Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cladav32

Hey folks. Had posted in the 1810 thread but might be more in this one that can answer. I’ve seen people saying if you pass medical you hear the same day, is this always the case? I’m aware that PSNI say allow a week (incase it’s a fail etc...)

Personally I heard the next morning. However some people may not have a straight forward medical history so I would imagine in some cases it may take a little more time for deliberation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Dromore_2019

cladav32 wrote: »
    Personally I heard the next morning. However some people may not have a straight forward medical history so I would imagine in some cases it may take a little more time for deliberation.
    How long did yous have to wait for SMT in the 2017 campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭nickolatte94

Think my results came back in about 3 weeks.

I got my results exactly 2 from medical.

cladav32 wrote: »
    I got my results exactly 2 from medical.
    thanks for reply

• Advertisement

thanks for reply

Your welcome, just read my reply and to clarify it was exactly 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Tunafish123

YNWA27 wrote: »
    It's not.

Several friends found out on day off medical...

It can be, I heard 8 days after my medical. Just depends.

Like I said recruitment may be working of a slightly out of date list, offers have already been made to other candidates

Yeah I know how it works, I’m in Gv atm having been through this process. Just think they should give a ring if they have been appointable for more than a couple of weeks. The list is updated before calls start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭YNWA27

It's not.

Several friends found out on day off medical...

It can be, I heard 8 days after my medical. Just depends.

My point was it's not "the norm"

Like vetting medical is unique to each person

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SUFTUM95

Hi guys, got my call and letter there last week. Finally! Buzzing!

Does anyone on here have any information/tips/recommendations on picking districts?

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Greyhound79

SUFTUM95 wrote: »

Does anyone on here have any information/tips/recommendations on picking districts?

Cheers!

Well done. Congratulations. Great news to hear and a big relief to you! Hope to be in the same position in a few months!!
    Can't give you any tips on choosing districts. I have a few in mind for myself, but it's because its close enough but far enough away. It's going to be busy, so will get experience (though don't know where the time will come to complete paper work).

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SUFTUM95

Well done. Congratulations. Great news to hear and a big relief to you! Hope to be in the same position in a few months!!
    Can't give you any tips on choosing districts. I have a few in mind for myself, but it's because its close enough but far enough away. It's going to be busy, so will get experience (though don't know where the time will come to complete paper work).

It’ll be time before you know it! :)

So is it basically like just choosing the best mix of workload/distance from your house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Greyhound79

You would really need to sit down and have a think. Would you like to work in a city/large town? How quickly will you learn on the job? What distance will you have to commute to work? Just a couple of questions to consider. However I think that no matter what your choices will be, they will all be considered at equal weighing, meaning that if you really wanted option 1 in your choice and put option 4 down just to fill in space, you technically could be placed in option 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JECornette

Some districts are a lot busier than others..be careful

JECornette wrote: »
    Some districts are a lot busier than others..be careful

I'm your opinion were is the busy districts assume Belfast / derry maybe Newry?

SUFTUM95 wrote: »

Cheers!

Depends what’s available when it’s your turn to pick. Some might not be available that you have in mind. Plus a lot of people, myself included didn’t even get any district that they ticked. Basically you go where they need you.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 L85a3

Depends what’s available when it’s your turn to pick. Some might not be available that you have in mind. Plus a lot of people, myself included didn’t even get any district that they ticked. Basically you go where they need you.

So how far from your home location have you been posted?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Up a tree

L85a3 wrote: »
    So how far from your home location have you been posted?

I know of people in who travel Belfast to Derry, and Derry to Enniskillen, really does depend on where the need is. Know that there is a shortage in Derry/strabane at the moment. And with uncertainty over Brexit border stations may get a bit of an increase.

Up a tree wrote: »
    I know of people in who travel Belfast to Derry, and Derry to Enniskillen, really does depend on where the need is. Know that there is a shortage in Derry/strabane at the moment. And with uncertainty over Brexit border stations may get a bit of an increase.

Don't think I've ever worried about fuel economy on a car in my life until this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Up a tree

Don't think I've ever worried about fuel economy on a car in my life until this point.

A nice wee diesel is what I'll be trying to pick up shortly for the first few years. You never know car pooling may be an option if you get others coming from your area, but at the end of the day that's worst case fingers crossed you get posted where you want to head to. No point in go through training dreading where you might be sent to as it's right at the end when you find out what will be will be.

• Advertisement

Up a tree wrote: »

A nice wee diesel is what I'll be trying to pick up shortly for the first few years. You never know car pooling may be an option if you get others coming from your area, but at the end of the day that's worst case fingers crossed you get posted where you want to head to. No point in go through training dreading where you might be sent to as it's right at the end when you find out what will be will be.

You find out your district at induction. Station at the end.

Plenty of time work out what car you need

With 1810 PCA dates coming out for various merit brackets, if an individual has passed all stages of 1710 do they need to resit the various stages for 1810 or can the results be cross-decked?

With 1810 PCA dates coming out for various merit brackets, if an individual has passed all stages of 1710 do they need to resit the various stages for 1810 or can the results be cross-decked?

1710 is being exhausted. So who cares?

Fair one, but it's nice to keep options open. Say you go in and fail a certain aspect of the course or get an injury and have to leave for whatever reason. Could bounce back in from the 1810 campaign and carry on.

Fair one, but it's nice to keep options open. Say you go in and fail a certain aspect of the course or get an injury and have to leave for whatever reason. Could bounce back in from the 1810 campaign and carry on.

If you leave in GV you cannot be accepted in SOTP for 5 years unless you had no choice. I.e. you break a leg or something

• Registered Users Posts: 11 B00724991 mc

Anyone any ideas when calls for August intakes might start?

If you leave in GV you cannot be accepted in SOTP for 5 years unless you had no choice. I.e. you break a leg or something

So if you fail an exam or can't carry on with an injury you can't get back in for 5 years?

You get 2 attempts at exams and potential re coursing.

Injury is different as above.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Anyone else waiting for a phone call?

• Advertisement

You get 2 attempts at exams and potential re coursing.

Injury is different as above.

Roger

Advertisement