the first few minutes. Was listening to the game on GBFM and they claimed it was a definite penalty.

Kearney whatever he may or may not have done is one of thirty players on the field of play and has abs. no bearing on GOC's behaviour.

If every manager who is aggrieved about a perceived refereeing injustice behaved in such a way where would that leave us?

Tbh i was more disappointed with Daly's reaction but he had been calling for a reaction in his newspaper columns and attempting to stir it up so I wasn't surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

I was there, and behind the goal. No way was it penalty. Nolan faced him up, got the better of him.

Set the tone for the evening. Don't back down/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭donnem33

Bonniedog wrote: »
    I was there, and behind the goal. No way was it penalty. Nolan faced him up, got the better of him.

Set the tone for the evening. Don't back down/

Cheers. Couldn't get a ticket so was a just wondering. I know gbfm, like all local stations, are very biased.

Would like to see Dublin go far this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,313 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

DubMatchTracker said it was a pen as well but didn't see it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

It wasn't given because it was so early in the match. If it happened 10 minutes later it would have been given. Nolan smashed him square in the chest.

The ref had plenty of time to even it up though. Galway got a fair few decisions for the rest of the half. The ref was ****e really.

I tend to the Cody view. Whistle at start and end.

Yeah, Nolan did him. Joe did Brady in 2010 or 11 in Tullamore and was standing over him laughing.

I'm not going to be apologising for our lads after 50 years seeing us being treated like Rikkers Island punks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

Bonniedog wrote: »
    I tend to the Cody view. Whistle at start and end.

Yeah, Nolan did him. Joe did Brady in 2010 or 11 in Tullamore and was standing over him laughing.

I'm not going to be apologising for our lads after 50 years seeing us being treated like Rikkers Island punks.

He just asked was it a penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

In fairness it's hard for everyone to hide their dislike of Tipp

Lot of KK fellas on here it seems. Rest assured the feeling is mutual. In fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

BOSTIK wrote: »
    Ken McGrath & Ursula Jacob are excellent pundits, the SG producers are slowly culling the deadwood from the set.

Eddie Brennan can't hide his dislike of Tipp though, apparently they cheated yesterday with the Limerick puckouts

Yes, if he doesn't get it that he's supposed to be neutral in his commentary he shouldn't even be there. Using the term 'cheating' like he did was pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Re-emerge? They're doing a weekly podcast now which is top of the charts every week. I think they're quite funny but I only pay a passing interest in them. And if you don't think they are, they are easily avoided surely.

The Tipp Tipp Tipp Tipp chant is easily the worst thing about Tipp doing well.

As a tipp man i have to agree on the chant, its shocking and it dies after a few seconds each time luckily i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Tipp people think other people not from Tipp think they're hilarious, constantly playing that ****ty "we didn't start the fire" song.

Regarding their re-emergence, I'm talking about their "viral" hit as soon as Tipp get to a semi or some ****e that all the clickbait sites will push as well as being on all match related programmes/radio shows.

So you know what all tipp people think? Stupid comment stay retired gerry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Yes, if he doesn't get it that he's supposed to be neutral in his commentary he shouldn't even be there. Using the term 'cheating' like he did was pathetic.

He's pretty amateurish at times with some of his comments. I mean that he knows the game well, but things like insulating Barry Kelly has an agenda against Kilkenny when being a paid pundit or commenting "not a lot of people know but Waterford wanted Mattie Kenny" when he's an intercounty manager himself is poor form (and also inaccurate, plenty of articles written about Waterford and Kenny last summer).

You expect more than pub talk from him in those positions. And that's not an anti Kilkenny thing, he's doing a good job with Laois but just think that kind of thing needs to be called out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The Bonner is going to be a big loss for Tipp going forward, was in his best form since 2010 and does a very specific job as a link man.

He can't be replaced.

corny wrote: »
    He just asked was it a penalty.

Does this site have three posts and you have to know the Ballymun treasurer's granny's neighbour rule :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Galway did look knackered this year. It will be interesting to see if Limerick can maintain their fitness level. It's just so difficult to win two back to back. Tipp couldn't even manage it.

Realistically how could they be knackered this early in the year?
    The hunger might be gone out of them a bit alright. Conor Cooneys form is probably a big factor in their decline. He was outstanding in 2017 and has been really poor since.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Kearney whatever he may or may not have done is one of thirty players on the field of play and has abs. no bearing on GOC's behaviour.

If every manager who is aggrieved about a perceived refereeing injustice behaved in such a way where would that leave us?

Tbh i was more disappointed with Daly's reaction but he had been calling for a reaction in his newspaper columns and attempting to stir it up so I wasn't surprised.

From a Clare point of view we were thrilled with Gerry's actions and the performance of the team in full. He will be rightfully sanctioned but sometimes, every now and again, markers and tones have to be set and it was absolutely vital that this team and management did that last Sunday after their performances of the previous 2 weekends.

:mad:
    From a Clare point of view we were thrilled with Gerry's actions and the performance of the team in full. He will be rightfully sanctioned but sometimes, every now and again, markers and tones have to be set and it was absolutely vital that this team and management did that last Sunday after their performances of the previous 2 weekends.

Well if ye were thrilled with Gerry's actions that about sums it up really.

Markers and tones were set by a manager whose team delivered nothing of substance over three years and made a fool of himself in his last game.

No Munster title, no All-Ireland and out of this years championship before the real business begins.

But as long as ye're happy that's the main thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

:mad:

Well if ye were thrilled with Gerry's actions that about sums it up really.

Markers and tones were set by a manager whose team delivered nothing of substance over three years and made a fool of himself in his last game.

No Munster title, no All-Ireland and out of this years championship before the real business begins.

But as long as ye're happy that's the main thing.

Not much point debating with a lad when that's the response. Good man.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭Grats

robbiezero wrote: »
    Realistically how could they be knackered this early in the year?
    The hunger might be gone out of them a bit alright. Conor Cooneys form is probably a big factor in their decline. He was outstanding in 2017 and has been really poor since.

I meant against Dublin after their tough match just six days earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭robbiezero

I meant against Dublin after their tough match just six days earlier.

ya, Fair enough. That could well have been a factor alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Not much point debating with a lad when that's the response. Good man.....

You can't condone what he did. Absolutely no place for it in any sport

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Nic_Col

You can't condone what he did. Absolutely no place for it in any sport

Absolutely. If that's how teams see fit to set the tone or lay down markers as was suggested then it won't be long before all non physio/water and hurley carrier personnel are required to spend the full game in the stand.

Controlled aggression is the key. O'Connor wasn't laying down a marker, he just simply lost control. I'm not saying hang the guy but what he did can't be condoned.

Advertisement