Advertisement
Where is Report Post on mobile? We've made a slight change, see here
Have your say on the future of the 'Save Draft' feature in this poll
MODs please see this information notice in the mod's forum. Thanks!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

1265266267268270

Comments



  • L85a3 wrote: »
    YNWA27 wrote: »
    1710 is being exhausted. So who cares?

    Fair one, but it's nice to keep options open. Say you go in and fail a certain aspect of the course or get an injury and have to leave for whatever reason. Could bounce back in from the 1810 campaign and carry on.

    If you leave in GV you cannot be accepted in SOTP for 5 years unless you had no choice. I.e. you break a leg or something




  • Anyone any ideas when calls for August intakes might start?




  • YNWA27 wrote: »
    If you leave in GV you cannot be accepted in SOTP for 5 years unless you had no choice. I.e. you break a leg or something

    So if you fail an exam or can't carry on with an injury you can't get back in for 5 years?




  • You get 2 attempts at exams and potential re coursing.

    Injury is different as above.




  • Anyone else waiting for a phone call?


  • Advertisement


  • YNWA27 wrote: »
    You get 2 attempts at exams and potential re coursing.

    Injury is different as above.

    Roger




  • Yep waiting on a call myself.




  • Yep - waiting too




  • Hello, just a quick question what do they test on the SMT? how long after your medical are the results? thanks




  • Topjimmy5 wrote: »
    Hello, just a quick question what do they test on the SMT? how long after your medical are the results? thanks

    A hair sample is taken.

    Personal experience was a week for medical, less than two for SMT.


  • Advertisement


  • Well done onnthe calls guys!

    Can you confirm when you get the call whether you're live in 1810 or not please?




  • long time lurker first time posting, roughly where are you in the merit list?, trying to figure out when i may get a call




  • ALFA21 wrote: »
    long time lurker first time posting, roughly where are you in the merit list?, trying to figure out when i may get a call

    You should hear something soon 😗




  • Also in the 1710 campaign, just patiently waiting for my phone to ringl. Congratulations on the call! hopefully wont be too far behind lol




  • Anyone had calls today?




  • I got the call!!! Late August start




  • Soso123 wrote: »
    I got the call!!! Late August start

    Congratulations!

    I'm assuming you're in the 18/10 campaign?




  • Congratulations!

    I'm assuming you're in the 18/10 campaign?

    Nope - 1710 campaign, I didn’t do the 1810.




  • Was it a local number that called or did it start with +44 ?

    Had a missed call, buts it's probably PPI claims no doubt lol




  • L85a3 wrote: »
    Was it a local number that called or did it start with +44 ?

    Had a missed call, buts it's probably PPI claims no doubt lol

    Will be unknown/withheld


  • Advertisement


  • Quick question, probably has already been answered but are you paid for your induction day?




  • Dadbod wrote: »
    Quick question, probably has already been answered but are you paid for your induction day?

    Nope




  • Can anyone who has received the call and induction pack send me a message with the checklist for things to bring with for induction? Seem to have destroyed my copy




  • BFast1461 wrote: »
    Can anyone who has received the call and induction pack send me a message with the checklist for things to bring with for induction? Seem to have destroyed my copy

    Or you can just call recruitment and ask them?




  • Anyone out there from this campaign still waiting on a call too? My vetting took forever, had to appeal the medical and resit the PCA but better late than never lol!




  • Hi all, i’m now appointable for 1810 campaign.

    Roughly how long for most between being declared appointable and receiving the call?

    Getting excited now lol

    Thanks!
    C




  • Hi all

    Likely no one on here but thought I’d message in

    Currently in 1810 , passed 4 stages awaiting vetting . Seems to be a lifetime
    Nearly 5 months . Has anyone else experienced this length of time. I feel I may receive a fail or be called for interview

    any help is appreciated

    Regards




  • ams1707 wrote: »
    Hi all

    Likely no one on here but thought I’d message in

    Currently in 1810 , passed 4 stages awaiting vetting . Seems to be a lifetime
    Nearly 5 months . Has anyone else experienced this length of time. I feel I may receive a fail or be called for interview

    any help is appreciated

    Regards

    I’m in the same boat as you know, be keen to see what the responses are




  • W221 wrote: »
    I’m in the same boat as you know, be keen to see what the responses are


    Anyone any light to share on this topic?


  • Advertisement


  • ams1707 wrote: »
    Anyone any light to share on this topic?


    My vetting took ages, I couldn't actually tell you how long, it was so long I forgot about it, really the whole process.


    Eventually.. I got the email.


    Stay strong, I didn't bother contacting anyone. The way I figure it, they aren't going to just forget about you, must just take longer for certain applications over others.



    I believe mine was 5+ months also.


Advertisement